wats better

which is better

• 128 MB PCI Express™ x16 ATI Radeon™ X300 SE inc DVI/VGA-TV out via S-video port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 256MB PCI Express™ x16 ATI Radeon™ X800 XT with DVI/VGA - TV out via S-video port

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
none, i dont like ati.
i stick to the geforce fx ones. :yes: :yes: :yes:
but if you nead to chose then the second is better.

Best answers
i know i like nvida but the offers on dell only do ati and there both the same price i just want one for the mo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Definately the X800 XT. It's the best video card ATI has to offer, and the best in the market. You would be stupid to get the other one.

Best answers
o_O there offering those at the same price WOW O_O 128mb to 256mb no contest there the second puts the first to shame

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering the x800XT has 4x the pixel pipelines and over 4x the pixel pushing power of the x300SE, it's a clear win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why anyone would think a 256MB X800 would be worse than 128 MB X300 is beyond me

i mean even if u dont know diddly about pc's the numbers are bigger!

bigger numbers= better!

its a known fact

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually it depends on your computer. if your computer is like a 1.5 ghz and 30 mb hard drive or whatever. then your best bet is to go with the cheaper card because the more expensive one won't do any better

but if you have a 3 ghz and 160 mb hard drive and all that good stuff then the ati x800 deffinately.

I know from experience. had a geforce mx 400 (2 year old card) got an ati radeon 9800 pro didnt make any difference. so needless to say i wasted 200 dollars. but when i get my new computer ill prolly take it out of this one and put it in that one.

i do prefer geforces though and the comuter im going to get comes with a geforce 5200

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
talk about a one sided poll.
i choose the second option just because the mb is higher ^_^

Best answers
i put both on there bcause they are different ones an xt and ones an se just wanna know which is the best one i have already payed for it now and i have gone for the best on thx 4 your help gys

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
why anyone would think a 256MB X800 would be worse than 128 MB X300 is beyond me

i mean even if u dont know diddly about pc's the numbers are bigger!

bigger numbers= better!

its a known fact
Ya, I was kind of wondering that myself. Why ask if you are getting them for the same price.

256mb all the way though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, depends on how much youre spending :p If youre a big spender, then go for choice number two.. if youre a cheap ass (like me) then id get one

If the prices are that big a difference, then get choice 2

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he said they are the same price.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well do you even have any PCI Express slots.... Unless you bought a brandnew mobo in like the last month odds are you will NOT have any PCI express slots.

Also the x800xt is going to cost an arm and a leg. In Canada it costs around $800 and that is for the agp version.. Since the PCI Express version is really new technology it will most likey cost more then the agp version.

Best answers
no wat it is i am buying a new come (dell) and the offer they have is the vidio cards are both free

and the comp come with pci exp

Best answers
Well, if you are gettin a new comp with the PCIe, definitely go for the x800 That is the best card out there (Nvidia fanboys can go check benchmarks if you want :p) and since they are the same price, you'd be nuts to not go with the x800 256 :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both are awesome video cards, but the X800 is the king. You're lucky to be getting such a nice computer!

Best answers
thx for your coomets guys i know it souned stuiped putting it up but one was an se and the other was an xt just wanted to know which is newer as for the nvida bit that put a smile on my face lol if its that gd i'm glad i've got it comeing nxt week

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom