Ubuntu/Linux

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I'm pretty nub when it comes to Linux and it's many forms, but Ubuntu has recently caught my eye since it's Windows-like. I have a Mac, but I also run XP through bootcamp to play games and whatnot, but recently (actually quite awhile ago) I wasn't able to type in my p/w because my keyboard mysteriously stopped working. No big problem for me, I just wasn't able to finish HL2: Ep 2.

Anyways I was thinking about getting Ubuntu or another form of Linux to replace XP because I'm also nub at reformatting and I'm not so sure how to reinstall the drivers since I don't have the disks I used to install OSX Leopard. I just wasn't sure if you could download and play steam games or use other .exe files on Ubuntu/Linux, since that's my main use for the other side of my partition. Any info will help about either the Linux stuff or even how some of you guys reformat.

p.s. another thing about the reformatting thing is that I have an OEM version of Windows XP SP2 that I bought off ebay, but it didn't come with a key or w/e they call it and I don't think I have one available any longer. Also I do have a Leopard upgrade CD, but I'm not certain that it has the drivers you can install when using bootcamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom