The Tester Round 3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I stayed in the top 100 in round two and just moved into round 3. I now have to place in the top 10 to move onto the judging round. I placed 15th last round, so I have a very realistic chance to actually win this thing. Votes are daily, so you can vote once per day. I know there were a lot of people that got angry originally when I asked help here, but I think with the help of some of the people on these boards it could really put me over and allow me to win.

Thanks to those that have been supporting me, regardless if it was one vote, or one daily. I appreciate everything that everyone has done despite my long absence. I understand if you don't want to vote for me, but at least check out my profile, I finally put a 3rd video up which isn't quite as bad as the first two. I can promise that I will try my best to be active on these forums (not sure what kind of incentive that really is). I really want to be part of the gaming industry, and I know that beta testing is really not that much fun, but I think I'm a good choice. Please check my profile :cool:

http://casting.thetester.com/SugarGene

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, still not falling for it.

It's a shameless cry for popularity and I want no part in it. If you win because strangers vote for you, good for you. If you win because people who don't give a **** voted for you only because you asked, you don't deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're really not winning anything but a 100 hour a week job where your forced to fix games till they stop breaking for 6-12 months.

Eww.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're really not winning anything but a 100 hour a week job where your forced to fix games till they stop breaking for 6-12 months.

Eww.
Yeah, I know it's not a fun job, I've done it multiple times not only for video games but for products as well. It's a stepping stone in the right industry though, and that's why I'm trying so hard for it. Also, I actually am a huge fan of Sony (playstation in particular, but who doesn't know that?), so being part of something that has influence on the product is what I want.

It's a shameless cry for popularity and I want no part in it. If you win because strangers vote for you, good for you. If you win because people who don't give a f*ck voted for you only because you asked, you don't deserve it.
Shameless? No, I wouldn't say that, I would consider it more an honest request. It's not like I came here, beating around the bush trying to make it look like I wanted to just come back, be all buddy buddy, and then spring it on everyone. I can't stand fake bullcrap like that, it's not the type of guy I am. I went straight to the point, I know you haven't seen me in forever, I'm looking for votes, if you want to cool if not, cool. It's more of a shoutout to the people that knew me from before and knew how much I was into gaming. Those that remember me should be able to recall a lot of the ridiculous heated threads that I took some part in. For those who don't know me, well, that's why I ask that you take a look at my profile. If you see it and you think I'm worth the vote, then fantastic, if not, OK. I would hardly call that shameless, or a cry for popularity.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, the tester job is crappy (****ing hell, it's just above being a janitor) but it gets you access to internal positions. I basically did the same thing, and it worked out after 5 months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somehow i feel the weirdness of the competition has been covered before

It's a necessary evil in most cases for getting a foot on the development ladder, but a competition for it? where's customer service hero or shelf stacking idol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom