Thinking foward.

Best answers
First of all, i'd like to congratulate all the people that ar developing this amazing mod about dragon ball. this is my favor anime since i was about 12 and im with 22 now, so its been a long, long time. ive played the esforces mod several times before, on previous versions and seems like its getting better and better and the new updates seems really promising. I'm studying to become a programer, but my knowlodge is too low yet, so unfortanely i can't help developing anything yet but i can still contribute with ideas, right?

I dont know if what ill say right now is right but maybe i think that the game being a mod of half life 1, might be limiting a few of resources you guys might been trying to use. Dont get me wrong, i think you guys have done miracles already with what you developed so far but you might consider making an independent game, with more resources and being able to do whatever you want, better graphics, styles, characters, game engine, etc. i've readed some of the other peoples suggestions and most of what i've seen was about terrain destruction and power level effect on it. well, the anime is that much fun because of the amazing power the characters have and the stronger they get, more destruction within ground, mountains, buildings, etc, they make. at least thats what i think.

I know it will be alot of work to just make a game from ground 0, after all you guys have done, but just think about it. i think you can make more cash with it, wich will provide de "motivation" of doing it all again and will make us, fans, much happier to have a strong and stable game to play.

Im thinkking about something like combat arms, alliance of valiant arms, or something like that, since its a "first person shotting" kind of game. What i mean is like, you create an account, then you start with power level 100, and a kid, something like that. Then, you can enter in rooms, created by the players, to make challenges, just as it is right nowm with the scores and stuff. the more you fight in the game, the more power level you gain, and iven after leaving the game, you dont waste that power level with got, meaning no waste of your time. of course it will be alot harder to become a super sayan and stuff, but it will be worty, because you fought your way to that. so, any power level you obtain by fighting, will be saved in your account, and it will be like the level of your character.

one other thing. since you will begin the game with low power level, it will mean no habilities. so you can create a special mission, when you achieve certain power level, that you can like, defeat master roshi, or something like that, to learn how to make a kamehameha, for example.

well, thats just some of many ideas that i have for a well constructed dragon ball game that i've been thinking lately that i think i could share you with, that are making and amazing job already and unfortanelly if i could, i would make myself, but im not qualified to yet.

i dont know if making a game of your own will apply any copyright issues, but if it dont, do it. if it does, do it anyway, speak with akira toriyama if its necessary xD

i just played the oficial dragon ball online in the taiwanese server and i was just desapointed. the game if fun and stuff but theres no good engine for pvp or huge great fights whatsoever.

well, that all for now. congratulations for you all again for the excelent hard work.

cya!

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you might consider making an independent game
ESF will live and die on HL1 engine. That pretty much rejects everything else written in your post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His suggestion would rock! If not for the fact we'd be waiting another 10 years for ESF. Personally I expect to have a lot less time to play ESF in 10 years. I don't know about the rest of you.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment with ESF being on HL1, it's not a big concern but this mod can be shut down at any time, even right now. The main issue about this suggestion is that if they were to go indie, they'd need a license because the new game would attract even more attention, increasing the chances of the big shots seeing it and wanting it to be shut down.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they redid the models, and called the powers something crazy they could call it a parody and it'd be fine. The devs would probably prefer to watch the mod die were that ever to happen, but it's a way out.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That idea is insanely ******* awesome. However, what Dam said is correct :\ It'd be a great way to make money for the team, but I imagine it'd take a lot of time to even make this idea come to fruition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom