Warhammer Online

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So after me and a friend gave the trial a shot, we've decided to pick up this game. Do any of you play? What servers? We're going to be rolling Destruction(WAAAAGH ftw).

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figured everyone had gone back to WoW by now.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried it and quit a few months later. It was a good game, but it didn't keep me entertained.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just bought the game for 8 bucks at Walmart today. Is there any custom addons for it?

Geez... I'm glad I bought it for 8 bucks.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a big fat epic fail where the endgame is horribly broken in terms of mechanics. it IS fun up to tier 4 (when other people are playing) but once your there the games fun factor vanishes. i wouldnt suggest you commit to it unless your looking for something to do for a couple of months at the most.

i suppose mythic are the problem ultimately. so far they've improved the game by adding more PVE content, limiting the number of players who can actually join the "big battles" as both the game engine and server hardware cant actually cope with 200 players. they've also ruined several classes which were the weakest at release, and even worse off after all this time. etc etc

I'd suggest having a peek through the warhammeraliance.com forums for an idea as to the playerbases general feelings for the game anyway.

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. We've had some fun so far, but I never really stick with MMOs for a few months anyway.

And bah, I rolled a Black Orc, supposedly one of the worst tanks in game. Ah well, I have a tendency to play gimped classes anyway :/

Best answers
It's really well designed up until you're asking yourself why you play. PVP is great. It just lacked vision.

The castle sieges were all about camping bugged areas and pulling. It reminds me a lot of DAoC, which ironically is the same company that made the game. If they had different difficulty castles that fewer players could do, Alliance benefits (and bugs resolved), community events, and made each race's zones more unique, I think it'd have a lasting appeal. I'd go from one place to another, and it'd feel like the same POS ghetto town I just came from.

They needed more PVP only based Titles, Loot, and zones. The RvR was all about massing players and there was nothing a single person could do. They need like repeatable randomized quests that can only be done in RvR land, so you can actually earn Renown doing it and hunt other players down. Instead of having 12 RvR zones, they should've just had 4.

If they changed some things in the game around, it could be a lot better. They just went with what they've always done and didn't bother thinking too far ahead. In the same respect, others lost their interest as well.

When will they make an MMO where you can design your own animations, character looks, and skills/guilds? Now that'd be a game worth playing. Have players design parts of the game and hire moderators to confirm it's legit.

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tier 1 was fun at least. I did some PvE just to get myself some decent gear and at level 5 I did a lot of RvR and leveled the last 7 levels of Tier 1 doing that. Had a blast and since you get rewards from completing Battle Objectives and defending them, I got some good gear as well as a couple blues that dropped off players(they don't lose equipment, but you can loot their corpses)!

Its been mostly a few PUGs with a bunch of different players, but I'm already noticing the ones that pay attention to what they're doing instead of just trying to zerg the Order. That doesn't tend to work on Badlands as they usually outnumber us 3:2. But since they tend to just try to overwhelm us with numbers, a well organized group can take points and defend them. I don't know how many times we've capped the zone and given all the players doin PvE free renown points and buffs :D

A lot of the older players are disillusioned with the game because a lot of the classes aren't as capable of others, but your skills can compensate. I play a 2H Black Orc and so long as I've got a healer on my back I can survive long enough to screw up their party good. I ask for all the regeneration and HoTs my warband can give me and rush the mages and healers. And while I know it won't last, I've noticed that my big green ass tends to attract a lot of cannon attention, but that's fine. I've got the HP and armor to take several hits from that if I'm not poppin pots or gettin heals, even more if I do. Since the order is targetting me with them, they're not targettting our frailer units, which is good for us.

It'll probably get tougher as I tier up, as I imagine the higher levelled players have learned they can't take down a tank without a lot of focused fire, but we'll see. I got exactly what I was looking for: an MMO with a few mechanics very similar to the old FPS games I used to play. Plenty of player on player action while having to capture points and defend them, 2 armies of 24 or so players each clashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom