What a fantastic mod!^^

Best answers
Hello to all Z-fighters out there!^^
This is not what I usually do, but this time I just have to say that this mod is very very cool! A few days ago we finally got broadband internet instead of the old modem-thing. While searching for anything worth downloading, I found a HL-Portal website and there was a POTD with Son Goku throwing Buu around... although I didn't trust my eyes first, there really was a mod with the DragonballZ feeling! After downloading and starting the game, I nearly fell of my chair (this happened last time when I saw Oblivion for the first time^^)! Especially since I was looking DBZ on TV for several weeks, I was really overwhelmed! :shocked:
Since then I have been playing ESF all day now (with bots) because it's so cool and all the characters with their own weapons are there!

Before you fall asleep I just want to wish the ESF-team luck with version 1.3 (and higher^^) and hope they don't loose interest with this (I know this problem because I am a modder on my own - I'm part of a team working on a "Gothic"-Mod).
So keep it alive - I probably will :D

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw, I'm sure the team appreciates your compliments.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Smith| said:
Indeed we do :)
I like threads like this, encourages me to continue :)

Gothic rocks btw :D
the game .. that is

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I appreciate threads such as this as well. Though I'm not apart of the team. It's always nice to see complimenting threads.

Smith| said:
I'm sure the team appreciates you <3 ;)

Best answers
Hell yeah. from me too, btw.
I was like, I have DBZGT, what more could I want. Then a friend told me that he saw some game based on dBZ for PCs. Well, he was talking about Bid For Power, but when i searched google for screenshots (I thought the game was in shops, something i couldnt afford... -_-) I got some screenshots from ESF. And I was hooked. I downloaded ESF trhice just to see if my pc could support a game. Then I sought out my oold Half Life CD (something I thought I sold second-hand long time back) and thankfully i found my old backup CD.
But as I waited to get eSf, I played bit of BFP. but when I got ESF, I knew that I needed nothing else. Although I keep playing EVM, I say thats only a filler for the wait till esf 1.3 and I am sure that it will pwn EVM.
Its been half a year now, but I still say ESF all the way through.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome, great to hear it! Lots of people try the game and give up because they don't understand or don't care to learn. Be sure to read the manual, so you understand everything (it's not your typical video game) and if you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM or just ask on the forums. Once you get used to the controls, be sure to check out the multiplayer because that's what ESF is best for, fighting other people.

Enjoy your stay!

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
I like threads like this, encourages me to continue :)
Nice to hear that :smile:
frsrblch said:
Lots of people try the game and give up because they don't understand or don't care to learn.
I learned how to fight with beams etc relatively fast, but melee is harder. Right now I'm still training that, it needs much more attention than the beams^^

btw: I haven't found any Sensu(?)-beans up to now. Are there any in the esf-maps?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yes there are , try esf_riverside and look in the river xD

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
USSJ_Gohan said:
its a bit under the ground u can see a glitch or something :D
It aint a glitch ^^ Harder to see harder to find ^^

Senzubeans are overpowered but if you want you can look for the fix.

Someone made a fixed senzubeanbag model. Was on ESF-world but i cant find it anymore.

If you have the willpower to look be my guest XD

Oh and HI to all the new guys ^^

Here is a pointer. Simple melee will get you a lot further than advanced melee. Also if you havent yet go throo this http://www.esf-world.com/index.php?c=flashtut

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
AndiNo said:
Hello to all Z-fighters out there!^^
This is not what I usually do, but this time I just have to say that this mod is very very cool! A few days ago we finally got broadband internet instead of the old modem-thing. While searching for anything worth downloading, I found a HL-Portal website and there was a POTD with Son Goku throwing Buu around... although I didn't trust my eyes first, there really was a mod with the DragonballZ feeling! After downloading and starting the game, I nearly fell of my chair (this happened last time when I saw Oblivion for the first time^^)! Especially since I was looking DBZ on TV for several weeks, I was really overwhelmed! :shocked:
Since then I have been playing ESF all day now (with bots) because it's so cool and all the characters with their own weapons are there!

Before you fall asleep I just want to wish the ESF-team luck with version 1.3 (and higher^^) and hope they don't loose interest with this (I know this problem because I am a modder on my own - I'm part of a team working on a "Gothic"-Mod).
So keep it alive - I probably will :D

Thank you. We do apreciate it.

*swings his teamwang around*

Best answers
Grega said:
It aint a glitch ^^ Harder to see harder to find ^^

Senzubeans are overpowered but if you want you can look for the fix.

Someone made a fixed senzubeanbag model. Was on ESF-world but i cant find it anymore.

If you have the willpower to look be my guest XD
here you go.
http://www.esf-world.com/index.php?c=fileinfo&file_id=20816

that fixes sensu beans... its what grega says it does anyway. I havent tried them yet

Best answers
@Grega
I saw the flashtut before, but it won't work with my computer. I can start it, but there is no text and it won't play normally. (I can however play other swf's just normal) - I don't know what's up with it o_O

@Sensubeans
I installed the fix but I have not noticed any difference (I have only played a short time so I have to look at it again) - but I found the bean-bags in the river^^

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's nice to see that players do appreciate the work, delvelopment and effort the team put into the game :).

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the ESF Forums. Glad you're enjoying the mod.

*Note that I don't play ESF anymore. Waiting on 1.3*

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really have to say ESF is one of the best total conversion mods ever. I saw 1.1 beta on a magazine disc one time and I thought to myself "Is that really Vegeta on the half-life engine?". Sadly I lost the disc :) and then found the site.

The ESF team really deserve to be congratulated and I wouldn't mind if ESF 1.3 took another year to come out (earlier would be nicer though :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom