What's a Good Name For a Lead-Hero?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the last 4 years of my life, I've been writing a LONG series that is essentially a spinoff of Ed, Edd n' Eddy and Dragonball Z. As of late, I've begun to realize, that outside myself, nobody can really appreciate it due to how narrow the target audience for it is. Thinking back, the premise seems utterly silly, though I tried my hardest against making it so.

My father always told me that what would impress him would be for me to create my own story, with an original world and original characters, and yet keep certain concepts of the series. Well, for the longest time I gave this little heed, too immersed in fandom and utterly absurd ideas. But now, I feel the urge to do so. A story has developed in my mind. There are several references to different things (I'm trying to keep my DBZ-side under control here), but the storyline and concept is essentially original. Looking at it, it feels something like an odd mix of DBZ, Kingdom Hearts, Matrix and various other things, but then again, how many such works AREN'T inspired or give reerence to other concepts?

Well, anyway, the plot is based around present time, on an island chain among the Solomon Islands where a society and race of people live hidden from the "normal" world. These people in the main, are refferred to as "Aborrants", and are mainly responsible for most supernatural things the human race has since disregarded (for instance, witches, ghosts). Their people are unique, mainly because of their abnormal ability to use the power of their bodies and hearts to command certain forces of nature, and to wield weapons whose form depends upon the person. I'm trying to create a name for them.

These weapons are a significant part of the story, as they can be almost anything, but the form of the weapon is not chosen by the weapon's master. Therefore, one person may have a sword, while another uses a bow or daggers. Because these weapons are formed by the heart, they can be summoned, concealed and controlled entirely, and cannot be lost or destroyed. Neither can anyone else truly wield them, or use them against the weapon's master.

They typically live very simple, very peaceful lives, but also have a responsibility do to another society. These others, call themselves "The Apocalytes" (pronounced a-poc-a-lights) and are no different from the other Aborrants save for the fact that they shun the powers of light and instead indulge their hearts into darkness, which twists their minds and controls them ultimately. The Apocalytes chosen name has a simple meaning: their ultimate objective is to whipe-out humanity, but their motives for this goal are not understood, and not one Apocalyte captured or killed by the Aborrants has divulged this. But it is apparent that they mean business.

Among the dark powers of the Apocalyte's is the ability to possess and control those with evil in their hearts completely. With this ability, they have actually manipulated several key leaders in several wars, including Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and even Fidel Castro, who nearly brought the world into nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Thankfully, the Aborrants thwarted this plot and freed Castro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's a basic plot, but the main character is a boy in his early teenage years, the son of a gifted and respected Aborrant warrior who seemed to have little talent with his powers, which were normally fully tapped at the age of 13, and beside had yet to even form his Heart's Weapon (should I call them that?) yet.

He has a few friends who will prove to be essential comrads later in the story, and some to even become his fiercest enemies.I'm trying to think of a name for him, something original, yet fitting. My original thought was something like "Cayd", but I want to make it mean something if I can. Any suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about 'Rivet'?

Might imply something like 'rivet gun' - tough as nails.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Rivet's actually pretty darn good, IMO.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:3 Thanks.

I don't really know how I came up with it. It just.. popped up. x3

I thought it was pretty clever.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DraX
Zeonix
Agamemnon

Type in a name you like, and it'll probably have a meaning:

http://www.behindthename.com/
Agamemnon is not only the coolest name on your green earth, but it's wicked fun to say!

And as for a name: Phoenix should do just fine.

PHOENIX
Gender: Feminine(bull****ing**** it's the most masculine name on earth) & Masculine

Usage: Mythology, English

Pronounced: FEE-niks [key]

Derived from Greek φοινιξ (phoinix) meaning "dark red". In Egyptian and Greek mythology the phoenix was a beautiful immortal bird. After living for several centuries in the Arabian desert, it would be consumed by fire and rise from its own ashes. This cycle was repeated every 500 years.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ponk

Nothing surpasses the almighty Ponk!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agamemnon is not only the coolest name on your green earth, but it's wicked fun to say!

And as for a name: Phoenix should do just fine.

PHOENIX
Gender: Feminine(bull****ing**** it's the most masculine name on earth) & Masculine

Usage: Mythology, English

Pronounced: FEE-niks [key]

Derived from Greek φοινιξ (phoinix) meaning "dark red". In Egyptian and Greek mythology the phoenix was a beautiful immortal bird. After living for several centuries in the Arabian desert, it would be consumed by fire and rise from its own ashes. This cycle was repeated every 500 years.
Phoenix had some major emo problems in X-Men, so be sure to make your character emotionally stable.

Adrastos is a good name.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phoenix is kind of clich? if you ask me though. x:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phoenix is on par with Zero, in my opinion so stay away from both.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rivet? I think that'd be good for someone who's good with tools/technology. I'm not really looking for some uber-charismatic hero type name, just a name that has a subtle power to it, but also suits the fact that this character is still only a kid. Something that you could actually see somebody naming someone in an alternate society. Something Japanese would probably work really well come to think of it, as long as it's not too cultural or too difficult to pronounce.

I'm glad you guys are taking interest tho =)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hidekinamuratatsuyamaryugama-san

I don't know how a Japanese name fits with your theme.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Name him Google.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Akiko,Atsuko,Hachiro,Izumi,Takashi...

i didn't come up with any else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom