Transformation Cinemetics

Best answers
The way I see it is that, beams and characters would be blown/pushed away with the ki that the transforming character pushes out... This is a little defense that the character can have, instead of being invulnerable... But i think if there is a break in the transformation there can be a mini effect where all the energy is dissipated... otherwise if there is like an explosion effect. people will be blown all over the show...

Personally I think that a transformation is a powerful thing. It shouldnt be taken lightly. There is so much power that is getting pumped into the character that there needs to be something that prevents other players from stopping it (other then respect ;) hey if i saw a super saiyin transform, I would respect that! ;) )

So i still stand by my suggestion, and say that some kind of defense, by pumping power would be cool, which would even divert beams.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What about the animation of the transformation itself? I haven't watched dbz, just clips from youtube for certain battles and other stuff, and the yellow aura doesn't appear until the sayan's hair becomes blonde. In 1.2.3 the model switches when the animation and the effects end completely. I know that it's possible to change the character model during the animation, because I've seen it in ECX. So how about at first just the effects on the surrowndings (dust/water) without any aura to appear and when he's like "Haaaa!!" to switch on the yellow aura. I saw in the FX video that there's a burst at the moment the turbo is switched on. A brighter burst like this could be used to cover the model while switching it with ssj version. And when the model is switched the player can no longer cancel the transformation (when Gohan transforms for the first time he has to calm down to cancel it), but will stay transformed if he is disturbed, because disturbing will just anger the charakter more if it doesn't kill him. What do you think?

edit: this could also be applied to Buu and Frieza. When they changed forms you can't punch them to revert them back like Cell.

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way I see it is that, beams and characters would be blown/pushed away with the ki that the transforming character pushes out... This is a little defense that the character can have, instead of being invulnerable... But i think if there is a break in the transformation there can be a mini effect where all the energy is dissipated... otherwise if there is like an explosion effect. people will be blown all over the show...

Personally I think that a transformation is a powerful thing. It shouldnt be taken lightly. There is so much power that is getting pumped into the character that there needs to be something that prevents other players from stopping it (other then respect ;) hey if i saw a super saiyin transform, I would respect that! ;) )

So i still stand by my suggestion, and say that some kind of defense, by pumping power would be cool, which would even divert beams.
i agree with your suggestion however if there was to be a defense on the transformation i think it should cause a massive drain on stamina

Best answers
I agree. Else there would be people transforming all over the place, in the middle of a battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom