Were are you from?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Netherlands, land of the golden juice and the green grass. Fryslan boppe. \o

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I'm 1st generation American in my family.

My father hails from Guatemala, the country that actually gave the world Chocolate despite what the belgians think, and home of the most accurate calendar in existance. Mayans were making chocolate for their priest kings long before Belgium was a Dutchy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate <- pajowned

Also, the Belgian claim to creation of the pommes frites is theory, not fact:

Also, beer is older than most of Europe's kindgoms:

I wasn't aware that Belgian imperialism had taken Egypt in the 5th millenium B.C. o_O Oh wait, they didn't exist as Belgium until 1830 and the first significant historical mention of the area is around 100 B.C.

Apparently, your Golf story is backed by Wikipedia, saying that earlier versions of the game were played in the British Isles AND "low countries of Northern Europe" which is understood to be Belgium AND the Netherlands I believe. So it looks as if you can't take whole credit for that either.

It looks like someone is overcompensating for a small country. What I will give you for Belgium, is the crafting of some very nice firearms from Fabrique Nationale.

My Mother is from Argentina, but her family immigrated there to avoid Nazi persecution of Catholics during WW2, other members of her family immigrated there to avoid WW2 all together. Argentina has great cattle land, and my whole family over there carries their own decorated steak knives for eating the great patagonian steak.

I was born in Brooklyn (a private hosiptal near Sheep's Head Bay) I lived in Bensonhurst. I later moved to Jackson Hights in Queens, then Bay Shore on Long Island, then West Babylon (when it was nice).

I then moved to Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania, and finally I reside in Mountainhome.
Nice history lesson.

I'm second generation American. My father and mother are the first. My grandmother came to America to get away from the war in Germany. Her house was bombed. My grandfather comes from Ireland.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
both my parents came straight from Poland. So I have pure 100% polish blood in me, woo~

Yeah, basically, my dad was involved with (WWII?) and did some **** and was wanted out of Poland. They said he can move to whatever country and whereever he desired, and he came to America. If you want details I'll ask him.

yay.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Europ>Romania Aka city of the light (because evryting here is to expencive)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
Australia. Where everything is more expensive than in USA.
Agreed fellow Australian and Sydney sider o/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am a mut. My ancestors came from France, England, Scotand, Ireland, North America (but I don't get any money from the government...), and Belgium.

Best answers
Kimfu said:
Belgium, we gave the world fries, beer and chocolat, and yet nobody knows us :(
Don't forget about those delicious waffles lol.

I'm in Alpena, Michigan, USA. The Great Lakes State, as they call it. I'm a quarter American Indian. Chippewa, to be exact. Though... I'm about as white as they come, but hey, it gets my tuition paid for. Irish/English mostly.

And I'm directly related to Ernest Shackleton. Who was born in Ireland. Fascinating story, really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shackleton
My family also has a very long history of Freemasonry. Something I've been looking into myself recently.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Im from the Sunny South side of Africa.. Also known as South-Africa (orignal eh?)

Best answers
With fries, beer and chocolat, I actually meant that we gave you good fries, beer and chocolat..

Belgian beer > all (heineken = horsepiss, don't even get me started about the sewerwater known as british beer)
Belgian fries > all (I dare you to come over and eat steak with fries)
Belgian chocolat -> actually known and rewarded as best chocolat in the world..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
With fries, beer and chocolat, I actually meant that we gave you good fries, beer and chocolat..

Belgian beer > all (heineken = horsepiss, don't even get me started about the sewerwater known as british beer)
Belgian fries > all (I dare you to come over and eat steak with fries)
Belgian chocolat -> actually known and rewarded as best chocolat in the world..

I'll agree that Belgian chocolate is very good. I've never tried Beer from there, I drink Corona Extra Gold and Molson Ice, everything else stays at the beer distributor.

Belgian Fries are good, no doubt about that, but you claimed pioneering these things :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
donnierisk said:
I'm from South Africa where you get robbed for wearing a 1$ watch, meh
Lets not give our country a bad name now..

To be more specific, Im from Johannesburg north.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom