Warlords of Draenor - WoW

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If any of you have been keeping an eye on Blizzcon you may have noticed this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYueIdI_2L0

Can't say I'm surprised that they broke their previous record for quick expansions. I don't have high hopes, WoW has been sucking balls lately but it's something to look forward too.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I posted this on my old guilds forum but I'm going to post this here too:

So yeah, Blizzard seems to definitely be getting back on the right track. The majority of Cata was terrible and it's going to take longer than 1 expansion (MoP) to recover, but if they keep up the way things are I think this expansion and future ones will be pretty awesome. What they're doing to raiding is awesome (get ****ed 10 mans), and I love everything about basically going back to Outland. One of the main things that made me hate MoP was the setting of it, it didn't feel like Warcraft at all.

so yeah, looks promising so far
Also the comparison picture they had up for the gnome model is ******* hilarious. I had no idea that it was under 1k tris.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may join back into WoW for this. Like... With Garrosh gone, I can go back to the Horde finally and I can see if they can get the Lore right.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here. I might get back to the game for this one.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I really have to wonder why they insist on showing things that will never actually happen in the game itself both in the CG trailers and the announcement trailers...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really have to wonder why they insist on showing things that will never actually happen in the game itself both in the CG trailers and the announcement trailers...
You mean like every game out there?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You mean like every game out there?
Let me reformulate.

Why do they show videos from the game engine where things happen that never happen in the actual game.

Every game out there? Really mate?

[video=youtube;zcSc4uBc3nQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSc4uBc3nQ[/video]

Yes there is a CG trailer of this game where none of the things shown happen.

However, everything that happens in this trailer, besides the background music can happen in the game.

Everything that is shown that can be done in the game can be done.

In the WoW one, where to even begin? There are things that will not happen as they were shown and things that will not happen at all.

Minute 1:09 someone standing on a building looking like she's hanging there, and then looking in the distance. Never going to happen. A player isn't going to be able to climb a tall building and hang from it like that, is he? The biggest one of them all has to be minute 1:26 to 1:32. Combat is never going to be like that. Unless they have completely changed if from it's core to its everything and added things like climbing stuff in this game. But two players are most absolutely not going to fight like that. Even PVE would be out of the question to look like that.

Well. At least the new character models look nice. About bloody time...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it was a gameplay trailer, it would say it was a gameplay trailer. Not that we would need one, it's going to be the same as it's always been. What everyone seems to miss about trailers like those is they're meant to highlight the atmosphere and story of the game. WoW is an RPG at it's core. It's still centered around story.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a trailer for a reason.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's a trailer for a reason.
I don't know. A trailer does not show things that are not in the thing it's promoting by it's "definition". If it doesn't then it's called misleading.

BUT, a trailer is also a movie thing.

Anyway leaving that behind, does WoW even have such things as gameplay trailers?

I don't remember any...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get what you're confused about. The trailer is basically showing the lore behind the new expansion, as well as all the new content that was created. It's exactly what it is, a reveal trailer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's because it brings back the feeling I thought I had when I was playing the game. It shows things that I thought I was doing in that game.

Until I realized that was all a big fat lie.

How can it possibly hope to bring back some of the people that it has lost and that it is still losing if they keep going this safe? It's ridiculous, because they could literally keep this game in the nr. 1 spot forever if they'd innovate some things every once in a while more than just new area, new pets, new gear tear blargheast, a slightly new feature that could have been in the game a while ago, but that we're bringing in just because our competition is doing it, boom done now time to work on the CG trailer that bloats these features to a point that would never be possible to see in the game. hey just play it safe and let this game slowly die, then slightly come back to life again, and then slowly die some more, just like the one step forward and two steps back thingy. It's actually quite depressing to see WoW like this.

See this fight these two guys are having here? Looks good doesn't it? Bet that's exactly how you imagined your character when he was fighting some random dude right? Too bad in reality all you did was spam 3-4 spells while strafing and jumping left and right like a lunatic.

Imagine it like this. Wouldn't it be cool if combat would be something like in the trailer for the next expansion, as in that would be a feature. Making your attacks have weight bringing things like active blocking and dodging that you could do while doing all that nonsense side-strafing and jumping? Wouldn't it be cool if such a combat would be an actual feature? Wouldn't it be cool if you could see the cutscenes that where shown in here like that in the game rather then just seeing them while 2-3 ****s just jump around in circles because they can't be arsed to listen to the story all the wile a dreadful silence is in the air because it can't possibly have all the sounds and music from the trailer in game?

It makes me confused because it made me want to come back to WoW for a second until I realized... bu-but the core isn't changed. It's still monotonous.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is way over-complicating things. You play WoW to play with other people. Gameplay can be fun but yeah, it's gonna be the same as it's always been. You should be focusing on playing with other people. If you're tired of WoW, try out one of the other billion MMO's.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That is way over-complicating things. You play WoW to play with other people. Gameplay can be fun but yeah, it's gonna be the same as it's always been. You should be focusing on playing with other people. If you're tired of WoW, try out one of the other billion MMO's.
Other people? Other people are one of the reasons I quit WoW and MMO's in general. Why? Because other people are ****s.

Let's face it if other people are the only thing you can tell me that makes WoW worth it then WoW is a dreadful game. It is. Example: That dreadful ghostbusters game that came out. It has co-op. It is designed with co-op in mind, as in "play with other people you ****"! Yes it can be fun with other people because yes other people CAN make the worst of games enjoyable. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a dreadful game.

And really? Really. Over complicating things? Am I talking about some indie company that just recently became big? This is freaking Blizzard that's owned by ACTIVISION! They could do all these. They can. It's not hard for them. They are Blizzard and Activision for Zod's sake! They are a company that has been getting away with the ridiculous notion of buying expansions at full price and constantly paying monthly subscriptions for years. Y-E-A-R-S. You really telling me they can't innovate? Bullshit! They don't want to. It's as simple as that. Because people are still buying. Because all the other MMO's that attempt to ape it suck. Or they don't suck but don't make it as big as blizzard because people, instead of going to them for innovation keep sticking with WoW asking for it to make innovations. And they are right and wrong to do this at the same time.

Don't get me wrong. It's not because I hate the WoW franchise, which make no mistakes I do, that I rant about this here. It's because I used to love it and because I wish I could love it again.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;zzM9lRWtETE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzM9lRWtETE[/video]
[video=youtube;bIaxmEGK5xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIaxmEGK5xc[/video]

There were so many gameplay trailers and TV Spots with gameplay on them it's not even funny.

Literally, WoW has set the grounds for MMOs for today. Yea there was Everquest and Ultima Online but those... those may have been great but can't ever compete with the name that World of Warcraft created for itself in the beginning. Also Blizzard isn't owned by Activision at all. Actually Activision just broke away from Blizzard a few weeks ago to jump into a new scene.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other people? Other people are one of the reasons I quit WoW and MMO's in general. Why? Because other people are ****s.

Let's face it if other people are the only thing you can tell me that makes WoW worth it then WoW is a dreadful game. It is. Example: That dreadful ghostbusters game that came out. It has co-op. It is designed with co-op in mind, as in "play with other people you ****"! Yes it can be fun with other people because yes other people CAN make the worst of games enjoyable. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a dreadful game.

And really? Really. Over complicating things? Am I talking about some indie company that just recently became big? This is freaking Blizzard that's owned by ACTIVISION! They could do all these. They can. It's not hard for them. They are Blizzard and Activision for Zod's sake! They are a company that has been getting away with the ridiculous notion of buying expansions at full price and constantly paying monthly subscriptions for years. Y-E-A-R-S. You really telling me they can't innovate? Bullshit! They don't want to. It's as simple as that. Because people are still buying. Because all the other MMO's that attempt to ape it suck. Or they don't suck but don't make it as big as blizzard because people, instead of going to them for innovation keep sticking with WoW asking for it to make innovations. And they are right and wrong to do this at the same time.

Don't get me wrong. It's not because I hate the WoW franchise, which make no mistakes I do, that I rant about this here. It's because I used to love it and because I wish I could love it again.
Dude, then just don't play the ******* game. Neither I or Activision care about your gripes. It's an MMORPG and it's well known for being what it is. They CANT innovate this particular game because they have 7 million plus subscribers and no one in their right mind is gonna **** with their flagship just to accommadate less than 15 percent of a fan base. If you want innovation then go play Guild Wars. I personally play WoW for the ability to do high level raids and pvp with my guild. Not because of the gameplay.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because it brings back the feeling I thought I had when I was playing the game. It shows things that I thought I was doing in that game.

Until I realized that was all a big fat lie.

How can it possibly hope to bring back some of the people that it has lost and that it is still losing if they keep going this safe? It's ridiculous, because they could literally keep this game in the nr. 1 spot forever if they'd innovate some things every once in a while more than just new area, new pets, new gear tear blargheast, a slightly new feature that could have been in the game a while ago, but that we're bringing in just because our competition is doing it, boom done now time to work on the CG trailer that bloats these features to a point that would never be possible to see in the game. hey just play it safe and let this game slowly die, then slightly come back to life again, and then slowly die some more, just like the one step forward and two steps back thingy. It's actually quite depressing to see WoW like this.

See this fight these two guys are having here? Looks good doesn't it? Bet that's exactly how you imagined your character when he was fighting some random dude right? Too bad in reality all you did was spam 3-4 spells while strafing and jumping left and right like a lunatic.

Imagine it like this. Wouldn't it be cool if combat would be something like in the trailer for the next expansion, as in that would be a feature. Making your attacks have weight bringing things like active blocking and dodging that you could do while doing all that nonsense side-strafing and jumping? Wouldn't it be cool if such a combat would be an actual feature? Wouldn't it be cool if you could see the cutscenes that where shown in here like that in the game rather then just seeing them while 2-3 ****s just jump around in circles because they can't be arsed to listen to the story all the wile a dreadful silence is in the air because it can't possibly have all the sounds and music from the trailer in game?

It makes me confused because it made me want to come back to WoW for a second until I realized... bu-but the core isn't changed. It's still monotonous.
This is hilarious, is this your first time seeing an expansion reveal trailer? Trailers exactly like this have been done for every single expansion so far, so I don't know why you decided to set yourself up for disappointment this time.

You have way too high standards for, wait for it... a reveal trailer. You're also crazy if you think that Blizzard would greatly change the gameplay in an expansion pack. Things like class mechanics and how abilities work are about as far as they'll go with gameplay. Major changes like you're expecting is just going to end up disappointing you because those are the type of changes that would fit in with an actual new game instead of an expansion pack. Your complaints about features are pretty funny, because Blizzard is adding in a ton of new features in this expansion. They tend to add new features in large patches too.

I get the feeling that you're basing all of your posts just on the trailer, so do yourself a huge favor and read up on all the information that got released.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved 2 and 3. I didn't like the original, but I played it after playing 2.

And back on the subject, they're adding some things that I have been wanting since Burning Crusade. World pvp (not like wintergrasp or tol barad. Like, actually constant world pvp.).

Garrisons: Like home bases that you can build and upgrade. You collect follower npc's and you can send them on mini-quests and dungeons to collect materials and have a rare chance at gear. You can also build up the other professions while in your garrison, but you're still limited to 3 main professions outside of your garrison. There's also bank crafting, so you don't have to carry everything anymore.

And lastly, and ******* thank god-idly, they're reworking all the gear stats. No more reforging, less enchantable gear but more enchant variety, less gemming but more variety, and most importantly, back down to health being in the 40k range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom