Two suggestions from the Orkut community.

Best answers
Hello gentlemen,

First o? all, thanks to the ESF Team and to all the good suggestions till now, due to their professional and creative work!

Well, I?m the owner of the ESF?s Orkut community, where I do have contact with 4000+ ESF players and lovers; And we was concerned about a few things there, so we voted for two suggestions for 1.3 and here am I.

Suggestion 1 (Turbo): In our opinion, the turbo thing should work like ?Ahhh, now I?ll show you my true power!?, so our idea is that: When you charge turbo on 1.3 (gaining PL and all), you KEEP the aura and the PL, charging KI should not disable it; For us, the only thing that should disable the turbo is TIME (and a fast tap on the turbo key) (so the PL starts going down and the aura fades when we reach our normal PL, remembering that we can re-charge it without losing the aura, we would like to have this choice of staying stronger but burning more KI).

Suggestion 2 (Moviment): Well, we play ESF since the alpha won versions, and after the beta 1.0, ESF became known as the ?Hard Game?, the game who?s ?Not For Anybody?, ESF is a game made by player skill, since the beggining till the end! Isn?t hard to make a basic movement, to teleport a little, or maybe charge a kamehameha and shoot it; But pro players know that it?s ?beautiful? to get your own style, like use a chain of swoops to backstab somebody, or maybe doing a show of self images on a charge-ports shower, and fight like 3 or 4 people at the same time (that?s dbz XD). Actually, we just fear that the new ?easy? dash system, the distance-reduced teleport and etc. Could sadly turn ESF into a ?standard game? like a first person shotting one, where all you need to do is keep your feets on the ground and click some people (I?m not criticizing this kind of game, I?m just saying that ESF was not supposed to be known as a 100% fan and happy game).

I would like to finish this saying that WE LOVE ESF, we just give our free time to see it growing, we have a sponsored Clan, a own server, we travel during the vacations to find LAN Houses whitout ESF, so we give it. :p

We are just concerned with the futuro of our all loved game. Btw, I understand that some people will not like our suggestions, but personally, I don?t like internet fights and I don?t want to stay freshing this page all day, trying to keep peace on this topic / ESF forums; Pleace post nicely. I would love to hear all sides of suggestions.

Thank you all very much for reading all this.

Hugs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i bet you the first three ppl that posted are the same person with multi accounts

Best answers
i bet you the first three ppl that posted are the same person with multi accounts
How much money are we talking about?
=p

actually I have a question...
In Esf 1.2 in the middle of a swoop if we press "f" to stop flying it actually happens but it is not happening in Esf 1.3
is this a bug or a modification Kong Kong?

Best answers
Ahahah, ask for ip checking so...

I posted on orkut and on my clan's forum, giving "reply suggestions (like "I agree"), just to show that I was talking the very truth when I said that we voted for the suggestions!

o/

And JoSe... They talked about that on the Open Beta news, at this moment you need to press "e" or "q" to stop dashing/swooping, let's just wait for that. ^^

Best answers
Ok, sweet, but that's not my point...
when you press "e" or "q" in Esf 1.3 you actually stop... literally... but in 1.2 when you press "f" you stop flying, but keeps the inercia, until you get in the ground

Best answers
Ok, sweet, but that's not my point...
when you press "e" or "q" in Esf 1.3 you actually stop... literally... but in 1.2 when you press "f" you stop flying, but keeps the inercia, until you get in the ground
That's why I told you that we have to press "e" or "q" at this moment and we need to WAAAAAAAAAIT for they to fix it. ;)

From www.esforces.com: "To stop dash or swoop prematurely, the block or powerup key can be pressed. Block + Fly allows 'gliding' - temporary solution".

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're not fixing it, or atleast that's the impression I got. Which totally sucks, gliding is a major part of 1.2, I don't remember anyone asking to remove it....

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can still glide by pressing block and then F right after, like a 2 button combination.
It's better than nothing but it's hard to perform under high ping =/ at least for me.

Best answers
Its not a good system, here's hoping they realise this and stop going down the whole psuedo Sparking Neo road.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll fight for what i thinks right... =\ doesnt help that some of the team think the new movement system was completely successful. =\ personally, i think its anything but.

personally I think my own suggestions were pretty good for this, found here: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68622 just dont think i've got enough backing for it to stand up in meeting time, doesnt help that team meetings usually occur the night i go play snooker and go to the pub with my mates =\

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pseudo being the key word.

Drifting was supposed to be re-added, but the whole binary swoop system (which is the worst possible idea for ESF ever) is screwing everything up. Why do we need two swoops? For the new advanced melee, of course! We're not allowed to say what a bad idea the integration of the new advanced melee will be, because we haven't tried it yet. The same thing happened with the last advanced melee. We all know how that ended up.

Smoke and mirrors, I guess.

Best answers
We're not allowed to say what a bad idea the integration of the new advanced melee will be, because we haven't tried it yet. Smoke and mirrors, I guess.
Totally agreed, that's why I didn't pointed anything to be done about that, I just said that the Orkut community was concerned with the way of moving of ESF 1.3, will it just look well? Will it give us some challenge? I just wanted to let the team know what my pals and me would like to keep from 1.2.X (the hard play of the game).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're all concerned about the direction ESF seems to be heading, and some of us are concerned about how disconnected the team seems to be from the community, or at least the part of the community that actually plays the game. Most people don't realize this but very, very few people who post on these forums actually play ESF on a regular basis. The problem is that when something like the Open Beta comes along, the people who never play decide to try it out and say how awesome X and Y are. Meanwhile, the people who actually play are trying to explain that X doesn't work out at all and Y needs to be tweaked. But because the people who don't normally play far outnumber the people who do on this forum, it seems like the team is voting for the majority, when that just isn't the case.

The people who don't normally play don't care what happens to the game, because...duh, they don't normally play. The rest of us like this game, want to keep playing it, and don't want it to get screwed up because someone suddenly has the idea to throw everything away and copy a mediocre game. In the end, we're probably going to get shafted again, but we'll deal with it, and the same people who have always been good at the game will become top tier players in 1.3; something the team was hoping to avoid. But, as always, we'll get bored of being "numba 1" due to the system, and we'll leave, new players will join, get their asses handed to them by the next best players, leave, so on and so forth. It happened in 1.2, and it will happen in 1.3 unless they take the pro level into consideration this time. Attracting new players is all fine and dandy, but we need something that makes us:

1) Want to become "pros"
2) Want to stick around when we're pros.

That would keep people from leaving, give people a long term goal, and would make the ESF experience enjoyable for all. Most of the time, the best players are kind enough to take the time to teach everyone else how to play, so they'll be providing the next generation of pros with the know-how.

It's win-win for all. Stop forgetting about us.

Best answers
Very, very very very nice reply.

That's all I wanted to say;

Anyways, I think that this "kind players who teaches everyone else" are growing since the last years/months of ESF 1.2.X.

We, from the Orkut community, are always doing our best to bring more people to this game, we already did things like translate big tutorials to another languages; An example: http://iacovella.sites.uol.com.br/Manualinstalarsteam.htm

Well Agamemnon, you just said everything, hope all this gold words chock our loved team's head. ^^

Stop forgetting about us, fellow ESF players.

Best answers
We're all concerned about the direction ESF seems to be heading, and some of us are concerned about how disconnected the team seems to be from the community, or at least the part of the community that actually plays the game. Most people don't realize this but very, very few people who post on these forums actually play ESF on a regular basis. The problem is that when something like the Open Beta comes along, the people who never play decide to try it out and say how awesome X and Y are. Meanwhile, the people who actually play are trying to explain that X doesn't work out at all and Y needs to be tweaked. But because the people who don't normally play far outnumber the people who do on this forum, it seems like the team is voting for the majority, when that just isn't the case.

The people who don't normally play don't care what happens to the game, because...duh, they don't normally play. The rest of us like this game, want to keep playing it, and don't want it to get screwed up because someone suddenly has the idea to throw everything away and copy a mediocre game. In the end, we're probably going to get shafted again, but we'll deal with it, and the same people who have always been good at the game will become top tier players in 1.3; something the team was hoping to avoid. But, as always, we'll get bored of being "numba 1" due to the system, and we'll leave, new players will join, get their asses handed to them by the next best players, leave, so on and so forth. It happened in 1.2, and it will happen in 1.3 unless they take the pro level into consideration this time. Attracting new players is all fine and dandy, but we need something that makes us:

1) Want to become "pros"
2) Want to stick around when we're pros.

That would keep people from leaving, give people a long term goal, and would make the ESF experience enjoyable for all. Most of the time, the best players are kind enough to take the time to teach everyone else how to play, so they'll be providing the next generation of pros with the know-how.

It's win-win for all. Stop forgetting about us.
One of the smartest posts I've read in a long time, I agree completely.

The team as a whole doesnt seem to distinguish between the Esf forum community and the actual Esf community (or doesnt want to)

I'll always take the opinions of a regular player more seriously than someone here who hasnt had HL on their hdd for three years.

Who knows, maybe the people who actually play the game on a regular basis might actually know what made it good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well said, I agree 99% (as some of the team share the same view of course D: )

Unfortunately i can tell you right now the responses that'd come from some of the team. Which is, 1.3 is meant to be a new version, meant to be played differently, and you're all just scared of change =/. I dont agree with this, but you must see where some of them are coming from, they think they've got a great idea of how to solve problems, change things, make it better, and from their viewpoint it may seem that way. However we do all know that what may seem like a good idea from an "outside" view is not always the best thing, we must think about what keeps the current player base instead of throwing idea's in that are too concrete to adapt and ultimately may disagree with what's kept the players for so long.

I dunno, I really think there is a gap between a lot of the team and the player-base, to be honest I really do wish that those that played the game regularly and didnt come to the forum, did come here, because there are many things that are being left unsaid. It's hard enough to back up points when the "unable to change" or "this is a new system" line is played, it doesn't help that there's hardly anywhere that can be pointed to and say "this is what the players think" because I hate to say it, but pro's get ignored, and nobody else seems to comment on the really good idea's, and criticism turns into arguments rather than an expression of ones opinion, and thus is easily ignored.

I'd really like to encourage people of being more vigilant in the suggestion section and discussions that go on in here, after all this open beta is the best thing that's happened to esf since 1.2, and despite it being open beta there are major problems just not being addressed. We cant take opinions into consideration if nobody replies, and unfortunately it doesn't bode well when its only the same people who are replying on certain topics.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hate to say it, but I really don't see that happening. For the most part, the players think the forum is dull, and there's no point in coming here. Once you're labelled a "pro", the value of your opinion is divided by 12. No one wants to deal with the hassles and drama that comes with the status.

Personally, I'm probably going to avoid making any suggestions, mostly because I'm not going to suggest something little. I'd suggest something big that I believe would completely alter ESF in a positive way. What are the responses to that?

"That's awesome!"
"Good idea!"
"Well, the system isn't finished yet so we're just going to wait and see."

Yeah, not worth typing up a huge post if nothing is going to change because a theoretical system hasn't been implemented yet. As far as I'm concerned, the team will allow minor suggestions and alterations, but if you're suggestion conflicts with their "Master Plan" i.e. Tenkaichi: HL Edition, they'll probably look at it, say "That's interesting." and forget about it. I haven't seen anything to dispute my observation, so I'm going to hang onto it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom