Which Cellphone

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, It's that time again.
I need a new cell phone.
What's the problem you ask.. well I know jack**** about cell phones, the only thing I know is what the tv commercials and biased websites tell me.
So I turn to this community, hoping to get some advice

Currently I'm a bit torn between the Samsung D900 & the Nokia 6288

In my opinion the Samsung wins the whole looks contest ( which I find rather important ) but the Nokia 6288 wins in overall performance

Still I'm sure that their are more good "smartphones" out there so if you've got a recommendation, go right ahead!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony W850i > both.

samsung batteries suck, and i've never liked nokia.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you buy a nokia, you pay about 20-30% more just for their name. Like AxMan said, go with the Sony. If you don't like Sony go with the Samsung, but i wouldn't recommend a nokia, it's highly overrated.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you buy a nokia, you pay about 20-30% more just for their name. Like AxMan said, go with the Sony. If you don't like Sony go with the Samsung, but i wouldn't recommend a nokia, it's highly overrated.
The nokia is actually cheaper then the samsung

The sony is nice though, I'll certainly be taking a look at it!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine came with a 1gig memory stick, it's taken the place of the Creative Zen which i never use lol.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine came with a 1gig memory stick, it's taken the place of the Creative Zen which i never use lol.
found a good ( dutch ) website which allows me to compare all 3 models at the same time.

Seems that the sony has a few negative points ;_;
Crappy camera, plastic feel

but besides that decent phone!

Best answers
Ehm, a nokia 3210 or 3310.. You can phone and send SMS.. What more does one want from a phone?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehm, a nokia 3210 or 3310.. You can phone and send SMS.. What more does one want from a phone?
Style, useability, mp3 player, semi-decent camera for those random moments, mms for sending those moments ( or e-mail etc. )
web-browsing for work related stuff etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the D900 myself, and I love it. It has some real style, but if you eventually get it, it looks bigger than any screenshot you see. But it is the thinnest phone in the world, and it?s pretty light as well, so if you put it in your pocket, you will hardly notice it. Downside is, it will break easier.
I find the usability quite good, haven?t had any serious problems with it so far, battery time is a bit short though (Recharge once every 2 days or so)

It has a fairly decent MP3-player, you can make playlists of max 30 songs in each playlist, but you can't sort songs on name etc. But for playing music, it's pretty good.

The biggest problem in my opinion is the camera. Why? 1. Despite it's high resolution (3 mega pixels), photo's often look blurry (probably because you move the camera) 2. Time lag is a huge issue. If you press the photo button, it with take like 1,5 seconds before the photo is actually taken. The screen freezes, making you think the photo was taken, so you move the phone, but then you notice 2 seconds later that the photo is all blurred up because you moved it while it was still taking the photo.

Other than that, I seriously love the phone, my friends are jealous of me, and it looks beautiful, it has a huge ass beautiful looking screen, you would be able to watch movies on it fullscreen at amazing quality.Just too bad of the camera though.

Oh yeah, one more thing, for unknown reasons, you can only insert a max 1gb MicroSD card in the phone, it doesn't recognize 2gb.

So, summarize:

Style: 15/10
Usability: 9/10
MP3: 8/10
Camera: 6/10

Overall: I would give it an 8,5 because of the camera.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the D900 myself, and I love it. It has some real style, but if you eventually get it, it looks bigger than any screenshot you see. But it is the thinnest phone in the world, and it?s pretty light as well, so if you put it in your pocket, you will hardly notice it. Downside is, it will break easier.
I find the usability quite good, haven?t had any serious problems with it so far, battery time is a bit short though (Recharge once every 2 days or so)

It has a fairly decent MP3-player, you can make playlists of max 30 songs in each playlist, but you can't sort songs on name etc. But for playing music, it's pretty good.

The biggest problem in my opinion is the camera. Why? 1. Despite it's high resolution (3 mega pixels), photo's often look blurry (probably because you move the camera) 2. Time lag is a huge issue. If you press the photo button, it with take like 1,5 seconds before the photo is actually taken. The screen freezes, making you think the photo was taken, so you move the phone, but then you notice 2 seconds later that the photo is all blurred up because you moved it while it was still taking the photo.

Other than that, I seriously love the phone, my friends are jealous of me, and it looks beautiful, it has a huge ass beautiful looking screen, you would be able to watch movies on it fullscreen at amazing quality.Just too bad of the camera though.

Oh yeah, one more thing, for unknown reasons, you can only insert a max 1gb MicroSD card in the phone, it doesn't recognize 2gb.

So, summarize:

Style: 15/10
Usability: 9/10
MP3: 8/10
Camera: 6/10

Overall: I would give it an 8,5 because of the camera.

Yup that's exactly what all the reviews are saying too, crappy camera cause it doesn't have a autofocus and it's slow in processing.

The best thing about this phone is the style :D
( which I love, got a D500 now )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Samsung all the way, though I suggest you get D600. My friend has it and it rocks. Never heard of D900 tho, could be better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup that's exactly what all the reviews are saying too, crappy camera cause it doesn't have a autofocus and it's slow in processing.

The best thing about this phone is the style :D
( which I love, got a D500 now )
It does have autofocus, it's just slow in processing, and because of that time lag you move the phone more than you would do with a camera, and THAT's why the photo's get so motion blurred.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
prozac, see the pix thread for a pic taken (and made smaller) on an 850i. it's fine for the occasional random act, since it's just a phone.

go into a phone store and get a demo of it, it's so great to use!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get the razor, not only will you be uber popular because everyone else and their dog has one. But you'll be giving to the global fund thing and something about aids at the same time. It's a win win situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom