What guitar pedal is this? (Paul Gilbert song)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In lieu of Cucumba's thread, I might as well ask this question, seeing as there's some avid guitar players on the forum.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqEx-OLo824&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqEx-OLo824&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What I want to know is from

0:00-0:27
1:32-2:05

I've been trying to find it but I can't :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have his exact pedal board somewhere on my laptop. I dont think hes using it for that song, but he uses a modified flanger/phaser pedal that operates like a WAH foot pedal to control the depth of the effect, plus it has knobs on it like a standard pedal as well.

Thats how he gets those weird dive sounds.

Are you looking for tab? for those parts or just the effects? He might have a slight delay on the 1:39 tapping part but the other computer only loaded half the video so I didnt get to watch it all.

You can find half descent tab for older paul stuff, but nothing off of the Silence album youl find tabbed is worth a crap.

I have some scans out of a japanese magazine and I can tell you the correct chords for Norwegian Cowbell, but thats about it.

I have a descent collection of racer x tab though. Theres some fair tab for Get out of my yard as well, but you have to have a godo PG understanding to figure it out. But alot of the stuff off of get out of my yard is pretty pentatonic so if you can get the chords from the songs and the tab you find has the key riffs right you can probobly figure it out.

Tell me if your interested in anything particular and I'll try to help you out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have his exact pedal board somewhere on my laptop. I dont think hes using it for that song, but he uses a modified flanger/phaser pedal that operates like a WAH foot pedal to control the depth of the effect, plus it has knobs on it like a standard pedal as well.

Thats how he gets those weird dive sounds.

Are you looking for tab? for those parts or just the effects? He might have a slight delay on the 1:39 tapping part but the other computer only loaded half the video so I didnt get to watch it all.

You can find half descent tab for older paul stuff, but nothing off of the Silence album youl find tabbed is worth a crap.

I have some scans out of a japanese magazine and I can tell you the correct chords for Norwegian Cowbell, but thats about it.

I have a descent collection of racer x tab though. Theres some fair tab for Get out of my yard as well, but you have to have a godo PG understanding to figure it out. But alot of the stuff off of get out of my yard is pretty pentatonic so if you can get the chords from the songs and the tab you find has the key riffs right you can probobly figure it out.

Tell me if your interested in anything particular and I'll try to help you out.
I'd actually be very interested in Paul Gilbert tabs, mostly from the Get Out Of My Yard + Silence Followed By a Deafening Roar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont even have all the songs off of the newest album, but I havent looked at any torrents.

I guess hes working a new album as well. I'll try to wip some stuff up in a zip file and send it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom