transformation control

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Constructive Criticism: There is no valid reason to implement this idea. Charging a trans is a longer version of pressing one key. As Optimus Prime said, hold down your Z key. Your reason (being able to teleport as soon as you ascend or descend) for wanting this idea just doesnt make it worth all the trouble.

My opinion: Stupid suggestion. I am allowed to post in any forum and in any thread. You fail to understand why im against this idea. That your problem, not mine. I called you lazy because you said you'd have to completely reconfigure your controls which is absolute bs. You just dont want to get used to having your tele key a bit higher or a bit more to the right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im with DaRkOwNs all the way, holding it wouldnt hurt anyone and would make for a faster abort i wouldnt say its charging a trans it wont take ki until you trans.(how it does now) but this way you can also jump from normal straight to ssj2 instead of 3 of going one level at a time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im with DaRkOwNs all the way, holding it wouldnt hurt anyone and would make for a faster abort i wouldnt say its charging a trans it wont take ki until you trans.(how it does now) but this way you can also jump from normal straight to ssj2 instead of 3 of going one level at a time.
thats a pretty good reason right there

whethers its bs or just me being lazy (which i dont see how as you were missing the point of what i was saying) its still an idea and even though "I" didnt put down a very good reason it doesnt mean there arent other ways this could come in handy

I am allowed to post in any forum and in any thread
sorry but i dont remember banning you to post...

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Why fix what isn't already broken?

I could suggest that they change the default prepunches up to 13, it's minimal, but pointless.
half-life is fine the way it is, why fix whats not broken? thats your logic... this makes ths transformation process more involved then hitting a botten and waiting, there fore giving the player more things to do... you have already stated your opinion

Best answers
I'm with Evil Goku. I think that would be awesome! Now if the dev team would respond....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They don't usually...

I like this idea but I have a few suggestions to change it, brought to you by the magic of MSPaint.

As DaRkOwNz said, you hold Z until transformation is complete, so imagine that when you're holding down Z there is a bar along the bottom of the screen like so.

The yellow line represents the meter on the gauge. With every block that you fill, you ascend. Each block represents a state, 0 blocks filled is Normal state, 1 block filled (green in this example) is Super Saiyan, 2 blocks filled (green and orange) is Super Saiyan 2, 3 blocks filled (green, orange and red) is Super Saiyan 3. Once a block is full, you just release Z and ascend to that level. Each black line on the bar is the 'PL cap' of that state, and the more PL you have, the faster the meter goes up until perfect transformation, where you only need to hold down Z for a second per block.

On the diagram:

1: Z held down for 0.1 seconds - Normal State
2: Z held down for 3.0 seconds - Normal State
3: Z held down for 6.0 seconds - Super Saiyan
4: Z held down for 9.0 seconds - Super Saiyan
5: Z held down for 12.0 seconds - Super Saiyan 2
6: Z held down for 15.0 seconds - Super Saiyan 2
7: Z held down for 18.0 seconds - Super Saiyan 3
8: X is pressed, resetting back to Normal State.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with Evil Goku. I think that would be awesome! Now if the dev team would respond....
the team almost never responds they really just listen, and the more people reply to this thread the bigger the chance of the team coming to look at it.

ill have to start explaining things like that...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with the part whereyou just hold to ascend tillyou reach the final level but it isnt faster if you let go of Z than if you press X.
Its preaty much the same time required since peuple normaly have fingers ready on the X and teleport button :rolleyes:

Besides tis still the teams decision.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with the part whereyou just hold to ascend tillyou reach the final level but it isnt faster if you let go of Z than if you press X.
Its preaty much the same time required since peuple normaly have fingers ready on the X and teleport button
yeah it is its much faster its hard to understand because your not physically doing it right now but it is faster

Best answers
one question which could kinda shake this whole thing down
how would this work with the pl system? i mean what would be the point at the starting levels i see it working once you reach final level, but this would like do away with pl system wouldnt it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your able to trans in accordance with your level as raven was explaining

if your pl is high enough to go ssj2 youll only allowed to continually transform to ssj2 and cannot go any further, if your pl is high enough for ssj3 you can go all the way to ssj3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i likw this idea , i adds more feling of power i would say , the ki cost should be the same as now as it is in the present , except when u r holding down the bar , the ki that transing usally takes from u know should dissapear slowy , kinda gives it more of a rasing staminia feeling aswell i guess

Best answers
i still think my idea takes care of it all...

hold down z and a charge bar comes up when it fills compleatly you transform up one level(provided your power level is high enough) if you let it go during the charging you get a temperary boost, like turbo mode but more varried on how long you held z before letting go... so this way the z butten not only transforms but provides a more controlable boost if your not at the right power... as far as trying to transform while being boosted,the charge bar will resume at the rate it was at last minus the amount of time and energy you used up between then and now

Best answers
i think that when you transform... hit should be sorta longer? and wen u deform u dont just turn back... ur hair or watever slowly changes black... get wat im sayn lol...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not possible, there's two models, transed and non-transed, I don't think they can blend into each other. Unless you had a middle model (yellow > dark yellow > black) then it wouldn't work on the current engine. They could have a descending animation though, that's something I suggested a while ago. Aesthetical? Yes. Practical? Not really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom