What's ESF openbeta?

Best answers
sorry for the stupid question im not a newb at esf just been outdated cuz i havent visited the site.. so can u guys fill me in here? what's esf open beta? is it esf 1.3 beta or somthn?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf 1.3 testing version not the final version you can play and test =x

Best answers
... hey so is this 1.3 test version a sign that esf 1.3 will come out soon? or is this released version of the unfinished 1.3 because of that 1 guy hacking and spreading the unfinished 1.3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF was planning to go to open beta for a while. A lot of other mods have been doing open betas like this and have had great results so it isn't too unusual for ESF to do the same.

Best answers
so it was just coincidence that esf team was gonna realise this b4 the hijack happen? cuz i was thinkin the openbeta 1.3 was the same version as the 1 that was hijacked..... anyway another question wud this work without 1.2? is this openbeta thing a full 1.3 without needing 1.2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry about the leaked release its a worse version that has a huge chance of containing viruses and other malware. It isn't important anymore and really doesn't need to be talked about.

The open beta is entirely independent of 1.2 you can have both or just one if you wish and they wont conflict.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it doesn't require 1.2.3. Keep in mind that it's incomplete and its main purpose is for testing and bug reporting. If you want to have a competitive match on a stable server, you're looking in the wrong place. This is basically our way of including the fanbase in our development, and at the same time, increasing the stability of our game by getting the fans to submit bug reports. We're also looking for (smaller) suggestions related to the current features, and how we can make it better.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, he's not in.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the assets are complete, yes. I'm not exactly sure how the progress is going with that since I'm not implementing it, but search around on the forums and see if you can find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom