the Terminator(sort of)

Best answers
www.irobotnow.com

I think this is kind of freaky in a way. its like the terminator when they make all the robots to help people and they end up killing everyone.

just think of haveing one of those in your house at night :shocked:

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Uh..

Are you sure this is real? Not to sound sceptical but as far as I know they have trouble getting Robots to walk properly let alone think. Yet now they're building Data's? o_O

Best answers
yell as i know of right now yes it is because i saw a huge poster of this at one of the movie theaters i went to and it said the website URL at the bottom of this poster. It wasnt no little tiny poster it was huge!!! :shocked:

took up a huge chunk of the wall. So i dont think they would fack of soemthing like this.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it isnt much troublw to make a robot walk, theyve had 2 legged walking robots for years, youc an automate your computer to help you do things, just think of it as a moving computer and its not so scary

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, bipedal robots have been around for a few years at least (or so I've heard).

The only time an electronic or robotic device scares me is when it's operating system is programmed by Microsoft.

The real question about these things is... "What would you have your robot do?"

I personally would not have much use for one. Maybe I would get one and have it clean up all the soda cans and junk food wrappers in the vicinity of my computer, but that's probably it.

What about you guys? (and no "I'd make it do my homework" crap, since they probably can't read/understand written language)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's a movie, you blithering dumbass. lol
I kind of figured that when I read this:

gogeta5000 said:
i saw a huge poster of this at one of the movie theaters i went to:shocked:
I was simply trying to start some discussion about robots like that in general... oh well.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's a movie, you blithering dumbass. lol
Thanks ****

Going on with Kurt's idea...

I think my robot would take care of my truck, you know, oil changes and stuff like that, also he would take out the trash because none of my roomates do...clean my room/bathroom/kitchen/laundry...the usual maid stuff

Oh and I'd have it wake me up for class because my ****ing alarm never works...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry about that. I only read like the first couple of posts. :0\

My fault. Sorry, guys.

Best answers
I always think that the robot get into the wrong hands or something. lol i have to stop thinking of that.

well if i had one i would have it bring me drinks and Its not a movie :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gogeta if they made a house robot you could probobly kick it's ass. They really haven't made little servos and such that would allow a human-sized robot to say, lift up a car and throw it at you or something.

Plus they haven't made robots that think like humans (yet.) If I remember correctly, the most intelligent thing they've fully simulated is an insect or something, so don't worry about "ahhh my evil house robot is plotting to murder me and break it's bonds of servitude!" It's probobly less irrational to be afraid of your little sister's creepy cabbage patch dolls at night than one of those helpie robots.

As for bipedal robots, yeah they exist, but it'd be more practical to use wheels/treads as it would be twice as hard to knock them over and they wouldn't have to then deal with trying to stand back up.

And if I had a house robot... I'd have it scratch my back.

Best answers
You kick is ass...than it turns on like the Matrix...and you know the rest!

Best answers
lol yea starts to get all matrixy like on you lol :laff: Yea they dont look like there built of very hevy material anyways and probably easy to nock over if its 6 ft tall unless they have some big feet for a base

lol i would bring mine to school and dress him up lol see what everyone would think.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
It's probobly less irrational to be afraid of your little sister's creepy cabbage patch dolls at night than one of those helpie robots.
Dont mess with those dolls man. I swear their plotting my death :eek:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm.. I remember seeing previews to this movie... but I can't remember which movie I was watching when I did see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom