why do you like dragobaball z?

Discord Member
Best answers
I wrote it as the big one because its the most obvious one.

And no not everything with time travel leaves a plothole. The plothole here was left because of a forced continuation of the story, so it was just an oversight on Toriyamas part as he practically forced the story to continue. Even setting 17 and 18 aside, you still have Cell. The one android thats a bilogical creation. Besides even officially Babidi never though of encountering Goku and the others. His idea was for Yamu and Spopovich to pretty much gather the energy from who ever they came across. Going to the martial arts tournament was their idea seeing how he was surprised the brought him that much energy with no information on the location.

but u are acting as if all the events that happened in the Buu arc would happen if the androids were still alive and won. There would be no tournament for Babidi to want to go to. and cell in itself was too low for when babidi would've been looking towards earth.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
but u are acting as if all the events that happened in the Buu arc would happen if the androids were still alive and won. There would be no tournament for Babidi to want to go to. and cell in itself was too low for when babidi would've been looking towards earth.
Babidi had no idea about the tournament. He didnt tell Yamu and Spopovich to go to the tournament. He gavem the power scanner and that stabby power drain device and told them to go out and fill it up. Babidi himself was in no position to scan for strong powers outside his viewing range. Thats why he couldnt find Piccolo and the others after they went to Kamis Lookout. He would literally go round absorbing the energy of people like Cell does when he shows up.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
In terms of the american anime(my first exposure to dragon ball z)... Timing. Dragon Ball Z was the anime equivalent of Ocarina of Time. It was just timing. DBZ isn't the best anime, it doesn't have the most believable characters, or the most reasonable concepts. But being a young kid and just having that experience for the first time is a memory and a sensation I will never let go and never forget. It's easy to pick apart EVERYTHING after you've experienced it for the first time. But it's one of the things I've chosen to it's impression as close to the original as possible. Allowing myself to be absorbed into the fiction without judging it and comparing it to something I choose to do with as many experiences as possible. DBZ was a turn I wont forget, just because it dared to be exactly what it was, for better or worse.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
@hlev, I've watched the anime 1 or 2 times it's not that terrible compared to the manga, and it's coming from a guy who read the manga 30 times or so.

I agree with why Dragonball manga is decent but tbh each time a new villain is introduced he's always introduced as much stronger except for Cell's early stage going back to your post hlev.

What attracted me was pre dbz (pre Radditz/Saiyan saga) the rest was cool but not as good, although the Cell saga was pretty darn good too.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Aside from plotholes, look at the power logic.

Vegeta could destroy entire planets with his old ~15k PL
If frieza had 1 million without using his real form, it means ssj was something close to 3mil.
Then look at how easily the frieza is defeated by trunks. Yet goku had no trouble sparring him. Hard to analyse, but i'd give that... 5 mil. PL at least.

5000000/15000 =~ 333.

Dear scientist, have fun building a robot that would withstand that much more force than an ENTIRE FU**ING PLANET before collapsing.
Acually even more, judging by how easily androids knock Z-team around. (In their arc)

P.S. Universal spirit bomb should have destroyed all dem Kaio neighborhood. Lol. The only defensive arguement could be "It only hurts evil ones".
Well I would assume since goku pushed himself to the very limit to go super sayain, and given some additional training on Yardrat ? durring his recovery his powerlevel jumped up as all sayan's do. I am also sure that trunks hardly put real effort into his little spar with goku.

For the robot that scans powerlevels, well all forms of mass and energy take a while to to move through space, especially from planet to planet, or solar system to solar system. So the machine prolly didn't blow right away.

Finally by the end of the Buu arc I am sure given goku's genius in mastering his own ki, was able to condense and focus the impact radius of the spirit bombs explosion to where it didn't devastate the planet and merely annihilated Buu.

The only Russian ESF fan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You probably misunderstood me. I didn't mention ki-scanning robots or anything like that.
It's not even certain whether you agree with me or not.

My point was that powerlevels are poorly balanced. Android16, that was built like a normal robot, couldn't possibly compete with cell, that took his power from many ceatures who had much much more than enough power to destroy entire planets.
New characters just had to be stronger than previous ones, without any valid explanation.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
P.S. Universal spirit bomb should have destroyed all dem Kaio neighborhood. Lol. The only defensive arguement could be "It only hurts evil ones".
I think it was obvious that Goku aimed the Spirit Bomb at Buu and specifically at Buu, he intended not to hurt the planet.
You can see how the Spirit Bomb barely scratch the planet's surface as it goes directly outside of the planet right after crushing Buu.

The only Russian ESF fan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
It was already mentioned in my first post and that was just a tiny spin-off from my main point.

jp

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Answer to the original question: I used to like it, but it has been years ago since i've seen it. Honestly, imo it's not *that* good.

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I like it because no matter how many times I watch it(I'm 29 btw), I still enjoy the fight scenes, the characters, their voices to match them and still get goose bumps from hearing and seeing some of the more powerful transformations, SSJ3 goku and SSJ2 Gohan mainly. Those goose bumps feels like you are sensing the energy output.

So answer in short, Its still an Epic anime to me.

I do agree compared to the recent anime's its lacking. But again, DBZ is from the early 90s and on. So trying to compare it to anime's of recent years where things have "evolved" in concept, story, characters ect. Doesn't do it any justice really. Its a great anime for its time period. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom