Why go with Vista?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do they not have enough money?

I mean what the hell is wrong with them!? I know it's not obligatory to update but still, is just insane.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to go with Vista just because it will piss off people who hate Vista.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Your going with Vista will piss off people who don't like it....how?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll probably get an illegal copy of Vista just like I did with XP. I seriously have no idea how much money I've screwed microsoft out of. Oh well, Microsoft is used to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride had a good point (not that one ^) in the other thread, which is that by forcing people to upgrade to godly machines (to run Vista) and then forcing them to buy Vista (to be able to play future games with DX10), the software developers get a lot more freedom when making games, hopefully accelerating that markets evolution. After all, if the game only works with Vista, then the minimum requirements are going to be high anyway, so they can go with that extra 12,000 poly model or 16x AA/AF with HDR, just because anyone who can't run it won't be able to run Vista anyway, and therefore won't be buying the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They said they're going to miss the Christmas market, and more than half of it has to be re-written (and it was unfinished to begin with); i'd say this time next year.

EDIT: Who needs Vista when you can have the Vista desktop (Aero) on XP anyway for less memory, with all the widgets and gadgets?

http://www.download.com/DesktopX/3000-2340_4-10422614.html?tag=stardock
http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SkinID=3500&LibID=31

Having a desktop clock, calendar, organiser, custom-opacity windows and fading tabs is all well and good, but it can be done for less than 50mb of RAM on this =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom