Troopergate

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Earlier today:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska lawmakers have emerged from a private session in Anchorage where they spent more than six hours discussing a politically charged ethics report into Gov. Sarah Palin's firing of her state public safety commissioner.

The legislative panel began its public session by discussing whether to release the report's findings. The investigation was examining whether Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, fired a state commissioner to settle a family dispute. The report was also expected to touch on whether Palin's husband meddled in state affairs and whether her administration inappropriately accessed employee medical records.

Critics claim Palin fired Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan after months of pressure on him to fire Mike Wooten, a state trooper involved in a nasty divorce and custody dispute with the governor's sister.

Lawmakers indicated they planned to release the report even though there was disagreement about its findings.

"I think there are some problems in this report," Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens. "I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye."
An hour ago:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – A legislative committee investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has found she unlawfully abused her authority in firing the state's public safety commissioner.

The investigative report concludes that a family grudge wasn't the sole reason for firing Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan but says it likely was a contributing factor.

The Republican vice presidential nominee has been accused of firing a commissioner to settle a family dispute. Palin supporters have called the investigation politically motivated.

Monegan says he was dismissed as retribution for resisting pressure to fire a state trooper involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister. Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/ap_on_el_ge/palin_troopergate;_ylt=AgMR2rrfZxNVsUIF1dvO06Ks0NUE

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't say it's a surprise people are finding out more about a politician's past. When you're running for a position this high up, people are going to find out everything about you. There's no getting past that.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course they're calling it politically motivated, the republicans have a certain knack for spinning everything negative about them as partisan, left-wing, liberal, etc and so on.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the silver-platter Obama is on... has just turned to gold.

Best answers
And yet, the Republicans will be victorious. Last I heard, Obama was still slightly behind McCain.

Unless the Belgian press is very much mistaken.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And yet, the Republicans will be victorious. Last I heard, Obama was still slightly behind McCain.

Unless the Belgian press is very much mistaken.
The Belgian press is incredibly mistaken. Like, "Water is made of magic" mistaken. As far as the popular vote goes, Obama is leading 51% to 42% according to gallup. As for the electoral college, Obama has a 90.4% (343 electoral votes) chance of winning the presidency, and McCain has a .5% (184 electoral votes) chance of winning.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Reactions: sub
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's bad what she did. I truly do, but man, trying to bury it and stonewall everything made it 10x the news story it woulda been. She shoulda rolled with the investigation like she said she would originally. When she got busted for it, she shoulda passed it off as protecting her sister or w/e / getting revenge on the guy who hurt her family. I think it woulda survived one news cycle a month ago and then have been promptly forgotten.

G
I believe the silver-platter Obama is on... has just turned to gold.
No matter what colour you paint it, a wooden platter is still made of wood.

Sarah Palin should be fired for this story.. But people will consider this the conclusion and drop it. Hell, she should have been dismissed for the email hacking story.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, if someone fired me for reason other than my inability to do my job, i'd sue their ass to hell for unfair dismissal.

G
Okay then, so if you were a manager at a supermarket.. Would you sue someone for firing you for using your power to fire all the trolley carriers because they bullied your son?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay then, so if you were a manager at a supermarket.. Would you sue someone for firing you for using your power to fire all the trolley carriers because they bullied your son?
He was defending the Trooper.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imho Sarah Palin is nothing more than a box ticker for the falloff from all the women rooting for a female president that was denied when Obama won over Hillary. Shallow I know, but I can't possibly think there's another reason that she was chosen.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imho Sarah Palin is nothing more than a box ticker for the falloff from all the women rooting for a female president that was denied when Obama won over Hillary. Shallow I know, but I can't possibly think there's another reason that she was chosen.
It definitely has to do with t and a, but she's personable, sociable, and incredibly stupid.

You know. She's just like me!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not for anything, but this trooper discharged his tazer into his stepson because his step son was defending his mom from spousal abuse. I have many cops in my familiy, you'd be lucky to not get fired after that. This jackass needed to be fired, as did the man above him. I'm not saying that clears Sarah Palin, I'm just pointing out what a piece of turd the leftists are saying should still have his job as a public protection figure.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not for anything, but this trooper discharged his tazer into his stepson because his step son was defending his mom from spousal abuse. I have many cops in my familiy, you'd be lucky to not get fired after that. This jackass needed to be fired, as did the man above him. I'm not saying that clears Sarah Palin, I'm just pointing out what a piece of turd the leftists are saying should still have his job as a public protection figure.
Those leftists want things done through the proper channels. If he's such a horrible trooper, she could have made her case rather than leaning on people to get him fired for personal reasons.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those leftists want things done through the proper channels. If he's such a horrible trooper, she could have made her case rather than leaning on people to get him fired for personal reasons.
Thomas Jefferson 2

She's really making trouble for herself, if he was horrible she should have stated it and fired him. Not do it so it causes a commotion. And that's if it wasn't for personal reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom