Tribes Vengance

Best answers
This game FAR surpasses my expectations of what it could of possibly been, i just recently got into the beta via fileplanet but it is worth it the game plays smooth as butter.

The improvements are,
Energypack, no longer does it sustain u longer in the air or is needed to fire the sniper rifle, it provides u a quick boost of speed.

Repair pack, no more getting caught with no energy, the repair pack is auto once activated repairing anything in radius, and using its own energy.

Speed pack, this is new it gives u a quick burst of running speed.

Shield pack, hated those shield pack heavys as much as i did? No more, the shield pack only works for about 2 seconds then it is depeleted.

The sniper rifle has had a major upgrade, instead of lazer it now fires a highly sped up armor piercing shot, but it only has 10 shots.

Disc launcher, gotta love the classics a great weapon indeed, only improvement i have seen is that it reloads faster.

The grenade launcher, another classic, however i have seen no improvements besides graphics.

Rocket pod, now i think this is new i can't remember, u use them then u guide where they will hit.

Mortar, no more being hit by a silent explosive, mortars now give off a falling sharp sound when they are comming down.

Burner, this was known as the plasma gun in the previous installments of the game. Now it is called the burner, feeding off your energy and able to catch enemys or areas ablaze.

The buckler, now this weapon and defensive item is weird, i haven't mastered it yet but u can use it to shield ur self from light fight, or throw it as a boomerang guiding it to hit ur opponent, then calling it back.

The grappler, Why tribes needed a grappling hook i don't know, u can reel ur self in or hang there on a ship if u didn't get in, in time.

The chain gun, standard chaingun, i think im not sure that it can overheat, cause i never experimented with it, the side of my chaingun went into a bright red over extensive use for more experimenting has to be done.

Blaster, its like a shot gun.

Fallback weapon, this is new, unlike before where ur default was a tiny blast, u now have a melee weapon on ur gauntlet that sparks with energy to pierce armor.

Now onto the baisc gameplay additions.

Ragdollphysics will play a big role in the deaths, when u die ur jetpack uses all the energy so expect to see flying dead corpses.

I have seen no destructable terrain as of yet i will keep my eye out.

Skiing, truly one of the best improvements yet, if u have played tribes u know the best way to get a nice boost, is to fall from a good height onto a slope, and slide down to the other side the jetpack. Well they have added skiing which is little jets on the bottom of the back of ur boots, then u ski to gain speed, and fly with the pack, skiing takes no additional energy.

The vehicles i have seen are:

The Figher, it is a gyro 360%, of pure missle fire power, but its hp is limited.

The Jump Tank, a odd name no? It is called the jump tank because it can jump, harvesting a long range cannon stronger then a mortar on the top of it, and a vulcan for close encounters, u don't want to go head to head with it.

The rover, also known as the apc i believe im not sure, it is called the all terrain vehicle, also known as the rover, It has a jetbooster on the back, as well as a inv station. Harvesting a double plasma cannon on the top, its a nasty little vehicle.

The assault ship, This one is one of my favorites, it has a bomb with inf ammo where u can shoot it straight out of bomb bases, but the reloading time is awful.

I have probably violated the NDA but im sure someone out there has done the same, should i lose beta so be it, for the ppl who didn't know here ya go.
I will take screen shots if i can find the button adios for now ppl.

Anymore questions ask away.

Best answers
Sounds like a GREAT game. I loved Tribes 2, too bad I lost my account or I would still be playing it, can't register more than one key at a time.
But yeah, wish I could get into this beta, always been a big Tribes fan.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SHAZBOT!!!

I used to play Tribes 2 religiously... and I can only expect this game to be a huge improvement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SHAZBOT, amen!

I LOVED TRIBES 2. In fact, I was a general for a small crew of ragtag soldiers called the Advanced Alliance.

We once joined the losing team in a pub server and saved the day. It was the best round of any multiplayer I ever played on fun factor.

Best answers
The shazbot has advanced to tribes vengance, I love how u can now say damnit as well, cause its not limited to just kids.

No blood so far, the gameplay is smooth, a few bugs but it is to be expected.

If i can i will take some ss's and post them.

There doesn't seem to be a button, and printscreening = null sorry guys =/. Any suggestions on how i could would be highly appreciated lol.

Best answers
You could try using FRAPS. PrtScn, and pasting into Paint doesn't work?

Best answers
Nopes prnt screen will not work, it becomes a null black screen.

Best answers
Alrighty, truly sorry about the double post but i have found a way to take screenshots and heres a few examples with narration.

This first one is simply a picture of a imperial tribesman, spawning in(the pictures are taken in high detail but the quality dropped from what they originaly looked like for some reason).

This one is the jump tank, a massive tank with a tiny cannon that packs a wallop.

Say hello the the 360% fighter, its a nice little gyro isn't it?

This is the All Terrain Rover, as if u couldn't tell.

Okay this one is a bit tricky but i have marked the places with letters and will explain what each is.

A: The new and improved inventory stations.
B: These are deployable mines.
C: Emergency repair kits, when ur inventory station is down, don't fret anymore.
D: Deployable Turrets, while they may be useless sometimes, in mass numbers and placed right there are quite good.

B

Best answers
Continuing with the screenshots sorry mods, this is a triple post don't warn me plz =(.

Remember that melee weapon i mentioned called the fall back weapon? This was the only shot i could get that wouldn't corrupt, the energy blazing on it corrupted so u get the bland version, sorry =(.

The lights on his feet, those are the skis, hit the ground with those, grapple onto a enemy and hold on for ur life, its a thrill ride that doesn't end.
(I my self, grappled onto a rover, enemy rover and started skiing behind it, it was awesome).

Bloodeagle did always have their own skin types, well nothing has changed and they have been upgraded, compare imperial with blood eagle.

Of course i didn't forget u heavy fans, because i took these in my own game, i couldn't get a front shot, but u still get to see the jet power of a heavy sorry ill try harder next time.

Thats all for now guys, any requests gimme a jingle, these are in high detail on all settings, vertex shader 2.0, res 1028x748, There is a ultra high setting but im not touching it till i upgrade my card.

Best answers
PhotoBucket seems to be acting odd tonight, first time I've EVER seen problems with photobucket. Will edit when the pictures are up again.

*EDIT*

Game looks AMAZING. It might not be top in graphics, but damn, it looks like major fun, I HATE GAMESPY!!!

Best answers
Ya photobucket is flippy tonight, they will be visible eventually im sure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so whats this game about? looks impressive. is it like utk2005 games and halo combined or something?

does it run good on a 256 hard-drive of space? lol

Best answers
It auto chose all high detail for me when im running on
1.7mhz, 1028 ram, geforce 4 ti 4200 128, amd athlon 2100+

The game has parts of the havoc engine and parts of tribes its self, its a game based on ctf but they have new modes i haven't tried yet, one called fuel etc.

The main thing is, u have a base on each side, it has a generator which is the power cell, inventory stations which changes ur weapons/armor type and packs, deployable turrets,inv stations,repair stations.

The vehicles are dmg based now, they will explode as to nothing happening.

As to running on 256? i dunno lol.

If u have a credit card just subscribe to fileplanet for 8$'s then download it get ur key, then unsubscribe its that easy to get into the beta tada. Im a member but im just giving u a easy way to get in, just get the basic plan, don't go for the founders club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom