Who...is he...? D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe nice man, though the poylcount =P....

nway i think the end of the hair in the back ends way to up, make it more down... or?

yeh no celshade ftw =P !!! J/k

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
I said I'll try heh XD can you play along please?
:smile: Thanks
ok i will play along ^^
I would just be dissapointed if ti wouldnt work out.

Anyway, i think the legs on the lower part are a little to thin.
Above the boots that part.
Maybe.

Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
I said I'll try heh XD can you play along please?
:smile: Thanks

Ohhh I misunderstood you =P heh yeah I'm probably going to do something about the hips and crotch, eventhough the deformation quite alright there. ^_^

Thanks man =] yeah I was thinking about making a Gohan too, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to cause of lack of time =s but who knows =D

Update - Finished the head...for now =P:

Like I said I think I'll redo the crotch/hips area...
Oh, and im going to add a few small thin spikes bursting out from his hair, would give a nice touch *points to ref above*

Ohh and about Cel-Shading, I might make a version of that after I skin it in the good ol' way =P heh

Oww! yes polycount is...1870

Keep it up man! You're doing a great job!:shocked: (SV>>All)

Can't wait to see it cel-shaded.:laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice stuff man, you caught that youth full look and proportions to head might be a tad to big (hair maybe?)
Looking ace man! Cant wait to see the skin you cook up!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks guys =D
Shady, the hair might look big from the side but from the front I followed a good ref which I've cutted from the movie so scalling it any smaller will be untrue to the ref =o

But I'll see how it goes, for now I'll try to sort the waist/hips thing and some more hair details, update probably tomorrow =]

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
d

I dont think I'll be able to release it for several reasons...even though I want to..
*hovers ominously overhead*

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah the face looks really bad from the side man, it's almost as if his head was tilted down in the ref and yet you tried to model it straight on....but neat model, something I haven't seen before....

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeth said:
*hovers ominously overhead*
=O M...Master...!!!

Eclipse said:
Yeah the face looks really bad from the side man, it's almost as if his head was tilted down in the ref and yet you tried to model it straight on....but neat model, something I haven't seen before....
Thanks Clipse =D
Well then, I have to do something with the side then...
I'll look for some refs and play around with the model but if you guys want to try and drawover it'll be great =]

Best answers
lol its good but he looks like he is 10 years old but on the episode pic he is more of 17-18

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

The kid isnt 17 I can assure you that =P...

He grew in the movie on after Gohan died...
before that he's a kid.

Best answers
nice work as usuall,SV.IMO he looks to chibi,he should look more like future trunks instead of looking like chibi trunks.And is it just the render or does he really have some bad shadows on the sides of his legs?the pants could use some more detail aswell,they look to boring right now.also,the boots look a bit wrong shaped if i look at the first ref you posted.you could fix it by letting the upper part of his boots flow into the lower part.I' love the head though.

Best answers
041leo041 said:
lol its good but he looks like he is 10 years old but on the episode pic he is more of 17-18
sry, but are you blind? when i saw the proportions i was like " wtf , so ! so damn accurate" btw show your front wiev ref if you can , couse the front is dead on accurate.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to disagree with some stuff you pointed out movento.
Check this ref out:

If you match it to my model you'll notice it's almost a perfect match proportion wise.
Yes, that version of trunks shouldnt look too young but it shouldnt look too adult either, basicly the size of the head does the trick, although I dont think I'll change it.

Dont mind these pictures btw, these are not renders but crappy milkshape screen captures.
I'll make a good looking render when I'm done with a few more things here.

I dont think I'll add more details to the pants for a few reasons:
-I want the skin to do most of the detail work.
-I dont want to waste anymore polies then I already have.
-I am lazy =P and if I'll waste my time on adding more details like that I'll probably lose interest =[

But I did fix the crotch/hips area =] redid it actually...hope it looks a little better.
Also added some more hair details.

Update:

1975 Polies...
Umm...still have to figure out the head from the side...dont know what to do with it yet.. =l

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the Front i like it alot.
But from the Side he maybe looks a little to thin.Only an inch ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The body in the side view looks great, except for the fact that he's standing stock stiff. It might be better if you gave his body the natural curve people have when they're standing like that, to give more of a feeling of weight.

The head from the side looks way too short because you don't have the hair pulling to the back far enough. At least I think that's what it is, since it looks perfect from the front view.

G/J ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you need to scale the head outward on the side view, purely because of the angle its been modeled at, its coming off really awkward.

other than that, solid work as usual sv =]

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BooYa!
Thanks for the crits ='D heh I did what I could on him.

Final version =P I'm sorry but I just have to finish him off! sorry if I missed any crits but I cant waste anymore time on him XD

Gonna UVMap him as soon as I can =] updates on the skin...soon...=O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks tasty, i wish i could skin or animate him haha =)

man its tight, have fun with the Uvwmap ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom