Watch out for the 52 Characters Package

Discord Member
Best answers
Hello guys how are you doing today ? everything here seems to be alright.

And now i would be glad to show you guys what was hidden of my stuff 2 years ago, that's right:D today i share with you my collection of 52 characters for ESF ECX RC 2, But first you've gotta watch the video tutorial (don't worry the download link is in description :yes:) be sure to finish the video first or ;( .

If you've encountered a problem fell free to :paper: me.

Well Here goes nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gop3GNXo7yM

don't forget to Comment, Like, Subscribe if you like the work.

Thank you guys.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So does that break the game due to the 512 entity limit?

Discord Member
Best answers
So does that break the game due to the 512 entity limit?
i've tried to start a new game in esf_cell_games.bsp but it doesn't work but in esf_cell_day.bsp is works greatly

i don't think the entity will be an obstacle

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've tried to start a new game in esf_cell_games.bsp but it doesn't work but in esf_cell_day.bsp is works greatly

i don't think the entity will be an obstacle
Clearly it doesnt always work ^^ But yea i dont play ECX just want to point out that this pack may not work on all maps.

Discord Member
Best answers
Clearly it doesnt always work ^^ But yea i dont play ECX just want to point out that this pack may not work on all maps.
Surely you know that! but can you explain the reasons behind that behavior ?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Surely you know that! but can you explain the reasons behind that behavior ?
Every character model, every aura, every tree in the map, every effect is an entity. And HL can only handle loading 512 of them per map. If you go over, you get an error in the console telling you that you are over 512 or something like that along with an error saying that it failed to load a sprite or model just below that.

Basically if you count 52 characters and ill just asume most of them have at least 2 new transformations, that leads to 4 models per character which results in 208 just for player characters. Then you have models used by transformation effects, auras, other effects, map models and the number quickly gets over 512.

All in all you seem to be at a place where the map itself could push you over that limit, or stay jut barely below it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It looks good but... It is very unbalanced so you might wanna make it so that you have to work to achieve super saiyan, and some of them don't exist. ^_^

Discord Member
Best answers
Every character model, every aura, every tree in the map, every effect is an entity. And HL can only handle loading 512 of them per map. If you go over, you get an error in the console telling you that you are over 512 or something like that along with an error saying that it failed to load a sprite or model just below that.

Basically if you count 52 characters and ill just asume most of them have at least 2 new transformations, that leads to 4 models per character which results in 208 just for player characters. Then you have models used by transformation effects, auras, other effects, map models and the number quickly gets over 512.

All in all you seem to be at a place where the map itself could push you over that limit, or stay jut barely below it.
that's a nice explanation. so the limits you say above is what makes esf unbalanced. then lets make it balanced:

according to your expl we should make entity limit under 512 so First i suggest to create a server on esf_cell_day then try playing with every character after that.
go to the esf folder in half-life's installation path then core folder then plugins then cx and then delete the amxx files for the characters that you don't need ( after deciding wich ones when you created the server ) keep deleting those until you get only what you need.

here you go a plan to make work on every map

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
There's a plugin that erase all the models (trees) in a map...

I'm not sure if it works for what you want to do...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey killer, i installed it to find out that none of the maps work. I installed it into the right folder I had 1.2.3 installed and ECX, it still doesn't work so couold you help me in some way. The problem is that when ever I start a server it gets to retrieving server info then it just goes back to the menu. so please tell me how to end this horrible unworking mod. :-/

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hey killer, i installed it to find out that none of the maps work. I installed it into the right folder I had 1.2.3 installed and ECX, it still doesn't work so couold you help me in some way. The problem is that when ever I start a server it gets to retrieving server info then it just goes back to the menu. so please tell me how to end this horrible unworking mod. :-/
It's okay guys, I fixed this privately with him. It exceeded the 512 entity limit, even on esf_cell_day.

Discord Member
Best answers
i encountered the same problem just then i closed esf and reopened it then is started a server then it worked for me. i know it's hard to avoid this, but believe me it's really working for me.

--- edit ---

It's okay guys, I fixed this privately with him. It exceeded the 512 entity limit, even on esf_cell_day.
Horatio what do you mean by Privately ?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I mean that I solved it IRL with him, because we live in the same house. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom