WarCraft 3

Best answers
Hello ,

MY WARCRAFT DOESN'T WANT TO INSTALL WARCRAFT3 :(

... it says he got prob in reading the files...
Someone can help me?

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
you should be a bit more specific please, that doesn't make any sense.

Best answers
you need a new CD-ROM drive,or use your second one

I had that problem before,and I had to use my realy slow 4x CD-R drive to install

my 48x CD-ROM drive dont want to read stuff properly,thast why!!

EDIT : If you are trying to install The Frozen Throne,it is because either

a) You dont have Warcraft 3 installed
b) You arent pointing to the right directory

Best answers
RaVe said:
you need a new CD-ROM drive,or use your second one

I had that problem before,and I had to use my realy slow 4x CD-R drive to install

my 48x CD-ROM drive dont want to read stuff properly,thast why!!

EDIT : If you are trying to install The Frozen Throne,it is because either

a) You dont have Warcraft 3 installed
b) You arent pointing to the right directory
I used my 2nd CD-ROM(cd-rw) and it still dont wanna' to install...
the speed of my 2nd is - 20x10x40

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a walkthrough to get past that on the WC3 site, I think, as I had the same problem.

Best answers
Do other programs install off of CD's? If not - bad CDrom (not likely).

Might be scratches or the CD got warped.
Or you could be trying to install of illegal software - which I would hope you are not.

Best answers
Cookster said:
Do other programs install off of CD's? If not - bad CDrom (not likely).

Might be scratches or the CD got warped.
Or you could be trying to install of illegal software - which I would hope you are not.
i'm not...
and i tried it with two cd's one is mine (bought it) and the other is the cd of my friend (he bought it to..)- he gave me to try with his cd...

My cd dont got even 1 scratch so i dont think that it is the prob...

Majin you-
_________
i tried to enter to the wc3 site and its gave me the Forums o_O \
Warcraft3.com

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, no he doesn't need a new CD drive. Bro you said Warcraft doesnt want to install WarCraft 3? Do you have Warcraft II on your comp? If your finished playing Warcraft II uninstall it. then restart your computer and try the installation over. Most of the time if that error comes up you restart or try again, its common sense.

Best answers
Xsl>|< said:
Lol, no he doesn't need a new CD drive. Bro you said Warcraft doesnt want to install WarCraft 3? Do you have Warcraft II on your comp? If your finished playing Warcraft II uninstall it. then restart your computer and try the installation over. Most of the time if that error comes up you restart or try again, its common sense.

it says something like this
"setup cannot read a required data file. Your Warcraft III Cd May not be in the CD-ROM Drive. Please ensure that the disk is in the cd-rom drive press retry. To cansel the operation , press cancel.

Best answers
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=wWarcraft000
By the way, its a great game, and though there are as many map cheaters as there are in Counter-Strike, Blizzard at least makes an effort to stop these people from doing it. Though the cheating isn't quite as bad as CS.

Great game, I hope you didn't just buy Reign of Chaos though, you gotta get Frozen Throne, we were ranked 8th on Arranged Team because my firend and I played in the beta, and got the game the day it came out - now we are in the 50's.

Highly addicting, though I still believe ROC was the best, but with FT out not as many will play.

Best answers
Cookster said:
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=wWarcraft000
By the way, its a great game, and though there are as many map cheaters as there are in Counter-Strike, Blizzard at least makes an effort to stop these people from doing it. Though the cheating isn't quite as bad as CS.

Great game, I hope you didn't just buy Reign of Chaos though, you gotta get Frozen Throne, we were ranked 8th on Arranged Team because my firend and I played in the beta, and got the game the day it came out - now we are in the 50's.

Highly addicting, though I still believe ROC was the best, but with FT out not as many will play.

I'm very sorry but none of the options there is my prob...

Now that i am looking on this prob it says something like this...
"setup was unable to copy the following file"
war3.mpq
error 0x00000017 :cry:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm Lol.. I don't know then man, but it says theres no disk in the drive? How did you get all the way to setup if it thinks theres no disk in the drive? Man it could be many problems.. The closest I can come to is that your CD Drive is hving trouble reading disks, and that you should put the disk in and wait for it to bring up setup. And the other is I think you should download the latest installations to your computer. Forgot address, www.microsoft.com ? (sorry if this is advertising)

Best answers
RedSaiya said:
I'm very sorry but none of the options there is my prob...

EDIT : Now that i am looking on this prob it says something like this...
"setup was unable to copy the following file"
war3.mpq
error 0x00000017 :cry:
read the Edit

Best answers
here this is what he says from the log.

Setup was unable to read the following data file. Your Warcraft III CD may not have been in the CDROM drive.
F:\war3.mpq

Setup was unable to copy the following file:
war3.mpq
Error 0x00000017: โ€โ€ืฉื’ื™ืืช ื ืชื•ื ื™ื (ื‘ื“ื™ืงืช ื™ืชื™ืจื•ืช ืžื—ื–ื•ืจื™ืช).
(C:\temp\020606lockit\Installer\Source\DiskUndo.cpp:240)

Installation canceled.

Best answers
RedSaiya said:

Setup was unable to read the following data file. Your Warcraft III CD may not have been in the CDROM drive.

war3.mpq
Error 0x00000017: โ€โ€ืฉื’ื™ืืช ื ืชื•ื ื™ื (ื‘ื“ื™ืงืช ื™ืชื™ืจื•ืช ืžื—ื–ื•ืจื™ืช).

Installation canceled.
HELP ME :cry:

Best answers
RedSaiya said:

war3.mpq

Installation canceled.
GUYS PLEASE THIS IS VERY IMPORTENT!!!!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
"If you are having problems installing Warcraft III from the cd, copy all of the contents of the cd to your hard drive and run install.exe."

Try that solution, it was on the site.

And BTW, do not make double, triple, quadruple, or greater posts. If you still have the problem, try emailing Blizzard instead of making multiple posts....besides they are the most qualified people to handle this.

Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you can't find any help on Blizzard.com, I would give their technical support a call. The number is (949) 955-1382.

For most people, that is probably long distance, but if you are really stuck and need help badly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom