To all you crybabies that whine about "beam spam"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, pretty much, since the two fighters who are so good obviously have enough ki to boost the attackers ki even MORE. Meaning someone with a SBC or a kamehamhea would own the two. Even if they are at the start of a match, the one using beams will always win due to the damage.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So games are no longer about having fun, its all about winning or losing. Thats actually really sad. Gaming has become a sport and is no longer designed for relaxation and entertainment.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
So games are no longer about having fun, its all about winning or losing. Thats actually really sad. Gaming has become a sport and is no longer designed for relaxation and entertainment.
lol if that ever happens, imagine calling a counter strike freak a jock...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is about nothing but psychological warfare, which is something that will always be a part of competition.

So, stop letting people control your strategy through complaining and insulting you pointlessly, stop cheating and acknowledging that you require a "handicap" instead of just taking what the game gives you, to win, and stop making threads like these, that only bring the problem to this forum.

Best answers
As Hwoarang (didn't say, but might have meant to), I intone, "Seek Balance!"

There's 4 things you can do. Try to do each at appropriate times, no more, no less. And for god sakes people, if you're going to make a non-melee server, turn on mp_melee 0. I get these OPS, who say, "I shouldn't have to force them..."

WELL YOU DO.

If you were to compare the IQ of the ESF (on a per capita basis) community, and another MOD's community per capita, of course), you would probably find that, the other MOD has a higher rate of IQ. People will connect to a melee-only server, and *STILL* beam spam like they don't know the server name. If you connect to a server, and it says melee-only, and you truly don't know it's melee-only, what does that say about ya?

Now, I'm gonna ask you a few questions, and I want some clear and concise answers.
-Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
I'M A COP YOU IDIOT! It's Detective John Campbell!
-Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Heheheh, couldn't resist the Arnie soundboard joke...

Best answers
Emhilradim said:
It's funny when people write articles like that one, and try to esteem themselves as a person of Intelligence and refinement, because they can use a grammar and/or spell check utility.

I agree with some things, disagree with others in the article. But either way, the author is a numbskull, because, he thinks he's being brilliant.
Actually, he's making fun of hisself in the side-jokes.

Emhilradim said:
I suppose, because they don't kill injured soldiers, he thinks the American Army are scrubs.
Maybe it's just an efficient war tactic to not kill injured soldiers. They'd probably be more likely to surrender if they know that they're not going to get killed. Also, those prisoners could be used to gain information. Or maybe America was the Akuma of those wars, so it could afford those tactics.

Emhilradim said:
And by that argument, the United States are scrubs, because they don't torture prisoners and hostages for information.
Ofcourse, this doesn't count if you label your prisoners terrorists. Also, torture isn't a very efficient way of gaining reliable information.

Emhilradim said:
The United States are scrubs, because, they don't use the atomic bomb on Iraq and Afghanistant.
Throw an atomic bomb on Iraq? But what about the oil?

Emhilradim said:
They're scrubs for helping to rebuild Japan after they bombed it back in WW2.
Well, we all know what happened when they didn't help out Germany, but instead forced them to pay retribution money in WW1.

Emhilradim said:
After all, as Akuma-like as the A-Bomb is, isn't that the tactic that would goad the Middle East into putting up and shutting up?
I don't think the goal of that war was to shut the Middle East up.

Emhilradim said:
The Red Coats didn't walk into fire because they were scrubs though, they walked into fire because they were organized, and were trained to keep calm, even when enemy fire was endangering them. And that's why they beat the hell out of their opponents. Remember the French? They've not won a war yet, and they got beat especially well by the Redcoats.
Wasn't Great Britain named after the Breton (from Bretagne) who conquered England? Napoleon was kicking some ass too. More recently, they won WW1.

But, I agree, the historic pictures are kinda silly. The main point however, is that you gain skill by beating cheap tactics like beamspamming, or by using them yourself and get beaten up by counters from a more skilled player, instead of not using nor countering those and just whine about them.

Best answers
harSens said:
Actually, he's making fun of hisself in the side-jokes.

Maybe it's just an efficient war tactic to not kill injured soldiers. They'd probably be more likely to surrender if they know that they're not going to get killed. Also, those prisoners could be used to gain information. Or maybe America was the Akuma of those wars, so it could afford those tactics.

Ofcourse, this doesn't count if you label your prisoners terrorists. Also, torture isn't a very efficient way of gaining reliable information.

Throw an atomic bomb on Iraq? But what about the oil?

Well, we all know what happened when they didn't help out Germany, but instead forced them to pay retribution money in WW1.

I don't think the goal of that war was to shut the Middle East up.

Wasn't Great Britain named after the Breton (from Bretagne) who conquered England? Napoleon was kicking some ass too. More recently, they won WW1.

But, I agree, the historic pictures are kinda silly. The main point however, is that you gain skill by beating cheap tactics like beamspamming, or by using them yourself and get beaten up by counters from a more skilled player, instead of not using nor countering those and just whine about them.
Don't be a menace to south central said:
It's the man!
Heheheh, anyway... Alrighty.

Best answers
you can warn me for going off topic but i honestly think this is the pointless thread that i have ever seen in a long time.

here ready....easiest answer to this

Play the way you want to play...If anyone doesn't like it...::Shrug:: can't make everyone happy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone bans you, it's your own fault for not listening to the admins warnings =)

And yeah, pointless topic.

Best answers
i haven't gotten any warnings yet...i think but as for the point of the topic...i still stand by the "Play the way you want to play" if you play by everyone elses rules and ways to play...you will hardly ever win

Best answers
beam spam if you want to beamspam. It bugs me most of the time but its not too hard to avoid, but if your in the middle of a fight with osmeone else and you keep geting blown up it can get very irritating. I always try to go after the person who is shooting the beams, half the time they can't stand up to some melee(and i'm not even that good), but when they can the beam spamming usulaly stops and i get a good fight in so its all good.

As for people who actually think like the article(i odn't think the writer of the article does, its seems more humour than actualy thought), those are the kind of people who have a stroke when they lose, and explode into swearing whenever they get hit by anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing about beamspam is it is only effective if you have a high power level. I'm not sure what's considered skillfull about something you aren't able to do at anytime.

You complain about melee spam. The thing you are overlooking is that anyone can melee at any time. You don't need a huge power level for it to be effective. If you are better than someone it won't matter.

Beamspam is so ridiculously ineffective at low power levels. I'm sorry but there is no skill in shooting something in the general direction of a bunch of players and then detonating it.

Use it if you wish, but that is why people are giving you a hard time. Point and click with a high power level is not skill.

If you want to compare them.

Melee --
Will it kill players? You bet it will. Only if you get good at it.
Will people get mad at you for it and possibly ban/kick? Some people that don't like getting beat will do that.
Could you do it with a low power level? Yes. Melee can be done at any time from any standpoint.

Beams --
Will it kill players? Sure it will.
Will people get mad at you for it and possibly ban/kick? A lot of people will. Most people tend to think interupting fights is very rude.
Could you do it with a low power level? No, you can't. Beamspam is a near impossibility without a power level.

Anyway, what are you complaining about? I suppose using the kick/ban command would be considered a legit tactic according to your little article. I mean after all, it is in the game so people should abuse it to their advantage right? :rolleyes:

As per your advice to Zeonix about playing in a two man server. Why don't you take your own advice and play in beam only servers? No one will give you a hard time there. :p

Best answers
It's lame that ESFnewb made this thread based on someone else's view of the legitimacy of gaming, such as the entity of beam spamming. Don't think you are the first person to make such a thread. Judging by your join date, you've seen a few days posts on this board. I've been here for 2 years and I can't even mention how many of these threads have been made and eventually come out with no "for teh win" posts or become closed because things get so far off topic. Taking one person's opinion on this matter and trying to turn it into hard fact so that everyone has to follow it or they are "scrubs", is BS. Unless the person who made the article is God, Himself (or whatever you choose to worship as your Almighty), then its still just an opinion and shouldn't be treated as "law".

You can't stop people from complaining about beam spamming. Its a questionable tactic (if you can even consider it a tactic) that is accepted by few as a means of fighting/winning.

Gaming is built on having fun and winning. However, winning means little when there's no extra reward, aside from another scratch in the frags column. There's no money involved, or contest that gives out prizes in ESF. And I hardly see how winning by beam spamming is "fun" when there's no skill involved. Sit in your little camping corner of the map and blast people without them even realizing it. You can't even call yourself "decent" if that is your only means of killing.
My point is that winning is just a small part of the game, but we play to have fun. I can remember some incredible melee battles that I lost in the past, but I still had fun during that duel.

This topic is just as good opened as it would be closed. You aren't going to sway people to think differently from how they feel about beam spamming. You are actually insulting more people by calling them crybabies in a public forum for something they believe is wrong or cheap.

You're name is ESFnewb for a reason, and this thread proves it.

EDIT:: Judging by how this thread is going--
SL - 2. ESFnewb - 0

Best answers
Ultimate 17 said:
It's lame that ESFnewb made this thread based on someone else's view of the legitimacy of gaming, such as the entity of beam spamming. Don't think you are the first person to make such a thread. Judging by your join date, you've seen a few days posts on this board. I've been here for 2 years and I can't even mention how many of these threads have been made and eventually come out with no "for teh win" posts or become closed because things get so far off topic. Taking one person's opinion on this matter and trying to turn it into hard fact so that everyone has to follow it or they are "scrubs", is BS. Unless the person who made the article is God, Himself (or whatever you choose to worship as your Almighty), then its still just an opinion and shouldn't be treated as "law".

You can't stop people from complaining about beam spamming. Its a questionable tactic (if you can even consider it a tactic) that is accepted by few as a means of fighting/winning.

Gaming is built on having fun and winning. However, winning means little when there's no extra reward, aside from another scratch in the frags column. There's no money involved, or contest that gives out prizes in ESF. And I hardly see how winning by beam spamming is "fun" when there's no skill involved. Sit in your little camping corner of the map and blast people without them even realizing it. You can't even call yourself "decent" if that is your only means of killing.
My point is that winning is just a small part of the game, but we play to have fun. I can remember some incredible melee battles that I lost in the past, but I still had fun during that duel.

This topic is just as good opened as it would be closed. You aren't going to sway people to think differently from how they feel about beam spamming. You are actually insulting more people by calling them crybabies in a public forum for something they believe is wrong or cheap.

And a bottle of rum! :D

Best answers
Ultimate 17 said:

EDIT:: Judging by how this thread is going--
SL - 2. ESFnewb - 0

So If I were to to pronouce ESFNewb my god , apart from falling to a firey death off the top of a baked bean due to overwhelming stupidity , his view's would be cold hard facts?...
Eh...
To use a phraise , F-iretr-uck that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i think this topic is done

and MajinDruu do not evade the swear filter or u will get a warning

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom