Trunkses burning attack

Best answers
hi and please post your thoughts on trunkses burning attack i think it is far too weak for the fact that you cant move while casting it and how much ki it uses
thanks

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it takes all of 3 seconds to charge, so its not really a problem.

But i do think trunks needs a good powerstruggling beam.

Best answers
yeah no kidding, i made the mistake of trying to ps against a generic beam and i got owned horribly, trunks simply cannot ps at the moment

Best answers
good point trunks does need a good ps beam although i never have had a ps because i play on dial up

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well there is a beam, i dont know what its called, but u shoudl see the "free the futere" episode in the cell games saga, there he uses a powerfull beam to kill of cell

Best answers
Trunks is a melee character.
Although, Finishing buster can be used to PS.
If you throw a finishing buster at a beam, you can teleport away.
Or keep throwing busters at it, and if you want to PS, just throw a GB(Generic beam) at it.

Most of the time; If you're lucky to be the only one that is transformed in the game.
You can win a PS with a GB.

Best answers
For once I am in agreement with GoldSaiyan, Trunks is a melee character. You SHOULD fail with him if you use him any other way. Get creative and instead of trying to directly ps, charge Finishing Buster to low power, throw it into the oncoming Kame, then teleport to the side and throw another FB, charged higher. That's about the only way to effectively fight at long ranges with Trunks. Use the fact that you transform faster also; a fully charged and turboed gen beam as an SSJ can overcome a fully charged Kame with enough distance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no no the thing is everyone expects burning attack to be this mega beam

when u know what it ISNT

its ment as an aid to melee because trunks is 100% melee he is all about melee he isnt about beams or balls or ki attacks

Best answers
burning attack shouldn't even be a beam; in the episode where trunks fought frieza he teleported to a hill, did the quick arm thing, yelled "HEY, FRIEZA!!" and fired. you could clearly see it was a ball, NOT a beam. frieza managed to dodge it, but was sliced in half by trunks after that :devgrin:

Best answers
no because in history of trunks special where trunks is fighting the andriods he uses burning attack and it destroys everything but the andriods and it is clearly a beam not a ball
thanks

Best answers
If trunks is all about melee shouldnt he be a bit faster? (hes like the second slowest character)?

Best answers
haha yeah, Trunks is a melee character, even in the show. But do you notice that even in the show he sucks? He hardly ever wins, and the only time he rapes people is when he has some kind of helpful intervention.

eg He has to travel back in time to find villans like frieza that are weaker than him :p
eg He has to train several years in the past to be able to beat the androids in the future

Not that Trunks isn't cool, but he is kind of the super saiyin with no steam. :p

Best answers
No steam, hmmm I seem to remember every time the androids whooped his ass the next day when he healed he try’s to go kill them... and when his father was going to let cell Combine with 18 he shot his father to the other side of the world with a huge ass beam (which he should have to ps with) so I think he’s got steam..... but he should be faster if he is a melee based character, and if you guys at esf wanted him to be a melee based character you should have made the burning attack a ball so he could shot and move instead of standing trying to hit some one with a beam.

Best answers
Trunks is ok the way he is. Just don't say the same stuff hundreds of times again.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it isnt burning attack that he uses in the trunks special cuz he dont do the 5 pentagrams with his arms at the start and he doesnt touch his index fingers together, only his thumbs, and he doesnt say "burning attack!" even in the japanese version of the trunks special, but in the jap version of the episode he uses it on freiza he dont say "hey freiza" he sez "burning attack!"........ neway burning attack isnt a beam attack, it isnt in the original manga, and it was ment to be a lot stronger than in the game...............

Best answers
The burning attack is meant to blind people not to ps with, it doesnt need to be any stronger, and yes trunks is the slowest character in the game,but if you made him faster he would have a huge advantage seeming as he already has the sword. But i remember Trunks firing a beam a ussj vegeta when vegeta was going to let cell find #18 and the beam sent vegeta flying, but it might have been the finishing buster i cant remeber.

Best answers
People keep saying how awesome this sword is, I don't see any difference between that and regular melee, but yeah it could have been the finishing buster that he shot. Davidskiwan you are right about the burning attack.

Best answers
Originally posted by dillinger smith
People keep saying how awesome this sword is, I don't see any difference between that and regular melee.
Yeah, I could not agree more, I see all this talk of how awesome this sword is and what not. Have any of you that keep stating this used it before? It looks more like an animation to me with an instant kill at 20% health. Of course I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom