Which features are you looking forward to?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if his hands are making the kamehameha attack pose and you switch to charging a gen beam his hands wont reset to being next to his body and then make the charging gen beam anim. Instead they'll just move from wherever they are by your side in the kame pose when you change attacks to wherever they are supposed to be for the attack you choose... err.. right?

Best answers
I don't think that even without all this animation blending that's going on the animations automatically reset to 'Idle' anyway... I think it just means the animations look less jumpy, like one minute he's kamehameha-ing, the next he's swooping.

Best answers
Wonder how all that blending will affect FPS, however it is much better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm greedy, I want everything!

Best answers
PcJoe said:
Originally Posted by Cyfore
PCjizzle said that...
Dont EVER call me that again -_-
Bahahah! Pc Jizzle! XD

/rofl

I want it all to be honest, but the best part to me seems to be the new gameplay effects. I don't really care if its all red boxes fighting, I want better gameplay, and 1.2 seems to provide that, and alot of good graphical enhancements as well.

P.S -> Don't hurt me Joe :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why you put 'All of the Above', it ruins the part where people have to choose which feature they want most. We all want them all, but it's what we are looking forward to most... anyways, still like the poll. I voted all of the above, because I like everything. But if I were to choose... it'd have to be Advanced Melee :).

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I can't wait for the advanced melee, and the new swooping features. Oh, and new effects, yah that's it, new effects, gotta have new effects. :D
The interpolation feature is actually pretty good. Definitely the best way to smooth out all the models animations hehe. So cool! :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm... Actually the interpolation I explained above is built into half-life :) I had to modifiy it so it would also interpolate the lower body, along with interpolate from a smooth flying anim to a regular anim...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Meh, I tried to make it so people who didnt understand the terms would understand -_-
Lemme try again...
When the player switches to a new animation (walk to run, idle to charging kamehameha, strong melee kick to weak punch, etc), it saves the PREVIOUS frame/sequence in a seperate data structure (thing that stores information -_-).
So for example, lets say you're on frame 20 of the "Kamehameha" animation and then you switch to idle. It will obtain the skeleton data of the Kamehameha on frame 20.
At that time it spends about 0.2 seconds using spherical linear interpolation (SLERP, fancy way of blending stuff with l33t skillz) to smoothly blend the previous and current animation.

Is that any better?
suuuuuurrrrre why not? im just ... stupid. at first i really thought you were pulling my leg. trying to sound professional with big words. and you really were serious.... i understand it more than i did before but still not a whole lot but thanks...

Best answers
im looking to all above features to me i reckon every single thing is kewl :)
ii was thinking how handy double tap can come in imean if you are behind someone and ur a far distnace and just pushing w to times then swooping and he just relises ur comeing. lol he looks behinds and then teleports :D ull be confused and go wtf. then he comes in and swoops you and owns ya wid amelee teleport can be very handy too :D

Best answers
another thing im waiting for, is not being called a ****ing cheater again.
also, solar flare people and then melee the hell outta them. they cant see the arrows, they cant block it!
hihihi.....

Best answers
Or, instead of being confused, you could stop swooping and teleport yourself - then he swoops into the after image, only then realising that you aren't there. That's when you administer sweet, sweet justice. :fight:

I'm looking forward to melee the most, followed by the new teleport/after-image dealie. :)

Best answers
assaf said:
another thing im waiting for, is not being called a ****ing cheater again.
also, solar flare people and then melee the hell outta them. they can see the arrows, they can block it!
hihihi.....

........would that work ?? :O!!!!

*edit* wait .... did you mean "cant see the arrows?"

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right. Solar flare + melee means you can't see the arrows. It's great, but it wears off pretty quickly, not to mention how hard it is to hit someone with solar flare and how vulnarable it leaves you.

Best answers
I can't wait to confuse my friends with the after images + advance melee!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trying to play it well, and probably failing too despite all conceivable efforts, like I did in the previous versions.

Best answers
all i can say is that you guys will really have fun. i haven't really tried v1.2 out much yet since i have been setting up the tinklepit download mirror but i am already impressed with the level of professionalism and work that has gone into the ESF mod. one thing though is that i am kind of disappointed with the size of the beam explosions but overall i still like the update. :p

Best answers
im looking forward to the advanced meele and basicaly everything else

Best answers
im looking forward to a feature that you can transfer yourselve in to a anime world where you gain all powers like in dbz XD just like matrix yeah.i hope esf team can realize that in esf 9.0 or something XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom