What Does it Take to be a Forum Administrator/Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
kama, you're fired for tripple posting.

ps. making friends with the moderator team is all good. but don't just add us randomly to msn, that makes us cranky.
*me goes adding you*

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know. Admins can only "validate" the accounts, moderators can't.
Much to my Chagrin since I think I'm the only person here who actually performs this function ;P

I think it requires a history of loyalty, and a widely accepted view of integrity.
Yes, loyalty good.

kama, you're fired for tripple posting.

ps. making friends with the moderator team is all good. but don't just add us randomly to msn, that makes us cranky.
Which is why I have my AIM set so only ppl on my list can contact me. Makes me wonder why I leave it in my profile. Wonder if anyone's ever tried to contact me and gotten nothing but silence back? Ah well, they prolly just think I'm some badass stoic mofo or something.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Kama is so smart.
KarrdeKNR said:
Which is why I have my AIM set so only ppl on my list can contact me. Makes me wonder why I leave it in my profile. Wonder if anyone's ever tried to contact me and gotten nothing but silence back? Ah well, they prolly just think I'm some badass stoic mofo or something.
I think it just says you're not available. *Checks* Yep. Go add me, you bastage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reading these posts, I'm now wondering why the hell I haven't been approached yet. >_<

:p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, I don't think it hurts to hang out in #esf on IRC either... where most of us Admins/Mods chill at.

But, don't expect to join the channel and be handed an application at the front door.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, i was :p

oh, and as synth has just recently found out. being an S-mod, means you have to wear S-pants...

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can give you the number one way to obtain any moderation status here and that is to be my personal butler/personal assistant. Yes if you do this well and some good ol ass kissing on the side you could very well be on the road to being a moderator.

As my butler/personal assistant you will have many things to do because I am a very busy guy and can't do a lot of things myself. Right now I have Synth doing my morning and afternoon duties so heres what you can do.

1. Send me pm's everyday in which you praise and ass kiss to me and I want at least 2 paragraphs not just one sentence with "omg you rawk my s0x of d00d"

2. Bad mouth anyone who talks bad about me and this means if you need to flame back to protect me then as in the words of Johnny Storm "FLAME ON" but only to protect me and worship thats the only flaming that will be tolerated.

3. Anymore duties I think of that might come by at a later time.

Following these 3 steps will lead to an awesome position on the forum staff I can guarantee that to you. The key thing is to have a good sense of humor if you don't have that then you will never be on staff. ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause we don't know you exist.
Ooooh I get it

So if you know we exist and what us in the staff, BUT if we don't know YOU exist...Auto-admin yesh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys have it all wrong.

To be a mod or an admin you needs guts! Heroics! Cunning wit! The ability to win against insurmountable odds!

Something like...

But in general its called being civil and not making underhanded slings at people when you disagree with them. Time + Experience + Civility = Moderation

Retired
Best answers
good way is not to ask questions such as this thread and gain a good rep on the forums and be patient

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom