Transformers O.O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG dude. I could scare the **** outta my cat with that. XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol...my brain hurts just imagining how you design something to work like that...ouch...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly can't believe they robots can ascertain that kind of fluidity of motion. Of course, it was probably done by a bunch of motion-capture suits, but the fact that the bots can adjust themselves so that they remain perfectly balanced is really astounding. Robots are not just the clunking beeping metallic-voiced droids people invisioned in the 60's anymore.

It sort of frightens me just how in-depth computers can think with the right programming, at least through means of logic. For instance, there is a computer program that allows one (who knows the coded language the program uses) to ask their computer questions, with the computer identifying itself as an entity, fully aware that it is artificial.

I once read one of the conversations held between the computer and user. The conversation had to be translated because the responses were in code, but generally, the user asked things like what a human was, and what humans normally sought in life. It was quite intruiging what the logic engine perceived of human beings and their wants from a 3rd person perspective from us.

The user asked the computer if it was a human. It responded the basic differences between a human and itself. Finally, the user asked the computer if it wished it were human. The computer answered simple "No."

Trippy, but intruiging...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those little robots are japaneese toys XD

They are built in a similar way than that dog robot that can identify human comands and its masters voice ^^

BUt there is also a robot that identifies human faces aswell as voices. Thatone is somewhere in the US. Forgot the name to. Though it cant walk or anithing, it still has the ability to learn. Basicly if it dosent know something. It puts itself into data gathering mode. And saves teh information you tall it ^^

Quite cool actualy. Ofcourse the people in the US couldnt produce such fluid movenemts as the bots in japan ^^

(saw taht in a documentary once so dont blame me if some info may be wrong was a while back ^^)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to program those motions and poses, you would either have to program it with motions the same way you do with a biped in 3DSMax, or you make the animation with a man wearing a motion capture suit, which translates to the computer as data for the joints to move at certain angles at certain times. The robot can't just watch a lesson on bellydancing on tv and ten minutes later bust out some sexy robo-moves. Its either hand-made animation or motion caps (I mean of course that the information tells the robot how to move, not that the robots are computer generated, and aren't really there).

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOOOOOOOOOW Superb just think about an army of robots you can do a serial caled Transformers just take a camera and record :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want said transformer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice. That'd be a new electronic fad if the price was right.

Now only if they could get two robots to combine...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, since there is already a transformers thread and its not quite dead yet...

Some pictures of megatron where posted on various sites on the internet, I hope to god they are not real:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom