To all you crybabies that whine about "beam spam"

Best answers
Avenger said:
Hey, if you're going to quote me please do it right, I didn't write girl, I wrote guy, meaning not you, but the guy who brought up this topic =) You weren't the one I meant by superiority or not understanding the article..

I agree, playing for fun is the meaning of a game. Winning is easy, not having fun xD
My apology.

As for playing to win... I disdain the use of the same tactic over and over again. It's not my preferred method of play. When I play, sometimes I use basic, sometimes advanced, sometimes beams, sometimes throwing. But, I see people who play through tactics that, just seem pointless and boring. And, in my oppinion, remove the feel of playing Dragon Ball Z.

Like, a common trait among "good" players is they'll constantly use basic, and continue to basic, and then beam. And if they play Boo, they'll knock you into structures, and using the Candy beam, then teleporting and attacking you before you have a chance to even hit the teleport button yourself, candy beaming you more. Another trait is hording up Battle Power, and then beaming everyone. People will spawn and get beamed before they even have the opportunity to teleport, and even when they do, the radius is so large, where will they trans to, in order to save themselves?

I play ESF the way I think DBZ would play out. After all, if in every episode of DBZ, characters beamed the hell out of each other and did nothing but, or they never closed to close quarter melee, would you find it so interesting? I wouldn't.

The game is meant to be played for fun, but, one should keep in mind, that, it's still a Dragon Ball Z game, and therefore, it should still be treated the same as you would treat an episode of DBZ.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im gonna use ESFnewbs arguement, and start using aimbot. Why should i fight fairly when i can just use aimbot and kill everyone? I FIGHT TO WIN!

Yeah, Im being sarcastic. The people that beam spam also complain about me "push spamming" (simple melee). Don't be hypocritical.

Best answers
ESFnewb said:
Shooting beams is a good counter against people who exclusively melee(which is maybe 99% of the esf playerbase). I only "beam spam" against people that do nothing but melee because it's the best possible way to deal with them. And in response I get called lame, cheap, noob, sometimes followed by a kick/ban if it was against a server admin. It's exactly what is described in the article. So many people playing esf are playing within their own made up ruleset saying that melee is the only attack allowed, anything else is cheap and lame.
You have people that only use beams aswell.

I play in a server where the said admin has a nice way of being able to combo you and hit you with a generic beam afterwards , then engage in melee and get that Kamehameha jump kill in because your trying to swoop at him.
He has his own style of meleeing and beaming together , and it works.
Thats useing every resorce available to you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESFnewb said:
Shooting beams is a good counter against people who exclusively melee(which is maybe 99% of the esf playerbase). I only "beam spam" against people that do nothing but melee because it's the best possible way to deal with them. And in response I get called lame, cheap, noob, sometimes followed by a kick/ban if it was against a server admin. It's exactly what is described in the article. So many people playing esf are playing within their own made up ruleset saying that melee is the only attack allowed, anything else is cheap and lame.

Well that is just narrow-minded. Melee only can get tiring (too much concentration) and repetitive, so then i like to chill out iwth power struggles. People who melee a lot, however, are only practising since it is the main move that defines a person's "skill". It's like walking around in a dangerous city without a gun, if you aren't insanly good at basic melee, yor gonna get your ass kicked. But people who say melee is the only way, are just very boring, as well as the ones who say beams r the only way.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Im gonna use ESFnewbs arguement, and start using aimbot. Why should i fight fairly when i can just use aimbot and kill everyone? I FIGHT TO WIN!

Yeah, Im being sarcastic. The people that beam spam also complain about me "push spamming" (simple melee). Don't be hypocritical.
Using a weapon provided for you in the game and using a hack to cheat in the game are 2 very different things. If you can't tell the difference between the 2 then maybe you shouldn't be posting on the subject.

I have never, ever complained about melee spammers. I don't tell other people how they should play the game. What I get is a copious amount of people telling ME how I should play. I have never experienced anything close to this with any other half life mod. If I use beams it's treated as the lamest possible thing, that's worth banning me over. What's the thought process of you hardcore melee spammers when you're whining about beam spam?

Best answers
MajinDruu said:
Excuse me if i'm wrong but , wasn't Goku the one that reached SSJ3?

So yes... you can play as a scrub and still be the best , however when your equal plays to win...
Super Saiyajin 3 was a powerful transformation, but it had several drawbacks, and that's why it wasn't used so much.

-It drained energy too damn fast
-It was faster than SSJ, but slower than SSJ2, making it obsolete
(If Gokou had gone SSJ3 against SSJ2 Bejiita, he would have been too damn slow to compete with Bejiita, and been beat badly. Remember USSJ Bejiita vs Cell. Impressive numbers, but too damn slow...)

But yes, Gokou has always played as the "scrub," but that's because through the helpings of his Saiyajin blood, and Kamesennin, he knows how to become strong without spending his life to do so. That and he has a longevity Humans only dream of..

Bejiita has always played the "cheat," because, that's what he grew up around. It's something like, "patterns by proxy." His entire life, he's been taught and told to make sure he was the best, and flaunt it over others so they would fear him. After the Freezer conflict, over the years, he got out of that pattern, and via proxy once more, he learned to be a decent being.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woa woa, ssj2 was faster than ssj3?? why? cuz of the hair causing drag?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
using 1 move 5 times in a row in a game like esf is much the same as a button basher who just learned how to throw a hadouken, its a 1 move wonder everyone, yes your playing to win, but not playing with skill

if you wanna end the argument, the best player isnt someone who gets a billion kills by using the same move over and over, they just have the highest kill count. the BEST player is someone who can use any and all moves available in the right situation to the best effect.

simple as.

and onto the subject of ssj3 goku against ssj2 vegeta...your being stupid, and obviously didnt watch the show or read the manga well enough to see that ssj2 vegeta got killed by buu (ok he comitted suicide, but buu had him nailed) and ssj3 goku handed buus ass to him on a plate.

then if you want to see both in action almost at the same time, watch the fight between the LIVING goku, at ssj3 against kid buu, and then watch the dead vegeta at ssj2 against kid buu, u'll see who is still faster and stronger. especially becase its clearly stated that dead bodies can take more punishment and have more endurance than living ones.

ssj3 goku > ssj2 vegeta

that argument was stupid. considder yourself pwned.

Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Super Saiyajin 3 was a powerful transformation, but it had several drawbacks, and that's why it wasn't used so much.

-It drained energy too damn fast
-It was faster than SSJ, but slower than SSJ2, making it obsolete
(If Gokou had gone SSJ3 against SSJ2 Bejiita, he would have been too damn slow to compete with Bejiita, and been beat badly. Remember USSJ Bejiita vs Cell. Impressive numbers, but too damn slow...)

But yes, Gokou has always played as the "scrub," but that's because through the helpings of his Saiyajin blood, and Kamesennin, he knows how to become strong without spending his life to do so. That and he has a longevity Humans only dream of..

Bejiita has always played the "cheat," because, that's what he grew up around. It's something like, "patterns by proxy." His entire life, he's been taught and told to make sure he was the best, and flaunt it over others so they would fear him. After the Freezer conflict, over the years, he got out of that pattern, and via proxy once more, he learned to be a decent being.
Emhilradim really likes to go off topic. This was an article about online gaming, first he was ranting about america not torturing hostages, now he's talking about the story of a cartoon show. Incredible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I am in a serious battle I use the best techniques I have learned, many of which are unfair and very hard to counter, but that's when I play to win. Usually I play around with beams, like SBC (Special Beam Cannon, the ultimate beam spammer weapon.) and nuke every beam spammer who thinks he's good =D You can call me a scrub, but it won't make me one. I don't play by your rules newbie, and I never will. Using what's at hand isn't called playing for winning, it's calling playing with brains. I always play strategically, I find out my enemy's weaknesses and strength. Then I try to avoid entering their zone of strength, while using their weakness against them. This may be called "playing to win" but actually it's playing for fun. You can't make scrubs and winners groups, because there are so many subgroups to them. I'm a bit of both, when in a good mood I just play for the fun, or maybe I don't. It all depends, nobody's always a scrub, nobody is always a "winner".

I admire some people who think of very genious ways of getting others with beams and such, because they put thought into it. But simply nuking people is what players do to purposely ruin the game for others! Many kinds of beamspammers as well! You can't make groups like those, because none of them exist.

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
using 1 move 5 times in a row in a game like esf is much the same as a button basher who just learned how to throw a hadouken, its a 1 move wonder everyone, yes your playing to win, but not playing with skill
Lol, that's amusing, so you're saying that all the people that play in this mod and do nothing but the basic melee combo over and over have no skill?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESFnewb said:
Using a weapon provided for you in the game and using a hack to cheat in the game are 2 very different things. If you can't tell the difference between the 2 then maybe you shouldn't be posting on the subject.

I have never, ever complained about melee spammers. I don't tell other people how they should play the game. What I get is a copious amount of people telling ME how I should play. I have never experienced anything close to this with any other half life mod. If I use beams it's treated as the lamest possible thing, that's worth banning me over. What's the thought process of you hardcore melee spammers when you're whining about beam spam?
Win by ANY means necessary.

You need to realize this isnt CS. When 2 people fight, they generally like to finish their fight uninterrupted. Its annoying when im fighting someone, and then some moron charges up a beam, says "omgwtf!1 lol! im gonna kill lol!" and then kills us both.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Woa woa, ssj2 was faster than ssj3?? why? cuz of the hair causing drag?
Because Super Saiyajin 3 is more of a way to increase the power as well as the hardiness of the body, a lot like USSJ. When facing off against Janimba, Gokou goes from SSJ2 to SSJ3 and defeats the giant Janimba. But, when Janimba becomes the Ritual Demon, he says, he isn't fast enough to compete with him, and reverts to SSJ2.

On the other hand, when facing off against Hirudegarn, Gokou went SSJ3 and took his punch like he was eatting a pizza. (Take note, Janimba used slicing Ki, and the Ki was strong enough to harm Gokou) Then he used the Dragon Spirit Punch on Hirudegarn, and it died. So, SSJ3 has its advantages, but against slicing Ki, it's too slow.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone who puts that much thought into gaming needs to pull his thesauraus out of his ass and throw it in the garbage, and take a deep breath and go outside.

He tries to make gaming sound like an intricate science involving formulae and test subjects (experts and scrubs).

This guy pretty much discounts the fact that people like to do things at their own pace. Not everyone wants to put countless hours upon hours into a game so they they can beat it on the highest difficulty blind-folded with mute on (quite frankly, not everyone has that much time, people have lives). If that is someone elses agenda fine, maybe other people like to take their time. Put the game down for a day or two before tackling it again. This guy comes off as a real ******* in this article. A real ******* and a smartass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Because Super Saiyajin 3 is more of a way to increase the power as well as the hardiness of the body, a lot like USSJ. When facing off against Janimba, Gokou goes from SSJ2 to SSJ3 and defeats the giant Janimba. But, when Janimba becomes the Ritual Demon, he says, he isn't fast enough to compete with him, and reverts to SSJ2.

On the other hand, when facing off against Hirudegarn, Gokou went SSJ3 and took his punch like he was eatting a pizza. (Take note, Janimba used slicing Ki, and the Ki was strong enough to harm Gokou) Then he used the Dragon Spirit Punch on Hirudegarn, and it died. So, SSJ3 has its advantages, but against slicing Ki, it's too slow.

and onto the subject of ssj3 goku against ssj2 vegeta...your being stupid, and obviously didnt watch the show or read the manga well enough to see that ssj2 vegeta got killed by buu (ok he comitted suicide, but buu had him nailed) and ssj3 goku handed buus ass to him on a plate.

then if you want to see both in action almost at the same time, watch the fight between the LIVING goku, at ssj3 against kid buu, and then watch the dead vegeta at ssj2 against kid buu, u'll see who is still faster and stronger. especially becase its clearly stated that dead bodies can take more punishment and have more endurance than living ones.

ssj3 goku > ssj2 vegeta

and yes the person who said that using the same combo over and over is unskillful, thats how i view it.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Win by ANY means necessary.

You need to realize this isnt CS. When 2 people fight, they generally like to finish their fight uninterrupted. Its annoying when im fighting someone, and then some moron charges up a beam, says "omgwtf!1 lol! im gonna kill lol!" and then kills us both.
That's what a free for all is about. Everyone against everyone. That includes someone charging a beam and blasting you and whoever you're fighting. If you don't like that playstyle, you should find a server with a max of 2 people and duel all you like.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Anyone who puts that much thought into gaming needs to pull his thesauraus out of his ass and throw it in the garbage, and take a deep breath and go outside.

He tries to make gaming sound like an intricate science involving formulae and test subjects (experts and scrubs).

This guy pretty much discounts the fact that people like to do things at their own pace. Not everyone wants to put countless hours upon hours into a game so they they can beat it on the highest difficulty blind-folded with mute on (quite frankly, not everyone has that much time, people have lives). If that is someone elses agenda fine, maybe other people like to take their time. Put the game down for a day or two before tackling it again. This guy comes off as a real ******* in this article. A real ******* and a smartass.
Indeed he does. But, then, alot of people are like that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh and to the people think using basic melee over and over is the same as using beams over and over, its not entirely true. If you go a full hour of basic melee, then your a berserker! It'll eventually get stale. However, repetitve basic melee is not as much as a pattern as repetitive beaming. Basic mele can be done from 1-5 time, different angles, and intenese doging and aiming, so its not the same every time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESFnewb said:
That's what a free for all is about. Everyone against everyone. That includes someone charging a beam and blasting you and whoever you're fighting. If you don't like that playstyle, you should find a server with a max of 2 people and duel all you like.
You must realize, not all servers are free for alls. Not all people interrupt fights. Its always that one moron that sits in a corner, chuckles to himself, and shoots a beam into crowds. If someone finds him, he beam jumps away.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Oh and to the people think using basic melee over and over is the same as using beams over and over, its not entirely true. If you go a full hour of basic melee, then your a berserker! It'll eventually get stale. However, repetitve basic melee is not as much as a pattern as repetitive beaming. Basic mele can be done from 1-5 time, different angles, and intenese doging and aiming, so its not the same every time.
And you think using beams doesn't involve dodging and aiming? That anyone can stand still and fire a beam and kill someone every time? Trying to beam someone who's dead set on meleeing you isn't as easy as you would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom