Torrent lawsuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
How dose one get such a letter? I want one to mount on my wall!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I demand you let me talk about WoW private servers. If this is allowed, that must be, too.
Demands are not something we, the forum staff, will ever bend to.

permission denied.

Best answers
pics or it didn't happen.
What Jesus said.[/color]
This happened 3 weeks ago, so i don't really have the letter anymore, hence why i cant take a pic. I mean.. this might all sound phony to you guys, but i don't see the reason why anyone would make up a story about how they got caught and were warned. It's not that big of a deal, i just thought i'd share it with everyone.

It looked kinda like that... but there was another page, and it was more detailed.

What was the threat?

"Stop downloading stuff or we'll sue you" ?
Yeah.. thats pretty much it said. I mean.. it was more detailed, but basically it was along the lines of "we caught you stealing gears of war.. don't do it again or we'll interrupt your service and sue you.

I didnt really read it over well.. i mean after my mom called the ISP and they said it was a warning, then i just stopped worrying. So as far as i know of it was a letter from Charter and Microsoft Games.

But im not positive. It could've been just from Charter.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your ISP will forward you cease and decist letters if a company contacts them and asks them for your user information. Your ISP will not release your billing information unless an actual lawsuit gets filed, which rarely happens unless they have definitive proof that you posses something valuable or you have recieved multiple warnings. I've received one myself, and nothing came of it.

And with that this is closed. Yeah, threads rarely close anymore, but apparently this one is just controversial enough to stir up trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom