What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What happened to the moderators/admins actually moderating the political threads? I'm not saying they're not, but I have no idea why, but they seem to be letting these threads slide. The moderators should stop letting it slide, because it's getting annoying, and let alone, I'm quite sure it's on the AUP.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was that spam? Welcome back to what?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The forums. I assume you've been away for quite a long time.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My last post was on the 13th =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's been here for a good while now.

Maybe he should welcome you back. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever joke you are putting up, point lost.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What happened to the moderators/admins actually moderating the political threads? I'm not saying they're not, but I have no idea why, but they seem to be letting these threads slide. The moderators should stop letting it slide, because it's getting annoying, and let alone, I'm quite sure it's on the AUP.
In what way are political threads annoying you?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is the short version. People thought the political and religion threads rules were a bad idea. So there was quite a stir with the mods. Eventually there was an agreement made that if we had a few political threads that didnt go flamewar the mods would look away at closing threads that are political or religious unless tehy openly screamed flaming.

With that agreement we got allowed political threads as long as we stay civil in them and not start posts that are against the other AUP rules.

So basically as long as most people dont start insulting each other and stuff political threads are OK.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen any serious conflicts in said threads.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen any serious conflicts in said threads.
Far in the past. Political and religion threads were known to cause a lot of flaming. thats why they were forbidden. But within a few years this comunity grew older and more mature. So we had a couple of successes. After that the story from my previous post happened ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you just have too look a little closer. quite a few threads have ended up in a civil flame war against one person. which begs the question, whats worse? outright calling a person a ****-head, or just slowly destroying their self respect and beliefs.

political threads would be fine if they were really being debated. atm the religious, political, and conspirital threads have basically been an example of the "smart-guys" flamewar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most arguments are based on, "I think I'm more intelligent than you, and even if I'm wrong I will still argue pointlessly to make myself look good".

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they probably used too be, but not now. most of them are just aimed at making jinx look as stupid as possible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alas, Jinx always being the creator of these type of threads.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are trying not to truancate free speech when the forum populace is so small. Please bear with us as we slacken the rules some to allow growth of the community to resume.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see. This thread may be closed now =)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact you put this in "Suggestions" is completely awesome. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread