Why OBLIVION should be on the Wii

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Just wow, this game could be really fun on the Wii, if it was ever ported. I mean come on, its on the 360, on the PS3, and the PC. Why can't it be on the Wii? This game would look really nice even in Medium-Low settings. Bringing the RPG experience to the Wii would be really cool, especially on the Wii. You can use the Nun-Chuck as the shield and hold the trigger to keep it steady.

The directional buttons can be used for equipping certain items, weapons, or spells like in Twilight Princess, would be really cool.

The A button of course, would be opening doors known as the use button and the trigger aka B button can be used to sheath the sword or weapon. The 1 and two buttons can be to open the quest or the map.

Anyways, theres a lot of cool things I thought of, especially the bow. So, if it was ever on the Wii, to use the bow, you have to hold the nunchuck like a bow, and use the wiimote as the arrow. You pull the wiimote back but you also hold the B button. To shoot the arrow, quickly release the B button. I hope you can kinda make out what I was trying to do here. Repeat to shoot an other arrow again.

To sheath out your weapons or anything like that, you put your wiimote behind your back, hold the B button and pull it out like a sword and viola, you see your sword. To hide it, just hold the B button and just do the opposite of what you did in the first place. I think you can do the same with the dagger, but more of the sides. I don't know about the staff or any magic stuff since I haven't really played as a Mage. I'm more of a Knight guy myself. ;D

Anyways, more stuff with the sword. How to attack your enemy. Slash and kill with the sword by moving your sword up and down or any directional movement without anything or anybody. :scared:

To thrust your attack, move the wiimote back a little, aim at your enemy, and just thrust it to kill your enemy or make him unconscious. If you're thinking the wrong thing... well... I don't know what to say haha but of course it would use a bit more of fatigue. :rolleyes:

I also have a cool move that I don't think is in Oblivion. You simply knock your enemy down, and you thrust your sword into him like what I said in the above, which should instantly kill the enemy with no problem but by using that technique will use a lot of fatigue depending on your character.

Another one, where you sneak behind the enemy, you have your sword or dagger or you can just use your hands, and you grab hold of the enemy and you hold the Wiimote to you and pullback to slice his head off or choke him to death, either way works. Adopt the style from Might and Magic and Splinter Cell. ^^

But yeah, Oblivion should be on the Wii because it could be really fun, bringing the RPG experience to the Wii. I can't think of anymore but If I have anything else that I could think of, I'll edit this and add them. You can also post a idea if you have one and if its cool or awesome, I'll put it in here too. :rolleyes:

Best answers
Why OBLIVION won't be on the Wii

Central Processing Unit (CPU)
IBM Broadway 729MHz
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
ATI Hollywood 243MHz
Supported Resolution
Up to 480p
System Memory
88MB

I do see, however, how it'd be neat to actually play it with the wiichucks, or whatever they're called.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is made of win.

I don't think the Wii needs to be more awesome.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All we need is a game with mechanics like that and it'd be awesome, it doesn't have to specifically be Oblivion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can say I was using Oblivion as a example... o_o, but a RPG like Oblivion would really be cool on the Wii but I was thinking of more realism though.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I should point out that there were many, including myself, that did not believe Resident Evil 4 could be ported to the PS2, and we were all wrong.

Hardware optemization is a strange creature, and you may be able to get the game to run on the Wii, believe it or not.

Convincing the people who publish it that a port is warranted and has a market is another thing all together, and it's is the Wii's only obvious flaw. It has an image to burn before serious games are made for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why. the xbox controller can do everything. theres no need, or use, for the wii controllers tech stuff.

its not a game where you aim alot. i personally dont tihnk it would bring anything new to the game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, I aim a lot when I use my Fire Flare when I'm trying to regenerate Fatigue to use my sword again so probably on the Wii it'll be a lot easier, it's one of the skills that I use to one shot and run away from guards in the citys... for many obvious reasons... ^_^"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to go through the trouble of making an RPG with cool Wii controls, at least pick a good one. A game that rewards character progression would be the first criteria I would look for. It really kills the mood when, rather than becoming stronger and being able to tackle stronger opponents that were previously too powerful to fight, you become stronger only to fight beefed-up versions of what you were killing earlier.

/rant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that is kind of lame :/ but they get shinier weapons..?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd personally prefer Fable to make it to the Wii, but sadly, this isn't ever going to happen. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but Cuc the window of different between the PS3/360 and the Wii is so much larger than the previous gap between Gamecube and PS2. I mean your talking hundreds instead of thousands, as opposed to 96 instead of 120.

The Wii is never going to have a lot of these modern games because it just plain doesn't have the diesel for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom