Why do you play Assasin's creed?

Why do you play you know what? (I said what what, in the butt)

• Total voters
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well actually firstly I wanted to play because it had good recommendations. I can't play it though, my computer can't run it in decent frames, DAMN (Yes I tried playing on lowest quality)

And I read some stuff and I found out that it got some afterlife messages, apocalypse and religious conspiracies so now most of the part I want to play it because of the plot. I even though for a sec to buy a new computer, not in the next months though.

Man I love afterlife and ancient mystical stuff.

I'm sure most of you play it because its a good game, but I found out lately I play games mostly because games are sort of like an interactive movie. Yeah plot is the best.

So why do you play it?

This game is actually crazier then I though it even was supposed to be.

*in the poll up there surroundings means social, social pressure*

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing how the plot was about as thin as a hair, I play it for the gameplay. The free-running is well executed and the fight system, albeit a bit simple, is entertaining enough to make me feel like a complete badass.

Best answers
taking on armies of knights with sweet counters and such is badass..almost unending fun. I just wish they would've incorporated a better enviorment and such. Something like the original Morrowind's game play(because oblivion lacked a lot that Morrowind had) with Assasin's Creed's fighting system would've been an ace game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's fun running around.

And you get to kill Metal Gears!

Best answers
Think it only took me 2 days to get the full 1000 gamerscore in it so it is pretty short. Jumping from building to building was fun but gets annoying after awhile and the missions are all pretty much the same. The combat is way to simple u can just spam couter attacks, as said before the story is not very good, and your limited in exploring due to parts of citys being off-limits til later on the story. Every time ur on the world map your pretty much chased by a mob of knights (slowing down at guards is so annoying).

Yes I dont really like assassins creed, I stopped playing it as soon as I hit 1k and will never touch it again.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's fun running around.

And you get to kill Metal Gears!

That looks rather.....shopped. Is there a demo of this game on PC? I'd rather not shell out cash and find I can't run it for crap. (Core 2 duo 2.4 ghtz t7700, 256 meg Geforce 8600m GT (laptop version), 3 gigs ram)

Best answers
That looks rather.....shopped. Is there a demo of this game on PC? I'd rather not shell out cash and find I can't run it for crap. (Core 2 duo 2.4 ghtz t7700, 256 meg Geforce 8600m GT (laptop version), 3 gigs ram)
That pics from April Fools joke that Hideo Kojima setup with ubisoft.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlM4W4yco-Q&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlM4W4yco-Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and no there is no Assassin's Creed demo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Assassin's Creed, despite many people complaining about it being repetitive. I played it start to finish and didn't get bored at all. Loved it. One thing I hated though was how they chose to end it. They ended it in a way where the average person wouldn't know what the hell they were looking at. It took a team of people analyzing the ending to figure it out. They put it online luckily, but still, the boys at Montreal lost points with me for that ending. Everything else about the game was solid though. If you play the PC version, there are some additional side missions you can do that helps with repetitiveness.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved it too,
the graphics are great and I love the idea of freedom you get.

also in the end you even had a challenging fight or two which was nice too ( like 20 on 1 :'( )

I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it though, just wait till it hits the discount bin!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it though, just wait till it hits the discount bin!
Done. I've heard about it and was pondering whether to buy it or not. So am I right in thinking it's pretty repetitive?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's repetitive, but not so bad.
It's not even a bad game, but it's not special either.

Kinda hard to describe if you ask me, but I'll give it a go anyway

if a game can draw you in, it makes up for alot of flaws!
Assassins creed is one of those games, it's stuffed with so many bad design choices, it's leaking out of it pores
but I didn't despise it because assassins creed presents it's self so well.
if you go into it with the right mind set it will suck you in like a thousand dollar whore.
Thanks Zero Punctuation
so in the end it all comes down to the person who plays it

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll reiterate, I loved it. If you play it on PC, it's not as repetitive as on the 360. My only real problem with it was the ending.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
MMORPGs are repititive as well, and look I think almost 200 mil people play it, which some of them are paying decent amount of money MONTHLY to play it.

I do wanna know how much money blizzard makes from WoW in one month... and its not a bit

Best answers
Just a question: Is something supposed to happen if i collect every flag and kill every templar?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, I didn't do it. That's kind of a lot of work though. Check GameFAQs for an answer, assuming someone has done it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but what about the PC version? There'd have to be a reward of some kind, or the player would feel like a total douche when he killed them and didn't get anything. :/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a T7300, 512MB 8600M GT and 2 gigs of RAM. I can run the game on medium/high (no AA) @ 1440x900. And even possible at 1680x1050 albeit with some lagging. Just make sure you have the latest Beta drivers, and if you can, try overclocking your 8600, to squeeze even more power out it. The 256MB version is actually better than the 512MB version as long as you don't use high resolutions (1680x1050), it can score almost 400-ish points higher in 3dMark06.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played the first few levels and never got into it.
It would seem fun but I was playing the PC version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom