Viper's Snakeway map

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It has gone a long way from the small square-like snakeway. If u dont believe me, here, watch this:

I have also 2 questions:
1.Can someone please make an enviroment map with the snake way?
2.Who made the trees from imkingkong's Z sword map?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
RE: Ingame screenshots

I can make ingame screen shots but then they would look like crap and thats just becouse i a still working on textures and on a decent enviroment map.
Maybe it will be finished today, I hope...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made those tree's DJ Ready edited the texture slightly, feel free to use them though (im sure Ready wont mind ;) )

Nice work so far man, keep it up ^^ but MC's right, it looks a little small D:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Question:

What's the max viewable distance i can use within performance limits?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually set the max viewing distance to maximum. With a map like yours, you could probably do the same without it resulting in a performance hit.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm full of requests today so: does anyone have HFIL refs, 'couse the only pictures related with HFIL that i've found on Yahoo and Google where with Mez and Goz (caracters from dbz, working in HFIL)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I hate to boast myself but this is what you should be aiming for. Allthough this is 1.3 content, I wanted to show some of my recent work anyway. The thing you see will not be the actual map, but a part of one of the maps I'm working on.

The snakeway is full of curves all over, and your's is too, but they look more like angles.

Best answers
WoW, that looks great. But wouldn't it be too little to play in?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read my post. It's not the actual map, but a part of another map I'm woking on. :p

Best answers
Ohh, sorry about that. But still it looks cool.

Edit:
Those "clouds", are they done with brushes? If they are, doesn't it look a little wierd if you can run on them?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Man that is the coolest snakeway i've ever seen, i especially like the ways it is shaped. I agree with theoboy about the clouds, they still look good.
And about the shape, since this is my first map i am glad that i made it roundish.
PS: How do i use the hurt trigger?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj3Viper said:
Man that is the coolest snakeway i've ever seen, i especially like the ways it is shaped. I agree with theoboy about the clouds, they still look good.
And about the shape, since this is my first map i am glad that i made it roundish.
PS: How do i use the hurt trigger?
From what I was told in my thread, you have to create a brush and tie it to trigger_hurt, then you place that brush within whatever you want to cause the players to lose health. The trigger_hurt brush disapears so you don't have to worry about the two brushes cutting each other up.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theoboy said:
Ohh, sorry about that. But still it looks cool.

Edit:
Those "clouds", are they done with brushes? If they are, doesn't it look a little wierd if you can run on them?
Those clouds will be a func_illusionary with about 140 visibility. I've done it before with another map, and it did not look bad.

I don't wanna hijack Vipers thread. So let's talk about his snakeway now, hmk ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O CS, YOu've so TOTALLY stole my idea of a snakeway, I even dreamt about it! :(
LOL, but it's fine, yours would look better in anyway, I always wanted to make a snakeway map like that though.

Oh and viper, you're doing good so far, keep it up, maybe add a little more curves like Cold said.

Best answers
I can't see the map very well since the quality isn't the best. Can you please describe the problem?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thanks

But the skybox is not my problem, in the hammer the brushes didn't look like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom