Wars fought with childreen

Best answers
I read this on a news site about this report that came out, it's in norwegian and i couldn't find it anywhere else, but anyway here is the link
http://www.dagbladet.no/magasinet/2004/11/22/415284.html

I'll translate some of the stuff

*It's speculated that there are around 300.000 childreen soldiers around the world, who are in 21 different conflicts. Some are normal soldiers while others work in the camp, are spies and some girls acts as sex slaves

*Most are kidnapped and forced into these conflicts while other freely volenter. This can be because there is not much left of their village, or/and they have seen family members killed or tortured, or they are pushed by their family for political reasons.

Qoutes from some of the childreen

"It was like a nightmare. We wore getting beaten all the time, mostly without any reason whatsoever, just to keep us scared. I still have a scar on my lip and my stomach hurts very much after many kicks by older soldiers. We wore forced to learn to fight our enemy, in a war i didn't understand why we wore in"

"They gave me pills which made me crazy. When the madness reached my head i hit people in the head untill they started bleeding. When the madness went away i felt guilty. If i could remember the people i attacked i would go and appologise to them"

In this report it basicly says that kids are very valuable to these people because they are easy to manipulate and they barely ask questions. Most of the girls in these wars volunter or get in the war somehow to avoid slavery in their home, forced marriges, violence and sex abuse.
Nearly all of them are manipulated by their supperiors into believing that they are fighting for the right cause, that their enemy (everyone else) are inhumane and evil people that must be destroyed. They really teach these kids fear and hate. Their religon also plays a big role in this

I also read that most of these kids go through some tests too. For example, one kid was forced to kill his best friend, if he didn't shoot him he would get shot himself.
Another bunch of them was forced to kill a friend while he was tied up, by beating him untill he died with a stick, if they didn't do this they would get shoot.
They say this is done for their own good, to make them a better warrior so they wont hessitate when they meet their enemy.
Many the kids who survive into adulhood are unable to live a normal lives, they have nightmares, many become mentaly unstable.. and so on, basicly pretty obvious stuff. After killing people all your life that's sort of expected

Yeah, everyone knew this was around but i didn't realize that it was just this bad.

Here are some pics

This guy is still wearaing a teddy bear on his back

They say every year china train several thousand childreen from age 11 to 13 for war

Kids attacking an american tank

Long post?
Thoughts?

Bolteh2

B
only happens in underdeveloped countries..

if they wish to live as brutes, that's their choice, they don't have to cry to fight a war of they made that choice

Best answers
Bolteh said:

if they wish to live as brutes, that's their choice, they don't have to cry to fight a war of they made that choice

Like i said, the kids are forced into these conflicts one way or another. They grow up with this stuff happening around them. And most of them do it out of fear, it's not because they want to go around and kill innocents for no reason.
If they don't do it, they get shot.. or maybe they shoot your father, and then rape your mother, and if you still don't do what they want then maybe they kill you.

They have a choice but it's not much of a choice that anyone without high princebles would be willing to die for. And what sort of 10 year old kids knows anything about values and princebels?

Best answers
I am utterly disgusted not only is there no reason for war, but there is no reason to put children on the front line. I can't believe Bolteh, who doesnt have to cry? The children who are put on the front line to fight a war that there parents started? THIS BULL**** MUST COME TO AN END!!!

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Makes me mad seeing this ;( ;/

Those kids could have a real life, instead people use them to make soldiers... poor kids,... they probably won't even reach 30th age... if not 20th. :(

Best answers
Bolteh said:

Your right about it only happening in underdeveloped countries. However, about it being there choice, sometimes yes, and sometimes no. In the Middle East, there are many children that would be willing to blow themselves up and kill as many Americans or Europeans as they could. Of course, this mostly comes from the blatent propaganda that is spewed from there government all day long. 'America is evil. It is the enemy of God, God's enemy is America.' etc., etc. There's not really a whole lot we can do about this situation, except hope that they would abandon that life when they get the chance. Of course some do, a lot don't, and a lot are unfortunatly killed, if not by a soldier then by their own government.

You could look at Steve-O's story, from Iraq. This is a boy who was told by his father to fight the Americans. He was givin an AK-47, he is only 13 years old. When he finally did see a soldier, he could not shoot him. So he turned himself in.
A few days later, Steve-O asked to see his mother. She had been beaten and told her son that everyone knew he had turned the insurgents in. She had a week to turn him over, or his family would be killed.
"Go back to the Americans," Steve-O's mother reportedly told him. She knew what would happen to him if he stayed.
He gave vital intelligence to the military about weapon caches in his own backyard, and his intel led to the arrest of 40 formal Republican Guard forces. Days later a video was released that showed the execution of his mother. The ones that killed her said this was punishment for not fighting the Americans. He was nicknamed Steve-O by some of the soldiers. The boy now says he wants to go to the U.S., and he is on his way here to a family that will adopt him.

Just an example, doesn't matter what you think of the Iraq war, it is sad that some kids are forced into a life like that. I would ask people not to comment on the war because it is not allowed on the forums, that was an example.

Stories like that are all too common in places like that, 'Join us or we will kill your mother, or sister, etc.' Like I said, it is sad, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

Best answers
AUP said:
Because of the turbulent political climate in the world today, we are no longer allowing topics on the subject of war or religion on the forum

^

-Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom