Very Hard To Target

Best answers
Suddnly In my clan server:
3dv.co.il <> ESF 1.1

Its realy hard to target ppl!!!
I mean that i do the target thing k and it doesnt target the enemy!
very strange...
How do i fix it?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its the new version of adminmod or a plug in thats installed. Not metamod as others have blamed it on as metamod works perfectly fine.

Best answers
I was playing in a server yesterday that did *not* have adminmod, and it was still very hard to target. <_<

Best answers
It is hard to target. Especially if there's a little lag involved. And especially if you've already got somone targeted. I really think there needs to be more to targeting, like locks etc.

For example, I was facing a guy, he swooped and I was going to swoop at him. Instead, another enemy swoops in front of me, I target him instead of swooping, and get punched in the face. >.<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are playing at ESF_ROSAT, then it is because of the large sky, not any plugins or anything. This sometimes happens when trying to get a target with the sky backround behind him. If not, maybe you messed your mouse up! :p

Best answers
Rosat has to be my least favourite map...so disorienting. Do you think this could be linked to the fact that sometimes the swoop button just doesn't work? And no, not because an enemy is nearby. I've heard other people complain about it too.

It's like someone swoops at you from the other side of the map..*click*..nothing..okay..*click*...uh..*click*..aww crap *SMACK*

Could be the same problem.

Best answers
NO!!!
u dont understand me!!!
it happen in all maps
something is wrong
play in my server and look by ur self

Edit:
Bihal its just what i am talking about!!!!
u understand me!!!!!!
its not happening only to me
and i discovered it happen in alot of servers!!!!!

Best answers
Yeh that also happens to me so all I do is instead of clicking on a person, I just keep hold of the mouse button while on the person until it locks onto them.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Bi[g]Bu[g] said:
Suddnly In my clan server:
3dv.co.il <> ESF 1.1

Its realy hard to target ppl!!!
I mean that i do the target thing k and it doesnt target the enemy!
very strange...
How do i fix it?
This happens in my server. Everyone has trouble locking on to one another. I can be staring at my enemy for like ten minutes, clicking on them to lock on, and it still wont lock on. the only plugins my server has is metamod and the regular AMX mod. It is not associated with lag b/c i ping 4ms in my server, lol. Someone plz find a solution!!!

Also, i cant get ctdb to work in my server even though it is enabled....

Best answers
I believe it is metamod/admin mod and such that are the main cause of this to an entire server.

However, individuals can have trouble with poor ping and targeting.

Best answers
Bihal said:
Rosat has to be my least favourite map...so disorienting. Do you think this could be linked to the fact that sometimes the swoop button just doesn't work? And no, not because an enemy is nearby. I've heard other people complain about it too.

It's like someone swoops at you from the other side of the map..*click*..nothing..okay..*click*...uh..*click*..aww crap *SMACK*

Could be the same problem.
im not sure, but maybe you should look at your "KI bar" ... you cant swoop if you dont have enough KI...

Best answers
No, I'm not an idiot.
But you didn't know that, so don't stress.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bottom line is [ADMIN-MOD] BLOWS GET/PLAY ON AMX-MOD ONLY SERVERS!

Best answers
I can definately say it is not admin mod, because I used to have admin mod on my server, but I got rid of it a few days ago. And 100% of the time everyone had no trouble targeting anyone. A few servers have this problem including the gamezone.nl server, and a few others. Just because of this problem makes me never go to those servers anymore because it's retarded...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of targeting, me and my friend were just playing ESF on Steam and... it takes forever to target someone. You can sit there clicking on someone, but it wont target until you're 10th try at targeting him. I don't know if it's just me, but if it isn't then something has got to be done about it. :\

Best answers
Actually Mr Satan, I can't say I've seen it much better on AMX Moded servers.

I think it's a combination of these server mods (and possibly Steam?) and things such as ROSAT's sky box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom