• Total voters
ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
they are nice. nothing less and nothing more. they could be better but if you ever tryed to do a big terrain map with low r_speeds you'll know how hard it it.

thats a fact, end of story.

this poll is pointless though

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So it does not look like one of the places where bolly fought. It's still a good map. If you want some thing different, then create something yourself. And it's Optional, not optinal.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
pretty cheap, even for an esf map.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow...people dont appreciate anything. Just be happy you're getting a broly pack.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I voted for I'm blind, I'm too lazy to look at it. Optional doesn't really impress me with his maps. Yet it's better then what I could do, so i really shouldn't talk **** about it. I also haven't seen much of it. But from what i have seen, it doesn't look like it will be something out of the ordinary. then again its HL what can you expect.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
pretty cheap, even for an esf map.
You saying that ESF maps are cheap?

And I voted for "Nice". It's not a bad map, and I think it will be fun to play on. It doesn't have to look the best, as long as it's fun.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The map is also looking pretty big. This means more room to fight in which is a big plus (for me anyway).

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what everyones talking about. Optys maps pwn and this brolly map is no exception.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
I don't know what everyones talking about. Optys maps pwn and this brolly map is no exception.

Meh, The only map i really liked that optional made was that moutain one, where it was all foggy and stuff.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Meh, The only map i really liked that optional made was that moutain one, where it was all foggy and stuff.

Haha, I think that's hillarious because I consider TM_Mountain to be one of my worst. :p

On another note, I think this is a really pointless topic and should be locked. If you don't like my map, tell me why at least. Just calling things "crap" from just a few WIP screenshots isn't very smart - you haven't even played it. I've already changed a lot to ESF_Brolli just today, as well.

You make fun of my maps and yet fail to notice the previous maps posted in this section (no offense). I, personally, think ESF_Brolli is a pretty good map considering my previous.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
Haha, I think that's hillarious because I consider TM_Mountain to be one of my worst. :p

On another note, I think this is a really pointless topic. If you don't like my map, tell me why at least. Just calling things "crap" from just a few WIP screenshots isn't very smart. I've already changed a lot to ESF_Brolli just today.

Really? I thought it was your best. It was fun to fight on. It was just cool.

Well, like i said from what i've seen i don't like it. But that's because it's a WIP. It's a few brushes which will be replaced. Actually now that I think about it, what you showed us was basically an outline. So no one can really crit. Just, don't make it look like any of DJ-Ready's. Although he is a good mapper (and he is) They are all the same. And that's just boring.

It should stand out, like yeah... I don't know how to explain it. Just make it Brolly-ish. I've only seen one brolly movie.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, from what I've seen so far of ESF_Brolli, I'd say it's going to be a very fun map to play on. It doesn't look half bad either. I'm excited just from looking at the WIP screens.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Really? I thought it was your best. It was fun to fight on. It was just cool.

Well, like i said from what i've seen i don't like it. But that's because it's a WIP. It's a few brushes which will be replaced. Actually now that I think about it, what you showed us was basically an outline. So no one can really crit. Just, don't make it look like any of DJ-Ready's. Although he is a good mapper (and he is) They are all the same. And that's just boring.

It should stand out, like yeah... I don't know how to explain it. Just make it Brolly-ish. I've only seen one brolly movie.

You say TM_Mountain is best probably because of the fun you had playing it. I've played on TM_Mountain twice - once to test, and the second with a friend. Plus, I usually rate my maps on how good they look. Mountain had rather crappy texturing and awfully made/put together terrain. My favorite in terms of visually pleasing is SnS_NorthHighway (available on ESF-World). I love the crazy terrain and slopes even if it was a bit of a heavy load on my computer. My most fun map to me would be SnS_Invisible. It was never on ESF-World - just my host. It was basically a mixture of invisible blocks, 'winds' that push you very fast across the map, and randomly flying metal sheets. Sounds very wierd - it is (and put together quite cheaply), but I had an absolute blast playing it with some friends.

DJ's maps are made using a special technique that makes all the textures flow together perfectly. I've done that before, but I don't like to use it. It limits how you can make your terrain and takes away several terrain styles I like to use when I map, which takes the fun out of mapping for me and makes the map take ages to complete. That technique can make maps seem very similar, but I got to hand it to DJ - they look pretty nice.

Best answers
SpiritOfLegends, like optional said, you just joined the club and you allready are tearing things appart. I think you should start a map, and let us judge it in a fair way. This poll is not fair, and I think you should respect the other mappers here. They aren't all superb mappers, but they have fun making the maps, just like me. I can't build something like optional does, because I don't have the patience to do it, that's why I respect him for doing it.

Just stick around a little longer and watch the progress of optionals map. Then judge it after IT IS DONE!

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Just, don't make it look like any of DJ-Ready's. Although he is a good mapper (and he is) They are all the same. And that's just boring.
for example, esf_gero and nameks_revival uses different methods of texturing. nameks_revival use this seamless technique while gero uses a hybrid of seamless texturing and "common" texturing for the cliffs.
also, i do my maps in the same style (the upcomming ones like esf_arrival) in the same style with intention.
but im always willed to acceppt suggestions how to make them better so feel free to contact me :p
noone is forced to play on my maps though :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
o, i've to give an reason wy i dont like it.
it's becours there is no chalange in it, no houses where you can get in to, no cave that go's to an other part of the level.
could be an idea to put an cave in it.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
o, i've to give an reason wy i dont like it.
it's becours there is no chalange in it, no houses where you can get in to, no cave that go's to an other part of the level.
could be an idea to put an cave in it.

No challenge in it? You should download Hammer and give it a try. I'd like to see how 'challenging' you can make it.

For most, terrain is extremely boring to make and hard to make it look good. There is a challenge - you just don't see it.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
uhmm, i make map's for about 6 months now so i realy know what i'm talking about.
i mean that it's just an clean arena without anything special in it, even i could make this.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
for example, esf_gero and nameks_revival uses different methods of texturing. nameks_revival use this seamless technique while gero uses a hybrid of seamless texturing and "common" texturing for the cliffs.
also, i do my maps in the same style (the upcomming ones like esf_arrival) in the same style with intention.
but im always willed to acceppt suggestions how to make them better so feel free to contact me :p
noone is forced to play on my maps though :laff:

I'm not dissing you, not in the least bit. You're an awsome mapper (duh you're on the team ;) ) But Like, one, esf_gero esf_nameks_revival maps like that, wayyyy too bright >.< Like If you look up at a character you can't see a damn thing what they are going to do, or are doing. Also map wise, such as texture and cliffs, they are a lot similar. And esf_gero, even though it is called that there is nothing there that has anything to do with dr. gero other then that little thing you can go near (not in) But that doesn't count because yeah, it's too tiny. Also gero's lair was in a bunch of cliffs like umm sorta like inside the grand canyon. Except smaller, thinner, and more cliffs. hard to explain =P

ESF_ToM if i do believe you didn't make that map right? Well anywho. That map, something is wrong with it. One there are all those invisible walls, 2 if you look up my fps drop to 30. (i get 100 fps constant) Cell games (both) I have no complaints with :D

They are in general real good maps, they are just a lot alike, monotonous (sp?) If you will.

I dunno, do the maps have to be dbz related, cuz there are a lot of maps that are cool, that have nothing to do with esf.

PS- My favorite map of all time esf_cellday_night :D (1.0 and 1.1 map i believe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom