Tom Clancy's GRAW

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I just downloaded the game and installed it...and I must say...what a crappy graphics engine. They say this is a new "next gen" game, but personally, I think it looks worse than Doom3, HL2 and FEAR and certainly runs worse.
The lack of AA also sucks alot, but atleast they do have HDR. But What I find annoying is how this game is graphicly inferior to the games mentioned above yet I only have like...a fps of 20 in this game with "highest" settings ("highest" because High for textures is blocked out unless you have a 512mb card, can be "hacked" to work though).

I have a 3800+ dual core, a 7800gt 256mb, 2 gig of ram. I would expect to be able to run a game of this quality without any problems on a 1280x1024 resolution. Yet I can't...anyone else have any problems with this game?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game looks ok and it runs fine, but I hate the way it plays.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is one of the few games that takes advantage of Nvidia's PhysX chip. It's a completely seperate processor dedicated to crunching numbers (More specifically, physics numbers). Without this chip, you're bound to have an FPS of 30 or below, since the game engine is so massive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Well, I just downloaded the game and installed it...and I must say...what a crappy graphics engine. They say this is a new "next gen" game, but personally, I think it looks worse than Doom3, HL2 and FEAR and certainly runs worse.
The lack of AA also sucks alot, but atleast they do have HDR. But What I find annoying is how this game is graphicly inferior to the games mentioned above yet I only have like...a fps of 20 in this game with "highest" settings ("highest" because High for textures is blocked out unless you have a 512mb card, can be "hacked" to work though).

I have a 3800+ dual core, a 7800gt 256mb, 2 gig of ram. I would expect to be able to run a game of this quality without any problems on a 1280x1024 resolution. Yet I can't...anyone else have any problems with this game?
I like how you complained entirely about the graphics and how the game runs, yet mentioned nothing about whether it's fun to play.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about you, but I would personally be pretty pissed off if the game looked poor, ran poor and I had a kick ass computer. Thats bad coding / optimization on the programmers part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason I was totally dissapointed when I played the demo at my buddys house. Yet, when I played the 360 version, I had a blast. I guess they just decided to make the game worse for PC or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how you complained entirely about the graphics and how the game runs, yet mentioned nothing about whether it's fun to play.
No game that runs and looks like crap is fun to play.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehem, did anyone bother to read my post? Or are you all still convinced that the game itself is crap.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
No game that runs and looks like crap is fun to play.
*COUGH*ESFALPHA1*COUGH*
So no ones talking about the gameplay eh?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alpha 1.0 ran perfectly for me, so I could play it and it was fun. But with such a low fps (as said above) it is not exactly fun to play a game, I constantly got shot because I couldn't get my mouse over the enemy's head because of the low FPS. And Spunky, this game won't run crappy just because you don't have a PhysX card. There are ...well, 2 modes in this game, the non-physic intensive non-PhysX card mode which has little destroyable envirorments, and vice versa, the physics-intensive mode which does have alot of destroyable enviroments and you will need a PhysX card for.
And even if I am wrong, this would mean the only time my game would lag, would be when something blows up and uses physics, not when I am in the beginning of the game in the helicopter briefing.

Oh, and one last thing, get your facts straight, it's not Nvidia's PhysX chip, its Agaei's (typo?) chip. Would be rather weird eh? Using a chip made by Nvidia for PhysX, and using ATI as your sponsor...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about the gameplay because I couldn't PLAY anything.

I know what my computer can and can't handle. I should have been able to finagle a way to get this game to run playable somehow. But try as I might it just ran like total ass, even with everything turned down. It took longer to load the first level than it did to install, even on the lowest settings.

People who don't know how to make computer games shouldn't make computer games.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's also true, it takes a ****load of time to just load the damn level.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I'm not talking about the gameplay because I couldn't PLAY anything.

I know what my computer can and can't handle. I should have been able to finagle a way to get this game to run playable somehow. But try as I might it just ran like total ass, even with everything turned down. It took longer to load the first level than it did to install, even on the lowest settings.

People who don't know how to make computer games shouldn't make computer games.

You aren't really missing anything, unless they enhanced the dmg needed to drop someone, then the game is to easy, and the multiplayer is a joke.

I played it on 360, and according to the change, only thing to be changed was the wall press removed, and it shutdown to only 1st person, no over the shoulder look, also a new lvl i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom