The Shuttle...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already posted this :/ its the "Ahh" thread.

Best answers
For people that don't know...
Space Shuttle Columbia, Mission STS 107 Broke apart on rentry this morning killing the crew.

Best answers
My bad, i was looking for threads liek this i didnt see it, sorry. ok this might sound like bs but today i was actuallyed thinking about when the challenger blew up like 10 minutes before i heard about the explosion.......

EDIT: i also heard the shuttle had a teacher onboard, just like challenger....

EDIT EDIT: cool for whoever stickied this

Best answers
I could see debris falling this morning, really freaky. It's so sad. Has anyone ever heard of a rocket blowing up upon re-entery to Earth? Do you know the reason yet?

Best answers
Re entry into the atmosphere is VERY dangerous. There is intense heat and pressure and the atomsphere is kinda like a big concrete wall. You have to have enough speed to break through the atmosphere. Now what could have happened is that they had enough speed, but the old aircraft just had a few minor probs in space and wasn't strong enough to last the break through. Or maybe it wasn't build well. Never know until they lie to us on TV bcuz that is what people do

Best answers
Originally posted by koblano
Re entry into the atmosphere is VERY dangerous. There is intense heat and pressure and the atomsphere is kinda like a big concrete wall. You have to have enough speed to break through the atmosphere. Now what could have happened is that they had enough speed, but the old aircraft just had a few minor probs in space and wasn't strong enough to last the break through. Or maybe it wasn't build well. Never know until they lie to us on TV bcuz that is what people do
That shuttle was the first to go into space.... had like 28 mission since 1989... so being built wrong was not it :\

Best answers
god why is it so sad. its just like a car accident, only 7 or 6 ppl died, it wasnt like they were murdered, its a accident , if you want to blame someone blame god, and then the ppl of texas who get a toxic shower of debrie. its just an accident, 6 ppl died, and if they were in a car and not a space shuttle they wouldnt get so much hype. its all a matter of properganda, we should be minding iraq and north korea, not 6 ppl who died, this is just USA of distracting the mass

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
god why is it so sad. its just like a car accident, only 7 or 6 ppl died, it wasnt like they were murdered, its a accident , if you want to blame someone blame god, and then the ppl of texas who get a toxic shower of debrie. its just an accident, 6 ppl died, and if they were in a car and not a space shuttle they wouldnt get so much hype. its all a matter of properganda, we should be minding iraq and north korea, not 6 ppl who died, this is just USA of distracting the mass
its not a matter of how many, plus many people dont grieve over most accidents because we dont know about it,
this was seen publicly we saw the shuttle explode, we saw the people die, i wouldn smile at seeing that

Best answers
its only 7 ppl >_> and it was an old ricchoty shutttle, maybe it was used 1 to many times1, why not smile, its just death, its just an accident, they werent murdered, they died doing there dreams and few will ever do that, we should clap for them for they show us what dreams ulamtie price is

plus you shouldnt quote something that you post directly under

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel very sad for the ppl, don't get me wrong, everyone that has died is a loss, however, I want to add, (it stays a tragedy) but I think there's some american overreacting here, A LOT of ppl (1000s) died in Iraq, Pakistan, and I heard nobody talk about that! But now, when a shuttle crashed, it's breaking news and everybody is in tears. Allthough I am too, it's not worse then the things that happends in the middle east this year and last year..

But that's jut IMHO

grtz Naz

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What just makes me mad about this whole situation is the first possible solution brought up on most news channels.....SADDAM SHOT A MISSLE AT IT! or IT'S ALQAEDA (or however you spell it)
I give my regards to the families who had to lose a loved one today, but like Nameless Specter said, they died living their dreams, and they had to know about the small chance of not making it back home....

Retired
Best answers
yeah very sad it happend, I've done countless of presentations at school about space-shuttles, thats why i'm shook up a lot when I heard it. :( may they rest in peace.

Best answers
Well It is very sad thing about this shuttle, The explanation they gave on the news was that a piece of ice fell off the fuel tank and hit one of the tiles of Carbon-Carbon (this is very heat resistant), since the tiles were messed up, upon re-entry if even 1 of these tiles (they are small enough for you to hold in your palm) isnt there it could cause seriously problems (like an explosion), so now 7 astronaughts are dead, (you can blame Bush for cutting budgets for safety on Nasa's rockets). They did make a huge deal about only 7 people died, i mean this is almost getting more publicity than 9/11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom