What was/is your first job?

Best answers
My first proper job (and also my current job) is waiting in a local bar/restaurant called the Ponda Rosa just down the street from me, It's pretty good, I'm the only male waiting staff there (gotta love that), plus the tips are awesome. Can't really think of many other jobs that give extra money regularly. We're allowed drinks from the bar durin our shifts (alcoholic ones after the night shift), which is.. nice. Pay is pretty good too; £5.00 an hour, that's roughly $9.00. So being 16 I can't really complain. I love workin there, it's awesome, good fun and you get to eat deserts :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first job, was working at a tree grow- and nurse company. I paid real bad. like $3.00, but hey, i was like 14 years old. It was good enough for me.

Best answers
So what did you actually have to do? Like water and re-pot plants all day?

Best answers
I first job was at a local sonic fast food drive through, I made roughly around $7.45 an hour and plus tips, you got to love that with pullin your normal pay check and then all those tips. Each day I was pullin bout 50 in tips alone

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first job was in a grocery store meat department.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my first job was at Ci' Ci's Pizza stacking pizza's on the "buffet"/clean tables and part-time cash-register.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first job thing was a Paper-Round on weekend mornings which gave me £10.50 a week, which wasn't bad.
I've just handed a Focus application form in today though, so i might be getting a "proper" job soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i used to work on tickets at rock city, good pay, ($10 an hour) free larger, drunks losing money for me, usually £10 notes, and of course, late nights (8-1am 3 days a week) \o/

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
My first job was in a grocery store meat department.
Same with me, I just started mine (First, real "Job", and I'm 18, what can I say, I'm lazy and need no money), The hours are great for College (2 nights a week, 3 at the most), so its all good.

Best answers
At the Ponda Rosa I usually work 11am-3/4pm, then 6pm-12am for a full day. Mostly it's just 11-3 on Saturdays cos right now I'm juggling two jobs, the newer one is reception at a solicitors office, gettin £5.00 an hour ($9.00 USD) from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday for two weeks. Then back to the normal waitin job on saturdays.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My First job where i Learned ? (dunno if you say that in US)
Was Painater and a Lacquer <-- (dunno if its right word either)

That was 3 bad years for me. My Boss hatet me because i didnt wanna work all the time , but i still liked it somehow 0_o.
Was bad Paid at the First year.
First Year : 350 Euro a Month
Second Year : 475 Euro a Month
Third Year : 550 Euro a Month

Then i got thru several other Jobs. ( I quess we need a other Therad for that :tired: ) all better Paid ,lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I only got my first real job a month back, and im 21 (long story, best not asking)
I work in "store services" in a marks and spencers.

Best answers
my first job was kwick fit left because it sucked now working in managment at tescos and i am only 18

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was a caddy. And let me tell you, unless you start in like, 6th grade, or loooove golf, that job totally sucks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first job was in a factory which makes plastic bottles, and it sucked :p
Low pay and hard work do not make orion happy.
I was practically the only person there who could be bothered to work, and seeing as everyone else was so lazy I ended up doing their jobs too :/

My current job is in a supermarket, I love that as the people are awesome, and apparantly i'm really good at everything I do there, so its all good :p
Pay is better too, plus I can work as much as I like, so I am currently earning megabucks :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I worked with my cousin, renovating hotels. Taking out the old furniture and putting in new stuff. We cleared 4 or 5 floors a day. It was hard and tedious work... but we got it done. The 8 dollars an hour kept me from complaining too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom