What do you do on Christmas Eve-Day/Eve.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the past two years, what my family has done is seen LOTR: The Two Towers and Return of the <s>Jedi</s> King. We go sometime mid afternoon 4ish, and the theatre is extremely empty and we can get awesome seats for an awesome movie. Then, we end up at home sometime in the evening, and we usually have a finger food dinner (sausage rolls, chinese hors douvres, veggies and dip, chips etc...) while watching a Christmas movie. I'm banking on National Lampoons this year, but we always end up watching some sappy movie like It's a Wonderful Life or White Christmas where I'll end up on my computer 10 minutes in.

With no new LOTR's, don't know what we'll do this year. I'm sure the late dinner and a movie will stay the same since we've been doing that for as long as I can remember.
So what do you guys do?

Best answers
we go visit relatives and stuff, then go to dinner at a relatives house then get home some odd hours later lol but we open presents at 4-6 AM lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
national lampoons = pwnage

mmm well, since i was 14 ive cooked x-mas dinner. so ill be doing that again this year.. ill be giving presents to my family while they ***** at me that its not what they wanted, even tho its expensive and can be put to practical use. and then, to top it off, one sister wont give me anything for x-mas except bad mouth and attitude if im lucky.

hence why i dont like x-mas.

i do, however, have someone i will be holding close this year tho :)

Best answers
we go to church on christmas eve, then open presents at my parents house, when that's done we normally have lunch thanksgiving style at my grandparents, but this year i think my mom is going to cook and we're staying home...that makes me much happier

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
we end up at home sometime in the evening, and we usually have a finger food dinner (sausage rolls, chinese hors douvres, veggies and dip, chips etc...)
Heheheh, we did that once... Although, I didn't enjoy a lot of the food... I'm a picky eater, so, it was kinda fun... But, NO TURKEY/CHICKEN DINNER? :O

I guess that's not so unusual, we just commonly have turkey or chicken... Hopefully this year, we'll have chicken... Turkey gives my dad gas, and that's scary...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Heheheh, we did that once... Although, I didn't enjoy a lot of the food... I'm a picky eater, so, it was kinda fun... But, NO TURKEY/CHICKEN DINNER? :O

I guess that's not so unusual, we just commonly have turkey or chicken... Hopefully this year, we'll have chicken... Turkey gives my dad gas, and that's scary...
We have our Turkey dinner on Christmas Day =)

Best answers
Oh wait... You said Eve? Woops! Haha, I thought you meant like, December 25th...

Woops!

Best answers
Christmas Eve is my Grandfather's Birthday, so yearly, my entire mother's side of the family gets together, and we go out for pizza with everyone. Then we go back to his house, and he hands out his gifts to all his grandkids.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Oh wait... You said Eve? Woops! Haha, I thought you meant like, December 25th...

Woops!
Well, I said Eve-Day/Eve, which was like the during the day of Christmas Eve (hence Eve-Day) going into Christmas Eve, it could have easily been confused. =P

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Work in the local bar, as a bartender.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't do much during xmas eve day, we just lay around the house and wait till evening comes. Then we go to my grandmas house where all of our family members are and we eat a big turkey dinner or something similar and hang out there and visit. Afterwards we go home usually around 10-11, where we end the day by opening one present each and watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, my family on my dad's side gets together (of course, with my immediate family involved), and we celebrate in traditional Ukrainian style - a 12-dish meal, representing the 12 apostles. Afterwards, we proceed to engage in idle chat, watching some Christmas programming, and then we open gifts. After enjoying that, Church time rolls around...at least for some of us. The Church we attend has an early, 8 PM Liturgy meant for the kids, so some of my family goes there. My immediate family and the rest of my extended family goes to the Midnight Mass, and after that, my parents, my brother, and myself all return home to open gifts there, then we call it a night (well, a morning, really, as it's 2 AM on the 25th), and that's that for Christmas Eve festivities.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres only one way to celibrate a holiday.....

LAN PARTY!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stay with my family, eat until it's 12 midnight, open presents then go to sleep

Best answers
Family party, followed by european weiners for dinner then midnight service, then 3 am wake up to scope out the presents :p.

Best answers
I have work on the eve and the day, at night only though. Nothing really happens on the eve with our famlies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom