Two new guns!

Best answers
Hey i just made two new guns (Darkside skinned em) they're the cannons from the Buster gundam, hope ya like em ^^

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They look really nice, realistic feel to it as well. Good job, and special props to the skinner. :yes:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice model, keep up the good work.

Best answers
grOOvy said:
They look really nice, realistic feel to it as well. Good job, and special props to the skinner. :yes:
What ? Where do you see a realistic feel to it ?

As for my crits :
The color you picked is nice, I like that, however the edges have too much light on them , also, the weapon looks like it's been terribly abused by it's owner, Scraches EVERYWHERE ; that's also a thing you should remove . Try making it more clean and add some dark areas on small parts, that will defenatly wake up a realistic feel to it . Anyways, the front metal is pretty god job, just fix up the skratches and it'll be awesome . Good work .

Best answers
the scratches help to give it a realistic feel to it... (its a weapon so there is gonna be abuse to it) and its suppose to be that color cuz it is in the show, and there are no small parts to add cuz thats what it looks like in the show

Best answers
|::Z::| Cloud said:
the scratches help to give it a realistic feel to it... (its a weapon so there is gonna be abuse to it) and its suppose to be that color cuz it is in the show, and there are no small parts to add cuz thats what it looks like in the show
Is that so ? Sow me a picture from the show then . And erm, scratches aren't what gives realistic feel to weapons, so you've got that wrong .

Best answers
the purpose of scratchs is to give it a worn in feel but realism is done by imitating lighting proporties on surfaces byt doing things like clarity and glossiness

Best answers
YaGlo said:
the purpose of scratchs is to give it a worn in feel but realism is done by imitating lighting proporties on surfaces byt doing things like clarity and glossiness
In a way yes . All that scratches do is make it look busted and very very old . But skinning weapons is a difference on how to give them realistic feel . Alot of weapons are both colorful and different then metal only , which also means each weapon has it's way of being skinned . Some actually fit quite well with alot of skratches , but not all . (For example a heavy marine field rifle , or a old , very old gun or so) . But these new high tech bazookas and so should defeantly not have many skratches , Just proper lighting and darkess also some edges light .

Best answers
Dude its a weapon... its gonna get scratches from all the various battles just like all other weapons, plus we're not goin for a cell shaded look here, the weapon is shaped and colored as it was in the show but Darkside also made the skin feel more realistic/worn wit the scratches and made it feel more like its been thru some tough battles, i think doin that gives the weapon more character and a lil less plain than just makin the weapon look perfectly new even after a few hundred battles

Best answers
the gundam that uses those weapons has been using the same weapons for the whole series, they are going to get busted up pretty nicely from so many battles. So yes they are old and busted up. And i skin the weapons to be just as busted up as the gundams that use them. It would look odd for a busted up gundam to be using brand new weapons

Best answers
Sorrow i Hate to be the one to tell u this but ....... Ur a ****ing Moron haha next time instead of trying to criticise others work know what the hell ur talking about. key word is "trying" and u failed at it :D

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No Burns Man lol, Anyways, I Dont Think You Know That The Weapon Has Been In Hundreds Of Battle's, Plus Would'nt It Be Hard To Fix Those Little Niks And Scratch's With The Weapon Being Made With Like The Strongest Metal?.. O_O , I Dont Watch Gundam Much But, I Heard They Were Made With Like Some Titaniam Aloy Or Somthin Like The Strongest Metal Or Somthin Like That..lol

Best answers
you haveta consider how big these mechs are compared to a person and to fix those scratches could take quite a while wasting their time to worry about other things like weapons and ammo and other mechanical problems

Best answers
there is something that bugs me on the first screenshot. The metal/green parts lighting flips vertically. Also, on the pic where you actually see kind of the inside of the gun... where is all of that light coming from? other then that, looks gravey. good job to both of you.

Edit - Also, on the pic where you see the green screen... shouldnt the actual screen be facing the opposite way?

Best answers
the lighting in the VET rendering program isn't that great, it lights everything up and shines it like crazy, and the green screen is facing the front of the gun o_O

Best answers
i just wanted to say something bout the textur. its f*****g great... It gives it the real feel of a gundam weapon and as for the guy who said bout the scratches MAN WHAT ARE U THINKING look at the size of gundams its bound to have scratches not like they treat their weapons nice is it like shine them up dude u should watch gundam before u comment.

Best answers
teamhexchris said:
Sorrow i Hate to be the one to tell u this but ....... Ur a ****ing Moron haha next time instead of trying to criticise others work know what the hell ur talking about. key word is "trying" and u failed at it :D
Hilarious , just hilarious .
You however failed at the spelling class , and I won't waste time on trying to sink to your level.

On topic :
Umm, I've never watched Gundam, but I am sure they wouldn't send out their troops to battle in worn out guns that look like they would break any second . Adding scratches does not make your model in any way look more realistic (At least not the way you do so). I'm telling you a way you actually can create a better skin , and most of you won't listen. We even have a mr.retard telling me how I failed at doing critisizm , when he himself even failed at typing what I did wrong. How low is that ?
Adding this big amount of dodge tool on your skin just ruins it, especially the scratches you made . I've skinned a couple of guns before , and I used to do about the same thing back when I still was learning the way of doing metal , and I'm telling you , take your time and test out various brushes , they'll make your skin look way better even if you have the same amount of skratches . There are a couple of good parts on the weapon, and the weapon itself is not too bad , but if you really want to aim for a realistic look to it, I suggest you take a look around on how to improove your metal work . Other then that I got nothing to tell you , even if I do direct you to anything , idiots will just keep on comming and telling me how retarded I am for trying to help out :/ . (Which is quite entertaining actually). Good luck on the skin .

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
teamhexchris said:
teamhexchris I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you just received a warning for flaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom