Transforming/PL

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What's the quickest way to gain PL? The only way i see myself is doing combo's, but that takes forever to boost my PL, so what's the quickest way?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's an amxx plugin that will let you change your PL. That's probably the quickest way :p

There's a capture the dragonball mode where you can wish for PL, but I don't think that works for any of the default 1.2.3 maps.

So I guess simple melee is probably the quickest way. You have to be pretty good, though....

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yes. I wanna ask. Since ESF 1.3 will have many levels of transformation, what will gaining PL in that be like?

Cause I mean hell, I noticed if you wanna get SSJ3, you need 8,000,000 PL, and I assume that's in BASE, like other transformations. 8,000,000 would be several hours, and if you crashed or lagged out, you'd have to start all over again. I know plugins exist to save PL or change PL as you said.

I'm just curious as to how it's handled in 1.3 due to the new transformations and slow buildup of PL. It takes me 10 to 15 minutes on average to get my trans if I start as Vegata or so.

Really, are you going to make PL easier to get due to the increased requirements? How will it be handled? Thank you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isnt there are command for PL in 1.3?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Make your own thread, i'm here trying to get help. jesus. >.>

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

There's an amxx plugin that will let you change your PL. That's probably the quickest way :p

There's a capture the dragonball mode where you can wish for PL, but I don't think that works for any of the default 1.2.3 maps.

So I guess simple melee is probably the quickest way. You have to be pretty good, though....
Thanks, i found it. The only problem is when i type in the commands, nothing happens. X_X

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make your own thread, i'm here trying to get help. jesus. >.>
Calm down kid.

Just a simple question based on the Topic of PL.

Sheesh.. Seems Manners need to be transformed.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You installed the plugin correctly, edited the plugins.ini file and all that jazz? It should work =S

There are two plugins that I know of that change PL.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=73754 and http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=95688. They both work fine, but if you can't get one to work, maybe try the other.

Oh yes. I wanna ask. Since ESF 1.3 will have many levels of transformation, what will gaining PL in that be like?

Cause I mean hell, I noticed if you wanna get SSJ3, you need 8,000,000 PL, and I assume that's in BASE, like other transformations. 8,000,000 would be several hours, and if you crashed or lagged out, you'd have to start all over again. I know plugins exist to save PL or change PL as you said.

I'm just curious as to how it's handled in 1.3 due to the new transformations and slow buildup of PL. It takes me 10 to 15 minutes on average to get my trans if I start as Vegata or so.

Really, are you going to make PL easier to get due to the increased requirements? How will it be handled? Thank you.
So here's the deal. In 1.0 / 1.1, the server calculated the average PL of everyone in the server. When a player died, their PL moved towards the server average. This meant that new players could transform relatively fast, but more experienced players sort of hit a road block in how high their PL would go. That was on by default. There was an option to turn it off. In 1.2.3, it's off by default. That kind of ****s over the new players, but experienced players are happy.

I remember reading this on the forum a while back, I'm not sure if it's implemented yet or if its even still planned, but 1.3 might have a hybrid of that system. If you die and your PL is below the server average, your PL will move towards the server average when you respawn. If you die and your PL is above the server average, your PL will not go down. This would help people gain PL / transform quicker if it were implemented, though again, I have no idea if it's still planned.

I think the team wants someone to be able to fully transform in under an hour?

Best answers
the fastest way to gain pl, is not die, and while you are alive, USE TURBO, NORMAL MELE TWICE INTO GROUND HIT THE 3RD AND TURBO BEAM. fastest way to gain. ;)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You actually probably shouldn't use turbo, though it doesn't make too much of a difference

Best answers
You actually probably shouldn't use turbo, though it doesn't make too much of a difference
watch your pl gain next time you play. or... time your self how fast to 2 mill turbo and without. :\ i used 2, american style is the most effective way, turbo 2 hit, and then 3rd on ground or celling, and then turbo beam, if your quick you can add a turbo beam ball first...

Best answers
You installed the plugin correctly, edited the plugins.ini file and all that jazz? It should work =S

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=73754 and http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=95688. They both work fine, but if you can't get one to work, maybe try the other.

So here's the deal. In 1.0 / 1.1, the server calculated the average PL of everyone in the server. When a player died, their PL moved towards the server average. This meant that new players could transform relatively fast, but more experienced players sort of hit a road block in how high their PL would go. That was on by default. There was an option to turn it off. In 1.2.3, it's off by default. That kind of ****s over the new players, but experienced players are happy.

I remember reading this on the forum a while back, I'm not sure if it's implemented yet or if its even still planned, but 1.3 might have a hybrid of that system. If you die and your PL is below the server average, your PL will move towards the server average when you respawn. If you die and your PL is above the server average, your PL will not go down. This would help people gain PL / transform quicker if it were implemented, though again, I have no idea if it's still planned.

I think the team wants someone to be able to fully transform in under an hour?
Yeah that'd make sense with what they're trying to do, so I could see them doing it.

Also, if players have more health and fights last longer, you'll always be in combat and there won't be much down time in between. I think that might have kind of an effect on how fast it rises. Like if each player has that much more PL, then you'll gain more PL from fighting them as well, so it's like a doubled effect.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

The most likely problem is that the readme files and instructions are beyond terrible. They leave out quite a bit.

On another note, i downloaded the 1st link there. Are the commands the same: esf_powerlevel "name" "ammount". Also do i need quotes in the in-game message for it to work?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can use them if you want or not use them if you dont want. Should work both ways if the pluggin is any good.

Then again a test should take no less than 20 seconds >.>

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then again a test should take no less than 20 seconds >.>
Not when your ntoe sure if the mod was installed correctly even after re-checking about 6 times. I say the Esf_powerlevel "my esfname" "number" right? And in the in-game chat by pressing Y?

Do i need to do anything after editing those files/ Make a certain kind of server or something? It just doesnt seem to work.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not in the game chat.

Into the console. Thats a console command.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry, this is actually my 3rd day playing this, heh. How do i get to console command?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just open the console. Its the button left of the number 1 and below escape.

Though what that button really is depends on your keyboard layout ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom