the Palit video cards

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So, it seems the store I planned to buy my new computer has risen up its prices, which pisses me off.

So instead of a GAINWARD HD 4870 512MB video card I have an option to get a Palit HD 4870 1GB video card for some 30$ less.

Is that Palit card gonna **** up or Palit is a good company?

As well, this card is called the dual sonic version or something like that which has an option of turbo mode which rises the performance a bit, its overclocking if im not mistaken, which is a nice option. But if I activate the overclock button doesn't it overheats and ruins(for the long run) the card?

That is the card http://www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=969

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Palit is a good company. Not a major video card player, but a good company. Gainward has a good reputation for quality overclocked cards as well (also not a major player).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hmm, it seems this card has a turbo option which is kind of an overclock.

Isn't overclocking harms the hardware for the long run? And if the company itself overclocked the product and put in a turbo option isn't that gonna harm the hardware as well in the long run when you activate the turbo mode?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
always depends on the individual piece of hardware and on how much you push it.
Some hardware is even meant for overclocking *points at AMD "Black Edition" CPU's for instance*

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm, it seems this card has a turbo option which is kind of an overclock.

Isn't overclocking harms the hardware for the long run? And if the company itself overclocked the product and put in a turbo option isn't that gonna harm the hardware as well in the long run when you activate the turbo mode?
The turbo switch is probably more of a gimmick then anything else, athlough it does give you a bit of a boost.

The boost isnt very high so I doubt it would harm the card.

What I would look for in a high end video card is the type cooling it has, all similar (eg. HD 4870) cards are pretty much the same other then some tweaking here and there, the cooling is what will most likely determine if all that tweaking is gonna cause the card to fail or not, imo.

According to this review the Palit card seems to be pretty decent, and to me the cooling looks fairly good, I would probably go with that.

Btw how much would you get it for?

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Gainward is actually a daugther company of Palit........:rolleyes:

Palit videocard are pretty decent and since the HD4xxx serie they are trying to become a quality brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom