TRON-Like Map

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea where I got this idea from... Anyway, it's nothing special, even so I thought it was a cool idea:

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7260/tronlikemap0000uo9.png

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8505/tronlikemap0001ym1.png

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1144/tronlikemap0002re3.png

This isn't really going to be made into a map, I just thought it would be a change of pace since most of the maps for ESF are based in city's, Dragon Ball landmarks, etcetera. I do however plan to use this idea to make a map, though I don't know when that's going to happen since I still have to finish the Volcano Arena map, plus many more after that.

I'm usually paranoid when showing off my mapping ideas, fearing that someone will take the idea that they didn't think of and make a map much better than mine, but hey, we can't all be winners I guess. Also I don't think this is an original idea for a map, though I never seen one similiar to this, especially in ESF. I could be wrong of course, but eh... what can I say?

On a side note I've been looking at the possibility of being able to move around the sides of a brush without falling off, such as a sphere. It would seem that some coding is required to make this happen but it might be simplier than that, and I'm currently researching into it.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Nice idea..perhabs a bit empty...don't know^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love to play in a big map with walls that looks like that. :3

It would be easy to track opponents and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice map man, great and very original idea, and just sue someone if they steal your idea, or somehow put a trademark and copyright on, lol.

But really, I'm looking forward to this map, but do'nt forget about the others man! Maps are like babies, you can't just throw them away, you have to care for them until they are grown up and old enough to take care of themselves, so finish a map before forgetting about it! ;)

Best answers
Yeah very original idea, and great idea. Would be a nice map to play in.

Best answers
That is the simplest map I have ever seen in my life LOL, but I would get great FPS in that map.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made that map as a preview and what you see in the screenshots won't be the whole map. When I get around to making the actual map it will be much larger than what you see in the screenshots, plus there will be a lot more stuff added. The map in the screenshots wasn't very simple, it took me half the night to figure out how to get what you see in the screenshots to work and there are still some things I need to fix. The first "draft" took me 4 hours to compile, but even then it wasn't half way through.

I have to finish my other maps first before I start on this one, though there is a good chance that I will start working on this one pretty soon. Usually when I have a good map idea I stick with it until I come up with another which is basically why I never finish any of the maps I started. I still have a few ideas that I want to try out, so stick around.

Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom