Tin Foil, The Best Signal Booster Known To Man

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently installed a wireless network (802.11b) in my house, and came to a conclusion about wifi. It's picky as hell. Moving the antenna on the router approximately half a micron meant the difference between a signal strength of "Excellent" and "No Signal."
Anyways, I was having a horrible time with it. I would connect to the access point from the client computer, I'd maintain a 1.0Mbps connection for about 3 seconds, then lose it and have to move the antenna around to pick up the signal again. I was nearly ready to rip the adapter out of my PCI slot when I thought of something: tin foil!
It works with TV's, right?!
To tell the truth, I didn't expect it to work, but I was willing to try anything at this point. I ran to the kitchen, grabbed a sheet of tin foil, and gave the antenna a special half-foot extension.
I go to search for the network signal, and what do I find? My router's signal, at 100%!

Connection established! @ 11.00Mbps!
Signal strength - 100%!!!
Signal integrity - 100%!!@#$!!

I've been in touch with the D-Link (company of the router and reciever) technical support, and sent a final e-mail to the guy who was helping me with my "OMFG IT DON'T WORK!" problem. Here's the message I sent.

DragonDude said:
I have the latest drivers, and I've been power cycling the router on and off for the past day now, but nothing worked. I finally have a connection though, no thanks to you guys! I purchased a special signal booster and it's working great! Why didn't you guys tell me about this in the first place! Anyway, problem solved! Good job!
Haha, I'm waiting for a response of "we at D-Link would like to inform you that you've voided your warranty for your DWL-520 802.11b PCI adapter, thank you for networking with D-Link!"

I'll post the reply when I get it. XD

Best answers
It also makes for a good filling detector for your teeth...

but anyways,

Yea, its good stuff..I've used it for many things. Well, mostly radio antennas and a small TV...but still, none the less, good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom