Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Best answers
as long as they keep the cool kill animations like in dawn of war i'll definently get the game. I don't really play fantasy table top(i do play 40k though) but that game definently looks really cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im waiting to see the uber units =O

units i REALLY want to see in this game:

High Elves:
Dragon Prince's
War Eagle riders
Swordmasters of Hoeth (led by teclis obviously.... although, a character who can destroy an entire deamon horde with 1 spell would be overkill :p)
and of course, Ancient Emporer Dragons o/

Chaos:
i wanna see different deamon units, ie: bloodletters, deamonettes, flamers, and nurglings (for the plague gods minions, they are cute XD)
dragon ogres
the option to lead a marauder, warrior, or deamon army.
Two Headed Dragon and/or Greater Deamons

Skaven:
its all about pouring hordes of skavenslaves to their deaths XD
Warpfire throwers
poisoned wind globeadiers
plague monks
rat ogres
gray seer's (thanquol if available <3 )

Empire:
all i want from the empire, is a steam tank, and a couple of hellfire volley cannons :p

Developed by Armies of Exigo creator Black Hole Entertainment, Mark of Chaos will take a different approach to real-time strategy that's more in keeping with its source material. Instead of forcing gamers to worry about the tedious aspects of the genre, such as base management, it puts the focus on the fray, with the champions and chumps of the Empire, the Skaven, the High Elves, and Chaos, throwing down. Each of these armies can be accompanied into battle by allied "dogs of war," which include orcs, dwarfs, vampires, and goblins.

Namco is promising detailed graphics that can provide a bird's-eye view of the battlefield or let players spot warriors by the insignias on their armor. That level of detail may prove useful, as the game is also expected to include fully customizable units, a familiar feature for players of the tabletop game.

Mark of Chaos is set one year after the Great War, which saw Chaos armies sweep the lands of the Empire before being pushed back to the Northern Wastes. At the outset, the united High Elf and Empire forces sweep their territory to exterminate the remaining Chaos hordes, but warbands continue to pick at the border lands and new Chaos Champions are regularly rising up in attempts to unify what's left of the Chaos armies.
OH EMM GEE

im really looking forward to this game o/

Best answers
my computer would definatly overload during the DL of the demo lol... if there is any.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dammit. Page won't load for me.

Did they change the gameplay?

Best answers
The foliage looks drawn

btw, most comps..will not play it at that detail, i betcha thats atleast 2nd highest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Dammit. Page won't load for me.

Did they change the gameplay?
from what? Dawn of War?

well, two things to remember, this isnt being made by relic, this is being made by Namco (i think its their first attempt at a RTS?).

the second, is that the tabletop game plays completely different from its 40k counterpart as well, its much more regimented, in that you have ACTUAL regiments, rather than skirmishing squads. so where dawn of war was very fast paced and you just see unit after unit surging forward. i can imagine that this game will still have a pretty fast pace. but your more likely to see a whole army of spearmen marching to the battle lines...

all in all i think the game looks a lot darker, and a lot closer to the tabletop game than any other warhammer game (not warhammer 40k). and im really looking forward to it.

ps. for you warcraft freaks out there (you know who you are :p), thats how orks and goblins are suppostd to look >_>

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/warhammer/
http://www.namco.com/games/warhammer/

there are the links to the gamespot, and homepages.

ps. i want this army =X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plage Monks damnit! I want every Skaven unit there is! Jezzails! Poison WInd! A Skaven warlord who's storm vermin were replaced by common Clanrats!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was unaware that Warhammer40k had a 'medeival' counterpart.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=O

it sure as hell does! i actually prefer fantasy in some ways (its called Warhammer: Fantasy Battles, or just Warhammer for short).
its full of dragons, ogres, other mythical beasts and races. i love it. however its all done using a regiment system, where 40k is skirmish based, so the game is a little slower paced.

magic is fun though, high elf Assault of Stone spell is awsome, you can lift any terrain piece, and move it 3d6 in any direction, it causes instant kills for just about everything it hits :p (well, actually 2d6 and disregard the lowest, and thats un-saveable wounds).

awsome stuff heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know I don't even know how to play any sort of tabletop warhammer, right? So aside from the dice, that was mostly gibberish to me, heh. What do you mean, regiment system versus skirmish system?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a difference between the number of Troops in play If i remember right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no its not hehe. basically, in warhammer, all the creatures in a unit, will be formed up in rank and file, they will be able to move in 2 different ways per turn. they can either move standard distance (which varies from race to race). they can march, which allows double distance movement, but they risk being able to defend sufficiently if attacked. and a charge move, which again, is double distance, but it must end in contact with another unit (you have to declare the charge before you measure). if you fall short, your unit is fatigued and can be countercharged.

in Warhammer 40k, the units arent tightly regimented, each creature can stay up to 2" away from each other, which allows greater freedom of movement, you can move around terrain easier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom