WHAT IN THE HELL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Put it into the folder of the model you want to replace:

C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\*Your Email Address*\Half-Life\esf\models\player\*character you're replacing*

aaronlilla

A
oops i forgot to tell that to you... my bad =/
yea so on the server how do i get people to download it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you mean their models get replaced with the ones you're using;

You replace your Goku with Bardock, everyone who comes to your server automatically gets their Goku model replaced with Bardock?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think thats possible, and if it was, people wouldnt like you overwriting their files =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I thought, although Mr. Satan's server overwrote your cvar's, I don't think it's possibles for models, sprites and sounds.

aaronlilla

A
sorta like that. i do want people on my server to have the different models even if it means overrighting the ones on em now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can have a amx plugin redirect which files to load, thats the only way possible, its a pretty simple plugin.

aaronlilla

A
really? where can i get this kind of plugin because i do have AMX on my server. I would really appreciate it

aaronlilla

A
well doesnt that mean i would have to make all new files with new names... or would i have to direct to each file in the folders?

-- Does this mean i have to freaking learn how to script... cuz i dont know how. where can i find out how to make one... is it hard?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know what you wanna do and all and i can understand, but the thing is, you will be overwritting other peoples files, people wont like it, if i joined a server and it replaced my models that took me quite a while to go and browse and aquire then i'd be pissed off, most other people would feel the same =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
i know what you wanna do and all and i can understand, but the thing is, you will be overwritting other peoples files, people wont like it, if i joined a server and it replaced my models that took me quite a while to go and browse and aquire then i'd be pissed off, most other people would feel the same =\
The plugin I was talking about what it does is in the server it loads a Different file such as lets say he wanted to have goku be replaced with bardock in his server..

well all his server would do is have the players download the model in models/player/bardock

and when selecting goku instead of loading models/player/goku, the plugin tells it to load models/player/bardock. It can work the same with sprites and sounds.

Though i havent seen a plugin like this yet, it can be made. As a matter of fact the plugin thats in my server will have something like this for mainly sounds.

aaronlilla

A
thats not really much help =/ because i do not know how to make one...
uhh where do i learn. How did you learn?

i went the a thing on the amx website and that was like jibberish... so does anyone know where i can find a good site that explains it in english?

aaronlilla

A
plus i only want to replace the existing models...
like i would replace goku with another model of goku
so does that make a difference...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aaronlilla said:
plus i only want to replace the existing models...
like i would replace goku with another model of goku
so does that make a difference...?
its not possible to do that, since in order to replace the model you have to name it the same as in, changing bardock name to goku.mdl, the server looks to see if the user has a goku.mdl file, and if it does doesnt make them download it.

And for the LOVE OF GOD! stop double posting. Use the "edit" button.

aaronlilla

A
ahh isnt there an easy way to do this?
PLEASE FREAKING TELL ME WHERE I CAN LEARN TO MAKE PLUGINS

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why do you want to replace peoples models O.O if you are using bardock all gokus in your server are bardocks but only you see them as bardocks the other players see them as the model they have

Besides what you want to do would make your server very empty as soon as people find out what you did to there models ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why cant you just play with bardock andl et everyone lese have their own models that they want o sometthing, unless your server has a theme.

There's not really a button that automaitcally overwrites someone's models/sprites. And learning how to make a plugin would help in the long run, but its not like you would know how to do it it in a day or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom