WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???

Best answers
yeah yeah i know my esfis having a little problems but i think that hte problems is that when i enter in the ESF it creates a file and it resets
like this:

and i first notted this when i uninstalled in the C: and installed in the D:
and if i delete the file it takes a while to resets in the game
in the C: was like this before i deleted the files.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O This is one for Harsens... never seen anything like this before, ESF shouldn't be creating files outside the HL or ESF directory.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use to get that all the time from playing firearms but never from esf, must be some really wierd hl thing. I have no clue what it is but I just delete it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap :shocked: that's the strangest s*** I've ever seen O_O

Could it be a virus maybe?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
what happens if you open one of these files with a text editor like notepad, do you get normal text ?? maybe it are debug files, but harsens is forget to remove the code to create them

Best answers
GODDAMN D***...THAT MAYBE IS...BUGBEAR 2...OR KLEZ 32...ORRR MY KICKING FROM THE FORUMS.Just kiding,the same thing happens to my friend,he just formated the disk,reinstalled everything,including esf and hl,and then was normal.

The ruler of planet...hmm,don't know...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hmm weird i've got 2 of those files to...
When you open them with wordpad you see some half-life stuff and a bunch of weird things :p. Well guess their only created sometimes on some events by half-life...

Best answers
Try to reinstall esf,or...wait a sec,are jou checked the liblist.gam,there should be 1 LINE more,than the others.

Best answers
HOLY CRAP! I just now notic that i have this problem 2. But i think, yeah. For some reason, it stopped at 69 and no more are being created...do i delete the 0KB ones? Because frankly, its not a waste of space, its just that i think it may become a hazard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i got a lot of them on my harddrive but they started to come before i was playing esf.
They were there when i played CS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL! You guys crack me up, those are files admin mod and amx mod make. They are for passwords and used to be used to hacking admin mod admin passwords, they are harmless. I delete them from time to time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
LOL o well I almost never use metamod and such

Best answers
well, i'm trying to format my computer but my brother doesn't want because we don't have the UO: T2A CD to install it again in the computer so i am searching who might have the CD but nothing yet. I think that the best solution is to format de hd, right?

Best answers
and about my liblist.gam it's like this:
version "Beta 1.1"
size "160000000"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
gamedll "dlls\esf_bot.dll"

is it right?

Best answers
Half life engine regardless of the mod just adds those