Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Seen it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey,

I just finished watching "The Thing", and I must say I loved it. I haven't seen many good horror flicks in awhile, so I went down and rented this one, and I was very pleased with it, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good horror/Sci-Fi type film.

I am however curious about what you guys think about this film, please vote and post your comments!

This Film for me is up there as one of my favourite horror films.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty old but it's not bad, it's good for it's time (Which was like the 70's or 80's) not really scarry anymore.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
70's - 80's? I thought it was early 90's with Kurt Russel and its like a John Carpenter film... There might of been two or I'm just wrong with my dates.

Best answers
The John Carpenter film (the one you obviously watched) was made in the early 80s, and is far and away one of the best paranoia horror flicks ever produced.

The original movie was a B&W flick called "The Thing from Another World," and is pretty similar to most other B-movies made in the 1950s. It was good for its time though I guess.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Death Biscuit is almost right, the original idea came from the book "Who Goes There?" and from that book they made "The Thing From Another World" (which came out in 1950) "The Thing" came out in 1982, I was quite impressed when I first saw the movie (although the movie was made in '82 the special effect where quite impressive), The Thing is absolutely in my collection of Classic Movie.

Best answers
i would have to say i like it alot. It is a must have in a home horror collection ^_^

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is my all time favorite SciFi Horror movie . . . I love it. The short story "Who goes there?" was incredible. But I kinda like John Carpenters version if the end better :p

The 50's film sucked.

I remember seeing it on HBO in 83/84.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm the thing...

it was alright i guess the movie was kind of bad at parts but overall i guess it was an ok movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom